Forums > Social Chat > Abuse of the HoP Resources: ALL PLEASE READ

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, I am posting this here because I am really infuriated on so many levels.
Cassandra sent this to me in PM, and gave me permission to copy it here. I feel this is prudent to publically address because so many of us were named in this letter, and in blatant lies and mistruths that I feel is offensive and should be known about.

"just got an email from "cantus fraggle" but I KNOW it was not him cause
it is not his style and not his email address either

here is what the mail said

listen, I think we have all had enough of you and it is time for you
to know that.
I get emails from people such as Fluffly Napalm Fairy, valura, Trippy
Hippy, Bam Bam, Lunchbox, Bluecat, 1112, Magnus, Dio, Rozi,
Pele and even Malcolm telling me they are tired of you.
So given your post about some of us changing our identities online
but I am writing you with my real name
Stop "shining" on Home of Poi, we do not want you and your fake
kindness
Cantus"

Now, we fully realize this is not Cantus writing this. It is not his style at all and the way the names are listed is completely incorrect for what Cantus would say.
However.....
I am upset that someone used HoP resources to cause pain.
I am livid that this was a violation against someone I LOVE DEARLY
I am angry because so many unsuspecting people, whom I also care about, were brought into this.

The blatant lies and ignorance with which this was done was to levels of immaturity that are completely incomprehensible to me. The astounding amount of disrespect for HoP and the people named is astronomical.
It is from a very insecure place, a very jealous and cruel heart that this letter comes from. It sickens me that the attack was on someone so lovely, so giving and so beautiful inside and out as Cassandra. But it is always the lovely ones that the insecure try to take down isn't it.

So here is my note to the person who did this. I pity you for your cowardice (hiding behind a wall of strangers, pretending to speak for them? How cowardly can you get?). Whatever you were trying to pull didn't work. Cassandra knows I have a big mouth and a protective attitude. Truly if she wishes, Cassandra can actually have the email tracked (written from a Cantus Fraggle hotmail account, btw for all you net savvy) and take legal measures to have your service provider ban you. She is wonderful and should not bat an eyelash at your pettiness however.
I sincerely hope that someday you find peace with yourself, because maybe then you will find that these actions are not funny, nor are they productive in anyway. Perhaps when that day comes you will find yourself in her place and know how it feels.

[ 11. April 2003, 06:06: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I didn't know that such cowardly people actually exsisted! Well said Pele!!

All I can say to you Cassandra is SHINE ON MY LOVE!!! Your post always make me think of the good things in life. You have a kind heart and it oozes thru your posts..

To who ever wrote that stupid mail.. ALL the people you mentioned in your mail would never agree with you.. they are so way above your train of thought to even spend a second on your level.. and I've only met two of them in real life and communicated with a few others in HoP land..
..my pity to you and I hope you find some kindness in this life.. coz if you don't you will have to learn the same lessons again in the next life and then what would have been the point of this one?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
That's just too disgusting for words. I am shocked at how low some people will stoop to gain attention and cause heartache.

Cassandra is one of the most beautiful and sincere people I have ever had the good fortune to meet, and C@ntus is pretty special too. There's just no need for behaviour of this type. I hope this is not the beginning of another one of those angry times on HoP.

Love and respect to everyone who's name has been taken in vain by this un-named coward.

Are we nearly there yet?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately, this is a simple side effect of being online. For every 1000 hugs we get we will get one of something like this. I hope that our HoP princess (one of many, of course) will not take any of these words as painful... but instead be a bit flattered that her happiness has attracted the attention of a troll. (At least that's how I look at it.)

Hugs to everyone, except this coward. Though honestly, I think sometimes random and pathetic acts like this make me realize how many truely unhappy people there are in the world. In a way, it makes me appriciate my happy little life that I'd never have to stoop to such a thing to make myself feel important.

Hopefully Cass and the rest of the gang will look at it that way also.

Love all around...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Indeed tis unfortuate this sad unhappy person felt necessary to lash out and vindictively hurt a lot of people. I take solice in the fact that this person is a rare exception to the rule in this beautifull place which is full of beautifull people.

Shine on Cass!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*deep breath*

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Whoever you are, I pity you.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey there
this thread will be soon deleted by our angel
let us forget this and whoever wrote this, I hope you reply to my mail and we can solve this or just stop it.

What I do when I dislike someone is stay away from them unless I have a problem with them in which case I discuss it with them directly. I really do not like the way you expressed yourself, but I fully respect the fact that you dislike me, you just cannot please everyone and that is healthy even. but the world is big and I am tiny so I am easy to avoid , you know ?

Shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
from having personel contact with several of the people cited, I can assure you that this is obviousely a prank from some cowardly evil minded person....

cass cass cass

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Cass, sweetie..I put this up also so that everyone who is on that list knows what is going on, so it will stay up a bit longer. It is everyone's right to know what they were dragged into.

However, this thread is not spreading any negativity at all. This thread is actually very lovely and positive. Full of wishes and hope.
I view that as very good indeed!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
lets take this one as a warning shall we?
If you get an email or pm, from someone you thought was a friend, attacking you in anyway shape or form, for no obvious reason, Check it out with the supposed sender. Dont go around feeling cruddy because someone has a demented sense of humour.

