Forums > Social Chat > What colour hair next?

Login/Join to Participate

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Anyone who met me at Play and ShefCon this year will (hopefully) remember that I had my hair in pink and dark blue braids. Unfortunately the time came where I had to remove said braids in order to look relatively respectable in my graduation photographs! frown The braids are going back in ASAP but I'm thinking a change in colour would be good. I'm guessing that most of you don't care - but think of it this way, you have the power to influence someone elses life! Plus I'm interested in the general opinions about hair colour. So the question is, what colour should my braids be this time? confused

(Feel free to suggest any other ideas) ubbrollsmile

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

A few clowns short of a circus!

Damn right I'm good in bed - I can sleep for days!

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
well, i was at play but i dont remember you, (unless you're beth) but i think you should have red yellow green and black dreads (reggae smile)but out of the stuff you listed then purple and black

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
its not really that important really is it. why not just cut all your hair off and be a skinhead? smile

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Didn't say it was important redface

Couldn't go skinhead, my ears would get cold! eek

Children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!!!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
umm, mohawk?? (you could be like Craig David and have humongous headphones?)

or an afro?

or dreads?

or, alltime favourite..a Mullet!! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
get dreads smile

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce DREADS............................................ neon blue and red dreads wink

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, now there's an idea! ubbidea

Anyone any good at doing dreads? I'd probably look awful with them though! peace

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I can dread hair, it's best if you hair is thick and preferably curly (although it'll be ok straight).

I had dreads for about 3 years, but had to get rid of them when i got nits. yuck.

also its best to not wash your hair or brush it for as long as possible before you dread it.

If you like having your hair braided though, you might regret having it all dreaded.

7,193 posts

Posted:
bounce jo...................... dose that man you can dread/ wrap my hair for me.......... i have one little trial dread i put in myself and i'm waiting to see what that dose.............. but i'd lovvvvveeeee some natty dreadlocks

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Siege, to offer a considered opinion, a pic of you would be really helpful - got any links? smile

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
yeah i can do Al smile all it is is twisting and knotting your hair up lots, it hurts your fingers after a while biggrin i'll do it in return for a coupla doobs! biggrin

7,193 posts

Posted:
jo...............DEAL ubblol hug i have the basic idea and know how to tighten the knots wink

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
I have looked in to dreads before, after enough people tell you that it would look good you cant help but do some research on the subject biggrin

I found there was some interesting info on this site... https://www.dreadlocks.com/
(Hope i got it right, at work and cant check to see if it works)

Lists all the different ways to start your dreads,and pros and cons of each.

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

K__BRONZE Member
...join us...
184 posts

Posted:
Yeah that link does work (very interesting reading) - and lots of sympathy for being at work at this time of night!

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
 Written by: K__

Siege, to offer a considered opinion, a pic of you would be really helpful - got any links? smile

Will try and sort piccies out tomorrow biggrin

By the way Jo, are you the Jo I first met at firegathering and then again at Play?

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: K__

Yeah that link does work (very interesting reading) - and lots of sympathy for being at work at this time of night!

Lol when i posted that it was actually about 9am biggrin

Thanks anyway though, not long til i can get outside for a bit of a juggle though juggle

Let us know what the final decision is for your hair smile

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Yep, thats me!! biggrin

_Siege_SILVER Member
181 posts

Posted:
Finally got around to putting my Play photos in my gallery! ubbrollsmile