Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > pretending your poi head is a staff

Login/Join to Participate

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
i should really have put this in the contact poi forum, but its kind of halfway between contact and isolations so i thought i could be more of an attention [censored] and start a new thread wink

i had a small play at olives the other night and learnt that if your horiyontal isolations are good enough, you can pretend that the poi head is in contact with your body, and move it around as if it were a contact staff... so much fun was had with monster rolls, the matrix, steves, etc. I was too tired to play much, and most of it was with just one poi, but i've got a little time this week to play ubblol so i'll post more as and when...

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i had a small plate of olives last night, I cant stop expelling wind now either... :P

nice idea mate, like tracers without the wrapping...

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Sounds very nice... me likey the idea...

Hope you guys had a very beautiful time in Paris
X

Getting to the other side smile

-sandy-BRONZE Member
old hand
716 posts

Posted:
Yea i've played with that. I found it really difficult to get any kind of decent roll with it though, it just kept snaging.

I've been trying to do a conveyor belt with a poi cos its easier to wrap them but it loses its momentum before i can pass it to the other hand at the moment. I think there must be some kind of flick with the wrist to get the momentum up again to pass it over but im yet to find it.

Your the man to do it tho, i'll be interested in what you come up with. smile

"Don't do it naked!"