I think its fair to say, that none of the prominant posters on this board, especially ppl like Mr C@ntus Fraggle, would pm or email such bollocks.

Spread the love folks, like a bandaid, we can cover up this ugly tear in the fabric of our beautiful site, until its fully healed and forgotten.

xoxxoxoxoxx respect hugz and love to all
Flynty

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
That makes me so angry. Cass, I barely need to tell you how much I care about you, you know this. I am so angry about someone making use of my name, and the names of my friends, to create trouble and attempt something that is so much against what we believe and stand for.

Cass a nasty shock, but thank goodness you know it is not for real

Pele, thanks for leaving this up for a bit. I appreciate knowing what is going on.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
sneaks in, gives all affected a big hug and wanders out muttering.....

why can't people like this with too much time on their hands get a hobby?

oh, that's right - we're here because of our hobby.....

shine on all of your beautiful hop stars

monoxide442200member
24 posts

Posted:
this really makes me mad....the fact that my close friend LuNcHbOx was dragged into this makes me very very angry...and nathan sry man...i know that email isnt true man....i hope that anyone hurt is ok....i cant believe that someone would do something to hurt so many...take it easy..peace....later

You have smoked yourself retardedDave Chappelle HalfBaked

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
hey man....
that is bogus for some one to say that...
thanx chris...
man who would say such things?....
we are all a tight nit group here.
and i know C@ntus...he would never do that...
somebody as cowrdly as to talk behind peoples back...
to say something like that and nobody have enough balls to say "Yeah,...i said it".
i have enough of it and i hate it when people say crap about me behing my back...
Chris and i know all 'bout that...
anywho...You say anything like that you stand up and claim it...
Hey And Cass....
you keep shining...don't listen to that shithead.

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Truly if she wishes, Cassandra can actually have the email tracked (written from a Cantus Fraggle hotmail account, btw for all you net savvy) and take legal measures to have your service provider ban you.
Generally speaking ISPs don't care about this sort of thing, it isn't technically illegal and very hard for them to investigate.

But if you want to find out who it was then the process is simple. In the email sent check the headers. If it's from hotmail then one of the lines will be "X-Originating-IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx". Take this IP, mail it to malcolm and ask him to check his server logs for matches for the time frame it was sent (ie plus/minus 45 minutes), and who was logged in using it. This will work if the user's ISP doesn't use cache servers, if they do and malcolm doesn't log the X-forwarded-for field, then you may not be able to trace who it is (as multiple people that use the board will appear to have this IP), but you will narrow it down to a few people (and physically speaking certainly to within a couple of hundred miles of the person if not the town/city).

If you fancy making a complaint to the ISP then you'll need to do a whois on the IP to find the netblock owner. Generally speaking ISPs won't take any notice, particularly ones with large amounts of customers. But if it's an office, school or college where the user shouldn't be doing that sort of thing with the machines they may well get their arse kicked.

Stuff like this does suck, but it's a reality of the internet today. I've used the internet for an obscenely long time now, 8 or 9 years ago it was generally hobbiests using it. These days pretty much everyone has access to the internet and it attracts a lot of immature, antisocial and unstable people who like the fact that they can seamingly get away with behavour that would get them beaten up/jailed for the real world. With the amount of people online it's very easy to become completely detached with the emotions of people you are conversing with, the whole "i'll probably never see them online again, let along meet them in real life, so...." syndrome etc.

It does suck, but it is a reality and to be perfectly honest, from my experience, something which there appears to be an unusually small amount of occuring on this board. All you have to remember is that the perpetrators are either 12, very immature for their age or not entirely all there. If you can accept that this is the case, not people you care about or respect and not let it get in the way of friendships, then you can for the most part enjoy and exploit the wonderful medium of interaction that the internet provides.

flid

P.S. Lemmie know if you want a hand tracing who it was. People who do immature stuff like generally don't have the slightest idea how to cover their tracks and those that think they do generally don't.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Now I know full well that if my name was to be in this post I would be cutting sick ten fold more, however valura is, and I believe this gives me a right to nut off...

Isn't it funny that this tiny little mule who sent the beautiful Cass this sad sad letter, told of only the names of the most loving hoppers I have every seen (Now now ren, I know there are many many more... ), and to end it under the aka of C@ntus is funny... Just think about this for a sec... Writing a post which mentions, and Quote,

quote:
telling me they are tired of you.
Is the one thing I can't quite get my head around... this perso... scrap that, this animal, who with endless learning of the art to type on a computer, must have never meet Cass.

I know I'm ranting, But I DON'T CARE!!!
Whoever this was... Know that Home of Poi is a caring community and just to remember to think before you type...

Sorry Cass and any other hoppers, other then the one who bears a fake name, if I have upset any of you... just my protective side of the ones I care for coming out...

fake cantus

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Eeyoremember
18 posts

Posted:
Of course, if you do find out the IP, you could accidently pm it to me...

