Forums > Social Chat > my rights as a tennant

Login/Join to Participate

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Yey for my first post in social!

Im moving out my house and starting in a new one, my contract is from 1st July so I would have thought my landlord would have to get the girls who are in the house out by mid-day today so we can move stuff in tonight and live there from tomorrow.
However ive been around (as its 2 doors down from where we are living now) and they say they are staying there until about midday on saturday. I can still stay in my house because its the same landlord but the same cant be said about the other people im moving into the new house with.

Where do I stand? Should my landlord just get them out but later today (30th June) ?

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
You contract should start from midday on the 1st July, so it should be clear by then. If it's not, then you should have rights to have a moan after all - you are paying from midday on 1st July.

Most landlord's are pretty good about moving stuff in a bit earlier but it seems in this case, he is sticking to July 1st at midday. You could have a chat with the landlord shrug

good luck!

Gayle.....!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
yeh thanks. He's a sound guy he's just got his head up his bottom really as far as sorting things out goes. like collecting cheques from my housemates, one of the mowed him 6 months!!! if I was a landlord Id want paying within a week or id be sending out late payment fees/eviction notices.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Spanner

don't forget to agree a prompt inventory and collect photographic evidence if possible as soon as possible after being granted access to the property

Thats a good idea smile

In addition I would suggest you don't forget to agree a prompt inventory and collect photographic evidence if possible as soon as possible after being granted access to the property. wink