Forums > Introductions > Sit back, take a deep breath, and talk to DrBoo.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Everyone else seems to have an interesting and sparkly intro thread, so I decided that I wanted one too.

So, I'm going to introduce myself to you all, all over again.

You lucky people.

I'm Boo!

Hello wave

I will be your hostess for this thread. So come in, come in. Settle down, you’ll find the couch is squidgy and comfortable.

If you’d like to make yourself at home, here’s a little about me.

(It's not a jumbled list of random stuff, think of it as free-association wink)

I was born in East Anglia in 1975, and went to Uni in Brighton, and then Cambridge/Norwich.

These days I live in Cornwall in a house by a river.

I can't surf...yet

By the way, I am not that kind of doctor, I don't know what that rash is. eek So don't ask me, but for God's sake, keep it covered up.

I learnt to juggle when I was 17. Taught by an amazing, stuffed-Koala-bashing, axe-juggling guy called JP who I went to school with. Unsurprisingly, he seems to have made it pretty big in Australia, as well as at festivals all over the world.

My mates in Cambridge did fire poi, which looked like fun.

I seem to own more poi than I have learnt moves - 4 pairs now (none of them the fire-setting kind) – from fluffy to glowy.

I can now do a behind the head butterfly, and a sort-of 3-beat weave.

I love music - everything from Aerosmith and Bruce Springsteen to Mr Scruff and Lemon Jelly.

I can play the Saxophone and the flute.

I can't dance

I make little figurines of gremlins and wizards out of Fimo.

Pink is very nice.

I give great hugs.

I can’t bear people stealing my oxygen. (You know, when you’re hugging and their head is too close and they’re breathing in and out and it’s like their recycling your air before you get to breathe it…um...you don’t know what I’m talking about? Oh. Nevermind.)

I love Stephen Fry (he once told me I was unique - my claim to fame!!)

Candles are great, so are baths, hugs, and sleeping.

I love films.

I do a bit of photography in my spare time.

I can't watch horror films. I get too scared.

I recently discovered chocolate pizza. It is amazing.

Feel free to pop by and have a lie down on the couch anytime. The Boo is always in. Rather unprofessionally, I also provide pots of tea, scones, and other baked goods for those on my couch. And hugs hug

So…lie back, relax and tell me, what did you want to talk about today? ubbrollsmile

EDITED_BY: DrBoo (1132241540)

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Good luck hun! Got your email but haven't had much time online recently and I'm not around Cornwall much at the moment! You still got the same number hun?
Give my love to the man aswell!
hug

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
Hello my fluffy couch-sitters. All comfy?

I thought I'd let you know that I've started a livejournal - under the name Doctorboo. So, if you're interested, please visit.

At the moment I'm updating it with all the wedding stuff from the last month.

Hope everyone had a fantastic New Year, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Eid Al-Adha, Kwanzaa...

hug

Boo x

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

DrBooBRONZE Member
453 posts

Posted:
I have moved to Cambridge.....farewell Cornwall, hello East Anglia! Again.
wave
Sorry I've been away for a while. Hope nobody was wasting away on the couch in my absence...
Hugs to all.

Boo x

Page: ...