Forums > Social Discussion > Oil crisis affecting the arts.... (More like a rant)

Login/Join to Participate

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
I am enraged! I am in shock! I am in trouble...

Are there cheaper fuels than kero out there? or will I just have to work harder to spin with fire?

The last time I bought kerosene a couple of months ago, it was about Php 26ish($.46) a liter, now its Php 32 ($.60)... and I don't know if that seems much to you guys, but over here it's a bit of a shock. Considering we used to be able to buy 5 liters of kero and spin all night with what it would have cost us to buy a big mac meal. Now I pay the same amount for a little over 3. And the prices are still rising...

*sigh* This bites...

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
Ha! Wish I could get it that cheap! The best I've found is 4l for £4 - that's $1.77 per litre! But my sources are fairly limited.. still!

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
ours is around AUD $1.60 per litre at the pump, in bottles its up to $2.50/L in some places.

Everything's dependant on oil, thats the problem...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
man we need to sort out biofuel soon, or it'll be glow for all, until the batteries run out too.....

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

nearly_all_goneSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,626 posts

Posted:
*begins work on solar-powered battery charger*

EDIT: *decides not to bother 20 seconds and one google later*
EDITED_BY: nearly_all_gone (1127908461)

What a wonderful miracle if only we could look through each other's eyes for an instant.
Thoreau

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

aerotech have one.

bloody expensive tho, especially for a scot wink

fuel is definitely on the way out, katch. and yes, yours is *incredibly* cheap, even after the increase...
why does it make you so angry? isn't it worse that we are denuding the earth?

KatchGOLD Member
Beach bum
162 posts

Posted:
It's all a matter of perspective really... We don't have first world buying power so things here *appear* cheap until you start making local wage. Having said that, I'm pretty sure I'd just faint if I had to buy fuel from your stations.

I'm not really angry, more like shocked at how quickly prices can rise. Never really experienced anything that dramatic (well, the peso dropped significantly some years ago...)

I also realize that this isn't the most environmentally friendly way to do things. So now I spin fire for special occassions, and stick to whatever else have you when I'm just passing time.

*sheepish grin* After reading your posts, my complaint seems to be a bit on the shallow side of things. Mental note: let the shock subside before posting rant... wink All's well biggrin

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-Franklin P. Jones

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I expected this thread to be about oil-based paints...

>.>

[/idiot]

Willy - is bad for your health...

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

hug fo an understanding katch...
didn't realise where you were for a little while there...
R