On a serious note. Ive been here for roughly two years (different username) and am confident that you and pele are the reason why this place has such a nice atmosphere. Its like an oasis in the middle of a desert. If I were to make a poll of the kindest people I have ever known, you would be up in the top 5. (honestly). That makes you an extremely special person.

I'm sure your kindness trickles down and cause other people to be kind to other people. Thus you probably, single handedly, make the world a better place. I know I try to be kind to other people because of you.

I feel very sorry for this child. Cassandra and the people on the list are very emotionally secure people and I am confident will get over this. However this child has obviously got very deep issues. I only hope that he will find help.

Anyway, I just want to tell Cassandra that the email coudn't be further from the truth and to pay no attention to it.

Carry on shining Cassandra!

Makes you wonder really.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
This is a horrible thing for somebody to say about Cassandra! I personally don't know her, but have read some of her posts and she seems like really sweet and caring soul. I know for a fact that Dio would never say something like that and nobody knows him better than I do.

Cassandra shine on!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
It was'nt me. Serious. Id put my name there if i was going to do something like that.

Back to tracking HIM. It may not be possible, if it was an e-mail, they can change their e-mail address so it wont show the true 1. Also they can change their ip. But on the off chance they did'nt, TRACK THEM and kick their a$$.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I guess this goes to show that one bad apple does NOT ruin the bushel.

So to whomever you are, I hope that you've learned that we are stronger, healthier, happier, and better than you.

And this, folks, is why I love HOP.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
That's so cruel !!! this person must have some real issues!!.

Drop bear hug miss cass

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

TurqoiseDreamermember
36 posts

Posted:
I am only new here but Cassandra made me feel very welcome and wrote a little note to welcome me here. I think she is a very special person

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I too have received nothing but sweet, compassionate communications from Cass on the few occasions we've PMed each other. She is an exemplary member of this community and has done absolutely nothing to warrant that kind of derogatory abuse. I and others her dearly and believe HoP is a much better place with her around.

With that said, I'd also like to point out that the only time I have ever communicated in any semi-direct way with C@ntus has been to request ICQ Buddy List Authorization, which he has still not given me

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Out of all the people on this board who would deserve such a thing said to them I am totally amazed that it was said to Cass. That's just odd.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
OK, I hear your point Pele so let us leave this here for a while then.

Just wanted to make sure it is absolutely clear that not ONE SECOND I did think it was Cantus writing or anybody mentioned in teh mail actually thought that. NEVER . I have the biggest respect for all the above mentioned people and everyone on HOP.

I do not wish to track that person down for the time being, but should this occur again, I will take you computer geniuses up on your word and do so

You are beautiful

SHine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I am totally shocked and upset by this!

Cass I know I don't need to repeat what I and others think about you, but right now I want to.
I'm sure I not only speak for myself when I say, you can shine on me any time you bloody like tis your ray's of sunshine that have brought many people out of some dark days (I myself was truly humbled by your sincere act of kindness in a very traumatic time......you know the only one )

I'm shocked that someone from this board (that I REALLY do call home) could do such a horrid thing, and name others in their act of nastiness.

To the sick waste of space that wrote this piece of SHIT....**** YOU get a life and leave our Cass alone.

Cass I don't know how you can be so calm about this....hold on yes I do, it's because you are a gentle. I for one would like to find this bit of scum and tell him/her what I think.

Cass you've rocked my world for a year and a half Princess don't ever stop.

Love and respect

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:

Cass that is so horrible. I'm completely upset by it. Why would anyone be so malicious?

It makes me feel all sad - Like I've done something wrong even though I know I haven't. Sounds stupid, but you other people on the list, do you know what I mean?

This place would be empty without you baby

How utterly nasty to pretend it was from someone so honest and kind too. For anyone who's met cantus I'm sure you can see how upset he is by this too. And Cass - you know we love you

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
So the stupid f*cker's at it again are they.
This makes my blood boil.
How many people has this affected??? How many people on HOP have got these emails and believed that it was from the person whom they were pretending to be????
But to send one to Cass its just bang out of order.
Who ever is doing this- You sir are a dip s*it.
LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.
High Class Hippy No:1
N.E.W.B. Agent #012
"I Got Soul"
Non-Https Image Link

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I might be getting mixed up here, but are you saying that this person has down this before if they have then I really think we should do something NOW!!!!
I don't want to see another HOP'er hurt by this person!

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hmm - what to say?

Completely disgusted and ashamed by the actions of this person. Cass is our angel.

end of story.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
I am really saddened by this.

My only possible explanation is that this "person" is jealous of you Cass, and all the others mentioned in the PM.

Cass - I think you are one of the nicest, most caring and warmest people I have had the pleasure to meet and to be able to call my friend. To write such a hurtful email demonstrates that they have cleary never met you. I applaud your self-control and your ability to look on the bright side, me I would be fuming mad . But again this proves how much of a genuinely nice person you are

I have just spoken to BamBam and she is really upset by this, and if she is upset then so am I

Like I said before I think the perpetrator of this is jealous that Cass and all the others mentioned are such kind hearted individuals and together they are like the glue that keeps HoP together.

So I say, ignore this ignorant t*at and keep doing what you all do best. I love you guys!

Hels

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Page: