Forums > Social Discussion > Baby Ravers - or: Minimal age for festivals/ parties req.?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
O.K. - Hoorray! Hoorray! The youngest raver has been spotted 3 days ago on a Rave: 6 month!

COOOOOOL

Today in Nine-Bar/ Anjuna/ Goa (India), we had "the old ones" of age 6 and age 8!

Yeah guys, now I'm waiting for comments like: [cynism] "Tom, you're seen in all the worse places in the world - why are you amazed? Get out of there and turn to the sunny side of life - look for the "real" India..." [/cynism] wink Hey I really don't mean it like that hug

But please just spread the word: If you haven't been able to find a baby sitter - at least bother to get earplugs for your little ones and consider to blindfold them, as at 9am, after 8 hours solid dancing and intake of psychodelic drugs, the view of those "zombies" isn't what I'd consider "a great example"...

[cynism]But maybe that's the fairytale of the **"Michel Jacksons "Thriller"-Theme comes up*** and I should not take away the magick for those little ones... [/cynism] wink

Ah! And anyways, Tom - there's a theory that children actually choose their parent, so it serves those little buggers right!

wink smile smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

dani_babybooSILVER Member
addict
667 posts

Posted:
ok mother/ravers point of view

ok i have been taking my kids to festivals and beach raves since they were 6 months old...

it was summer. out doors the music isnt as loud as in an enclosed pub and majority of the people may be on pils or what not but do you actually realize that ppl taking pills are a lot less likely to get into a punch up than someone who has taken there kids to a pub on a sunday afternoon to watch the football match and some drunken rebels have ended up in a fight and the child is in the way or even a wedding reception where everyone has been too drunk and got into fights and children have been in the way cause believe me i have seen plenty of drunken people at family parties put more kids in danger than i have parents at raves taking there children. because the people on drugs are euphoric and usually stay in there own place and are more fun and having a laugh than what alcohol does to ppl.

and for the record no i dont do drugs and at the beach raves i go to they usually in the day down at the thames and well organised with police keeping an eye on them and down at festival pier

as for the person who said ravehead would not be still raving years to come cause that is also bull crap...

i have about 10 friends all with adult children who are still raving with there children and i am good friends wiith all and i have been into it 9 years now since 1997 and the days or helter skelter at sanctuary milton keynes...

i host my own events now and we raise money for childrens charities and whats to say they are any different to taking kids to poi meets cause that is encouraged although it can be late and camping with small children and ppl having a drink and up till late isnt it in a way very much the same...

yes you do have to be careful when going to raves with children but if they are well organised and safety checked and the parents are responsible then whats the point in giving up your life for parent hood

where does it say your a parent never enjoy yourself and never share stuff you enjoy with your kids cause to me i had a lot more trouble from my ex smoking the green at home than i have from taking my kids to raves...
to me taking drugs in your home with children is irrisponsible and if you get busted as the person says it is also on record and if that happened in your home or in front of your child isnt that irrisponsible too???
also smoking it in your hoe isnt that like sharing it with your child cause they inhale whats in the air, they breathe the same air???

just my points of view

enticed, entrapped, entombed.
intoxicated, impaled, ingested.
bewitched, beaten, broken.
enter the love realm...
insert ur token

o jej, ale bym ci wylizal ten pepek

stepped up promotions

Str8JakitDealing in Perception & Probability
135 posts

Posted:
Written by: dani_babyboo

where does it say your a parent never enjoy yourself and never share stuff you enjoy with your kids cause to me i had a lot more trouble from my ex smoking the green at home than i have from taking my kids to raves...

to me taking drugs in your home with children is irrisponsible and if you get busted as the person says it is also on record and if that happened in your home or in front of your child isnt that irrisponsible too???also smoking it in your hoe isnt that like sharing it with your child cause they inhale whats in the air, they breathe the same air???

i never said not to enjoy yourself, or not to share things you enjoy with your kids, or that you have to give up everything when you become a parent. i changed my life style casue of my daughter. to me it's more responsible than taking my daughter into a situation were people are on all kinds of stuff. all parents are differnt in how we raise our children. but i will not take my child to raves. all ages, family frendly fests, maybe, bur not raves. again, to many people on to many diff drugs for it to be considered safe my child!

don't think i am trying to speak against the rave culture. i'm not. i learned alot about myself from it, and my friends and i ahve turned PLUR into a religion, if you will (well more like guide lines i guess.) and i have fought for it ever sense the U.S gov snuck that anti-rave act on to the bottom of the Amber Alert bill. but why expose a young child to it? insted, introduce them to your friends that you made at raves. let them see that ravers are not bad people by any means. then when they are older, they can make an informed descision on whether or not they want to be a part of it. i don't know how it is in europe, or other parts of the U.S. but in my area, being a raver is classifyed as being a crack head. sober or not.

now when cyanne asks me about my rave days, like she eventually will, i'm not going to lie to her. i'll tell everything i have done, seen, and so on. then leave the choice up to her. a personal choice i decided when she was born. and as for smoking in the house.....were did i say i did that? i said i wait till hours after she is in bed. i don't smoke ciggies in my house.....much less the green stuff.

Legal and illegal are a point of view. All that matters is morality.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
*Agrees with everything Str8jackit just said*
EDITED_BY: nearly_all_gone (1137619990)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I think it’s great to see kids at the big festivals like Confest, Earthcore and Rrainbow Serpent. They are well catered for with a special kid’s village, that includes lots of great activities.

Cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:

it was summer. out doors the music isnt as loud as in an enclosed pub and majority of the people may be on pils or what not but do you actually realize that ppl taking pills are a lot less likely to get into a punch up than someone who has taken there kids to a pub on a sunday afternoon to watch the football match and some drunken rebels have ended up in a fight and the child is in the way or even a wedding reception where everyone has been too drunk and got into fights and children have been in the way cause believe me i have seen plenty of drunken people at family parties put more kids in danger than i have parents at raves taking there children. because the people on drugs are euphoric and usually stay in there own place and are more fun and having a laugh than what alcohol does to ppl.

But why take them out to parties of *any* description? Why take them anywhere people are doing drugs OR drinking OR smoking? umm

(And on the note of family parties, what's wrong with setting a 2 pint limit while the kids are still up, then letting them drink more after the kids are tucked into bed? umm)

Finally:

never share stuff you enjoy with your kids

There's a difference between inviting your child to a rave, and taking them to a rave when they're 6 months old, and can't make their own decision. If you take a child to raves from when they were born, then they're obviously not going to be able to refuse until they're about 12-14 and enter the "Whatever my parent does has to be uncool" stage.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

135 posts

Posted:
Written by: Stone

with a special kid’s village, that includes lots of great activities.

and THAT'S the type of event i would take my daughter to. something were she will have things to do, other than watch her dad spin fire.....again. and in a safe enviroment.

If there's a shadow in your life, then there is also sunshine. Perception is everything.

addict
667 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

But why take them out to parties of *any* description? Why take them anywhere people are doing drugs OR drinking OR smoking? umm

(And on the note of family parties, what's wrong with setting a 2 pint limit while the kids are still up, then letting them drink more after the kids are tucked into bed? umm)

Finally:

never share stuff you enjoy with your kids

There's a difference between inviting your child to a rave, and taking them to a rave when they're 6 months old, and can't make their own decision. If you take a child to raves from when they were born, then they're obviously not going to be able to refuse until they're about 12-14 and enter the "Whatever my parent does has to be uncool" stage.

ok i like to enjoy things with my kids, if they complain or are unhappy being somewhere they will tell me but my youngest son loves the beach raves they are day times and ppl are mainly enjoying the sun and the police are there and he digs in the sand and throws stones in the water.

as for family partys and a 2 pint limit, when was the last family party or any party you went to where kids went early or would agree to a limit because i have a big family and there is about 30 partys a year and all my cousins have big familys, and you try giving them a 2 pint limit

my family are irish and you can gurantee after a few drinks the arguements start and u cant limit of tell the irish they cant drink... if theres a bar they will use it

my kids no when to sya mummy im bored or mummy i dont want to go, in fact my kids ask me every day through the summer are we going the beach again, kids have there own minds too and mine love it and they proper dance to the music aswell

rolleyes

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

tillymoomember
107 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

NEVER take young children to festivals, funerals, raves, nightclubs, communities, wild parties or other countries, particularly India. They grow up to be totally competent streetwise famous bloody fire performers who make you look lame in comparison. umm Bad idea.

the opposite happened in my family - my sister got all the cool experiences - raves in goa, communitites in poona, working in amsterdam, living in a tent in far nth qld. and she is a materialistic, serial monogomous who married at 18 and lived in inner sydney for 7 years, with the family, car and house.
i, on the otherhand, had the stable home, catholic school, professional mother (for a while, anyway) and i am the itinerant hippie (who lives with the biggest hippie of them all wink ) who can't commit to anything and owns almost nothing. peace
go figure that one out!

so....taking kids along to all sorts of fun and exciting things can either introduce them to an amazing way of life grouphug, or completely turn them off it eek

"A Thnead's a fine thing that all people need"
Dr Suess

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Good point.

For every child of hippy parents who's been enriched by the experience, there's another one who deeply resents it, or who is embarrassed by their parents choice of lifestyle.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:

ok i like to enjoy things with my kids

Even when by your own admission you are putting them in danger?

as for family partys and a 2 pint limit, when was the last family party or any party you went to where kids went early or would agree to a limit because i have a big family and there is about 30 partys a year and all my cousins have big familys, and you try giving them a 2 pint limit

If your family can't stop drinking then they might want to re-evaluate what kind of dependency they have on alcohol. umm If they *know* they are going to get drunk, then why are they doing it in front of the kids? You think a 6-7 year old child has any respect for a drunk father/mother? I don't think so. "Yeah, I'm really proud my Dad got pissed and started a fight with another guy". Uh-huh.

Call me weird, but at parties our family has, adults never get drunk. Maybe a little tipsy, but no more. Time enough for excess when the children aren't there.

if theres a bar they will use it

Have you ever tried having a party with no alcohol? At all? Or is alcohol a prerequisite for any kind of social gathering? Do you *have* to get drunk whenever you're presented with some booze? If your excuse is "They're Irish" then all you're doing is reinforcing the cultural stereotype, is that a good or desirable thing? Do you feel proud to be Irish when your entire family is staggering down the street?

And how do your kids say "Mummy I'm bored" when they're 6 months old? Like I said, if you take them places since that age then of course they're going to want to go again. That doesn't make it a good thing.

I've just realised that I'm sounding really harsh, but I guess I just don't understand the willingness to place your children in harms way. shrug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:

Have you ever tried having a party with no alcohol? At all? Or is alcohol a prerequisite for any kind of social gathering? Do you *have* to get drunk whenever you're presented with some booze?

It's not just an Irish thing- there's many subcultures in the UK where alcohol is a prerequisite for a social gathering e.g. british working class culture.

Certainly, where I was brought up, if you didn't drink and didn't have a good reason for it (eg you're on medication), then that would viewed with suspicion and seen as wierd.

Sad, but true.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

addict
667 posts

Posted:
my children arnt in harms way thats just it

and i dont have partys i said i go to family partys and no if a party is in a club there is a bar
the club earns from the bar
at celebrations ppl drink its common in brittain and is a common irish thing for the men to drink

its normally other idiots that fight anyway such as cousins various boyfriends or there friends

fact is irish familys have a lot of social family get togethers usually involving a club with a bar and if people in our family dont go then they are outcast and besides i only used family partys as an example i rarely go to my family gatherings anymore cause i moved far away from home...

fact is i take my kids where it is safe and ontroled and police presence think states that is it in a safe place otherwise the police would have put a stop to it and the beach raves are exactly like poi meets acept the ppl go meet cause they like same music not because they like poi although there is a lot of ppl do poi at these places... and most are not drugged as the police in london tend to have dogs most are on there way to a club after and it is start to the day

and there is dangers anywhere you take kids ffs u could take them to a poi meet and someone is spinning fire and the kid could dart off, you can take your kids on holiday and them get harmed there. they can even be in danger playing with there own toys but we as parent no matter where we are keep them children safe and when at raves my children are never out of my sight fact they have come to metro weekender with me which is a festival and more people were off there heds there that i left yet at the beach raves down on the thames i have never had to leave cause of danger or someone being too off it

its ust a crowd of people meeting up

and you want to talk about stereo typing what are you doing about ravers??? cause theres a rave they all do drugs
think you need to go to a few properly organised raves and see for yourself

me and my mate have took our parent along and they saw fot themselves as they kept stereotyping that we was on drugs when raving.

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

Written by: Dunc

Written by: JC Firetricks

Must be something in the Air at Woodford, becasue I saw some very iresponsible parents everywhere. Letting their small children run around in the Circus tent when fire spinning classes were on. I nearly hit one of them when they came screaming past behind me...... I was like WTF !!! Where are your parents...... ohh their drunk over there

Fire spinning classes, with fire, so that's learning fire with fire, and providing no fencing or other blockade to prevent accidents like this?! Sounds more like the organisers complete lack of responsibility than the parents.....

Um, well, I was one of the organisers. There were no 'firespinning classes'. There were Spinning Skills classes for staff and poi, in the daytimes. No fire.
There were some small children, who we encouraged to participate in the (few)classes we ran for their age group, go to the kids festival, or remain on the outside of the space. Next year we will be even stronger about this; that it is a training space, not a hang out space. We did the same with adults too, moved them out if they were not participating in something specific.
But drunk parents at Circadia? I doubt it, really I do. Hot and sleepy maybe.

Fire was allowed in the training space from about 9 at night, with the permission and supervision of the tent owners (a professional circus). We had large orange 'witches hats' (I thought they were well over the top to be honest) and tape separating the space from the rest of the tent. Which had open sides and a grass floor, wet blankets, fire blankets, safety signage, 4 extinguishers and d60 fuel, which is such a high flash point it can be taken on planes. We also had daily safety audits and... I think you get the picture.... smile

and i was one of the other organisers....ubblol

definitely a shortage of drunk parents... in fact quite a shortage of obvious parents: i have a feeling a lot of them were taking the classes....

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
You have family parties in Clubs? Fair enough.

And I'm not stereotyping, because in my experience funnily enough, most ravers EITHER smoke OR drink OR do drugs. Anyone want to disagree with that? When was the last time you had a rave with NO smokers and NO drinking? That's what I thought.

It's completely different to a Fire meet, because there is no crowd of people for the kid to get lost in, and fire spinners are rarely drunk.

I'm not saying that the Irish are the only people who drink, that would be stupid umm I'm asking how your family being Irish is a valid reason for them to get drunk.

Well duh your kids are always going to be in some form of danger but let me point something out: Degrees of danger. Which is more dangerous for a 6 month old?:

1. Taking a kid to a rave, where people may be drinking OR smoking OR doing Drugs, and where loud music may permanently damage their hearing.

2. Getting a babysitter for them while you go out to the rave, or leaving them with a family member if that's possible.

I didn't say every raver was on drugs. I took MORE of an issue to the fact that you don't seem to think much of taking your kids to places where people get drunk with a certain regularity. Oh, and I just noticed:

majority of the people [at festivals and beach raves] may be on pils or what not

Sorry? You said *I* was saying most ravers were on drugs? umm

135 posts

Posted:

most ravers were on drugs? umm

yeah we are biggrin .....sorry but it is the truth. Sethis is right on that.

but Sethis, while i do not agree with dani, i don't think she is puting her kids in harms way. i have read all her posts on this topic, and it sounds like she keeps them by her side, or at the most, an arms length away. no i don't agree with her, but NEVER assume a parent is putting his/her child in danger. it's a good way to piss them off.....

the simple fact is this.......it's up to the parent to decied whether or not a place, event, or whatever is safe for his/her children. parenting is not easy. there are sacrafices made, and sometimes the parents have a hard time adjusting. i know i did. all any parent can do is raise their child to the best of their ability, and hope the leasons we learned as kids, our children take to heart.....only time will tell

addict
667 posts

Posted:
ah smoke and drinking

so walking down the thames as i do often with my son and there is many pubs and have seating outside and people are smoking there, walk down a street and ppl are drunk and on drugs, walk anywhere and ppl are smoking... you cant keep them out the way of every person drinking and smoking...
yes i said a majority might be but no not every raver does that as i dont, i run a business around the rave scene raising money for children and we have a zero tolerance policy...

fact is its outdoor raves so how is smoke on the outdoors going to effect them, you cant go in anywhere where people dont smoke these days cause they do, i smoke so does my partner...

alspo on the outdoors as ive said once it is like mii festivals in fact raves are mainy outdoors and like a festival but it was ok to take a child to a music festival such as glastonbury right???

lifes not about being judged its about making choices you find safe and i do that... i know my children are safe cause at the thames partys i know almost everyone and they know me and my son...
same as any parent they all make the choices they find right for there children

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Hey, my baby (to be) defenately wins the first prize as youngest raver as I was four days pregnant when I went to Kundalini in London biggrin

I never have, don't and never will take drugs. I don't drink and I don't smoke but I loooove to party! Since knowing that I'm pregnant I've quit tapwater, chocolate and partying. But if it was summer, I would go to outdoor raves. As someone stated before, they are not as loud or smoky as clubnights.

I will not go to BOOM this year as my baby will only be a month old then, but I hope to be back on the party scene next year. There are responsible parents and irresponsible ones and going out or staying in doesn't immediately make a difference. Of course there's always a risk when going somewhere but it doesn't mean that once you have children, you should stay home.

I remember these fresh parents at BJC (ok, that's not a rave but still, many crazy people juggle ) with their cute, tiny little baby. (Dunc clap)

Being attacked at parties? eek Sorry, but I don't think I'd go that kind of rave, with or without child.

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
oh sheesh... I'm kinda scared by some of the comments... on which planet are you located again? umm *checking the poll - dope, forgot that question*

a) a rave is a rave - some people there are either drunk/ stoned/ on pills, drops or sniffin speed... they go there to freak out on the dancefloor and shake it all off - every one in his own manner and fashion... and that's allright for them!
b) (child) save raving is like (accident) safe speeding - it doesn't exist!
people dance wild! sometimes capoeira-style, sometimes with eyes closed, sometimes running around like in a frenzy! your kid cross over the dancefloor? - it better has some good karma! If people bump into each other - not much of a prob... kicking a childrens head with an adult-knee?
c) the music is LOUD (sorry I can't enlarge the letter-size enough to visualize the average volume on a rave rolleyes) taking children there is almost as taking your dog... it hurts their ears!
d) tripping people with rubber faces approach your child! not only it has to watch adults freak out, it will also get enclosed by people on psychotropic drugs!

Do not try to paint a hozy-cozy heidi world of raves here! I am in the party scene for (*counts back*) - well, since '83! So stop trying to cowspoo me here! Unless you have an organised childs camp - a rave should be off limits for children - IMO shrug at least it will be for mine! Of course you have people aged 55 to 65 on parties too and I think that's great!

Unless they take their children (except for age 30... wink )... :P !!!

I don't want to think of the Mum who is having a cig in her mouth while she is putting pampers on her baby, or of the baby in the back of the car while both parents are chainsmoking in front.. but this is not the topic here anyways... neither is: "should I give up my drug addiction in favour of my child?" nor is: "what kind of drug addiction is "okay" when raising a child?" If you don't quit for your own sake shrug why would you for your child confused wink

The topic here is: why do parents bring their "children" on raves? "children"! Not "teens"! "BABIES" even!

I'll not put my attitude on anyone if you do, but if you're crossing me for accidentally knocking over your child whilst dancing - don't be amazed if I start ignoring you... I am feeling sorry for what happened already so don't even think of coming up to me in aggression umm

Being drunk on a family party is a usual ("male") habit in the social environment? Well - pity! Really! It's certainly not in mine, especially not when there are children around - and if it would be, I would most certainly choose to be an "outcast" rather than teaching my child that "getting drunk at any possible (inappropriate) occasion is what the cool and mighty adults do for a spare time"...

True that some children will turn in the opposite than their parents - but a large number will repeat the exact same thing and relive what their parents have showed them. Why? Because children love their parents (unconditionally)! And how could it be wrong what the parents do?

And those who appear "streetwiser" than other? Who tells you that "street-wisdom" is taught on raves and in drug infested environments? confused The smartest (!) children I have met were raised in a pretty clean surrounding... you're doing some smot poking dipe preamin' here!

We might turn away from our parents at age 14-21, but deep in our hearts (predominantly and even unconsciously) we (still) love them even if they were perfect "loosers" in our own opinion.

Yeah, I can hear you say: Butt.. already wink

No you don't have to stay at home I say - but maybe you get together with other parents and organise a "childcamp" on the next BOOM, if you can't or don't intend to stay away... and maybe try it with those "responsible ones" who don't just sit in the corner and puff until they fall asleep and let the children take off on their own...

*please don't interprete a "madrant" here - there really isn't any! I'm perfectly cool...*

135 posts

Posted:
can i get an ahmen for brother tom's sermon? wink

run it down brother tom, run it down......... ubblol

sorry not trying to down play your post, it just kinds came out of nowere. took me of gaurd......i make jokes when i'm off gaurd

addict
667 posts

Posted:
i certainly dont know what sort of raves you have been too but it certainly isnt the same as me
beach raves down the thames experience them for yourselfs il even post when they are on and invite people to a poi meet at one as the beach is big enough, and as for the description of ppl on drugs well ive never seen such things accept at all night clubs and then its a whole different ball game and there is age limits to them but at organised outdoor safe raves people have a bit more common sense and well my friends certainly do and as pointed out u all think festivals are ok and well if the likes or rainly camp sites full of people and young children is ok for babies and small children yet an afternoon rave where there is a dj and some decks and a few people meeting up maybe with a few cans mainly with bottles of water paddling in the thames and dancing not on drugs maybe the odd few are but during the day comon they are ravers not drug addicts

ppl in the states you described are more than likely unable to move from a room let alone get to a beach rave crawling with cops

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

135 posts

Posted:

as for the description of ppl on drugs well ive never seen such things accept at all night clubs

ok danni. i'm not trying to argue or fight with you on this. you have decided what's best for you kids, and i respect that. but you've never seen such things except at clubs!? then you are choosing not to see. i have been to indoor, outdoor, day and night raves. hell i've been to raves that start at noon on a saturday, and end at 6am the fallowing wednesday. i love the rave sceen. LOVE IT! but if theres electronic music playing, there are people on drugs listening. granted most of the drugs make you all happy and friendly, so they may just respect your kids enough not to come around, knowing the are censored ya know? i mean if i was at outdoor day party, and tweeked, i would not walk up to someones kids casue of the impression it would make......plus i would wan't to hug them, and that wouldn't be a good idea ubblol

but please don't think i'm attacking you. if you feel comfertable bringing your kids to ANY event, then that's your parogative. you know what's best for your kids. but next time you go to the outdoors, look harder. unless you are talking about you and your friends spacificaly not being on anything with the kids around

addict
667 posts

Posted:
fact the beach raves are invite only and the majority are tourists that take pics and think ooo look at that

hold on im going to go get a link to a pic of last years

it is only the day mini raves i take my kids to and festivals and most ppl have there kids there also

and i know everyone and they are only advertised by email ppl invite there mates and thats what makes them

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

addict
667 posts

Posted:
pics

small raver poi'er

poi

kiddie ravers

me and my mate and it was night so no kids

non drugged up ravers

more non messy people

ok now point out the drugged up elastic faced people at that rave

2 happy kids with there mum

pic of ppl looking on at us all

this is the site that organises it
EDITED_BY: dani_babyboo (1137795546)

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
FireTom has said something I agree with! I think the last time that happened it was last term. wink biggrin

And from the looks of your parties, I wouldn't call them raves. I'd call them what it says on the site: Beach Parties. But then, hey, the only rave I've been to was busted by the police. Maybe I missed out the "Kids Club Family gatherings", because I've never even heard of a "Rave" where the majority of people are tourists, and most people bring their children. Seems more to me like "Childcare with added Poi and Trance" than "Rave".

You and your partner smoke with children? Your decision, No comment. I assume you know the risks.

Oh, and about the "telling the parent they're putting their child in danger". My sister told our mother that she was being irresponsible by taking us on holiday to half a dozen African countries when we were younger. That hurt my mother, and I disagree completely. However if a child is in danger, then I'd prefer to talk to the parent about it rather than say nothing for fear of hurting their feelings. The life of a child is worth more than any amount of ego bruising.

addict
667 posts

Posted:
they are beach partys and as a free outdoor party is also known as a rave there u have it

festival pier free partys

times changed and raving became clubbing and partying
thats how i know it and thats how we like to be known as clubbers these days

enter the love realm...
insert ur token

stepped up promotions

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
No no - there's no madrant here - don't put more into my words than myself, please wink

@ Sethis: don't scare me now! biggrin

Can't be bothered anymore to try and talk reason into people - it's not about ego-bruising, really. If I'd worry about that - I'd certainly not post here... wink ubbangel

@ Dani: I'm very far from starting an argument with you wink *Some learn from mistakes in the past* footinmouth ubbangel hug And I was talking about "Raves" - you know - in Australia they call 'em "duffs"... these venues with really loud music (sometimes even psytrance and illegal in nature... wink ) dancing all night long... I was not talking about some (police-)moderated/ controlled afternoon tea-party at the River Thames-banks... wink

@all: What would you think of my idea to start a " Baby Ravers Photo Dokumentation " ?

Every time I see a parent with a baby, or little child - swooosh off you go onto the net... (I will certainly keep it PG... wink ) And don't worry about the "rights" on the photograph - as a participant of a public event, the photographer has the right to publish the picture however he likes... wink

Or is that mean? umm In nominis babies and spiriti sancti angel wink

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Written by: FireTom

And I was talking about "Raves" - you know - in Australia they call 'em "duffs"...

"Doofs", mate, "doofs". wink

hug

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
(doofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoofdoof)

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
and for that matter there is a clear distinction between a rave and a doof. smile
A rave (yes we call them raves down here) is the warehouse type set up with infinitely more flourescent pants and noise.
A Doof is a more hippyesqy chilled out free-for-all camping/dancing what ever you want type thing that doesnt damage your eardrums.

E ubbrollsmile

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
heyas - that was new to me - thanx rozi/ dentrassi smile

but... what about those outdoor events with loads of UV decoration AND a soundsystem that sucks your brain into your tummy? umm

Or does that mean, on a doof they only play buddha-bar?

confused rolleyes wink

Page: