Forums > Social Chat > Do belive in the unbalievable???

Login/Join to Participate

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
like aliens, grimlins, trolls sll of the mysitkle
stuff, ghosts, and stuffs like that.....?
"coz i just had a wierd experiance that hapned to me the other day....and it was very super-natural.....
i was climbing down the flight of stairs at my house.....
and i hear this strange sort of thumping noise like someone walking across the floorboards type of noise....so i went back up to see what it waz....
i knew mom isn't up here....and the guy that lived with us waz at work.....
so i gets up there and it is very cold....like that semi-dead of winter cold....
i look around and i don't see anyone.....
and i was holding a cane that had been leaning against the door frame like a bat in case of intruder.....when i don't see anyone i start to walk out the door and i hear like a running down the stairs thud,thud,thud noise so i race over to the stairs, and yet the being escapes from me....now i have thought about it and i think that a ghost live in my house.....
cool....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
if you want it explained in esoteric terms, then what our culture refers to a ghosts is in fact the husk of a person's life still roaming. Upon the physical death of a person, the eternal soul proceeds to it's next incarnation, but the physical body and the 'spirit' take some time to decompose. While we may bury, cremate or necro the corpse, the spirit is not so easily disposed of. So society does what it normally does to the unknown: labels it (ghost!) and fears it.

Ya see, cultures and societies change over time, but the nature of existence does not. So please treat the 'supernatural' as a shortcoming of our perception of what's around you, because by and large, fear of it diminishes with understanding.

Assuming that it was a 'ghost', then an esoteric understanding of them will diminish your fear and override your anxiety of them with an understanding that they will cause you no harm.

BTW Casper the movie sucked.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
yes it did....

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
sometimes although mostly i am a very callous person
i dont really beleive in ufos ghosts etc. then again i never came across one ever.

whenever i get asked this sort of question i just say ' there are more things in heaven and earth horatio than you or i will ever dream of' and leave it at that

ps bender. nice theories i have a mate who you have some sort of psychic link with as i have heard everything you just said come out of his mouth before

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
If I believe then it is not unbelievable.

Do I believe in the questionable?
It depends on what time frame we are talking (for example, tell me a brontasaurus exsists on some farm 10 miles from here..alive, then no...but they did live millions of years ago..yes)

And it depends on what we are talking about. Ghosts, sure...pyrokinetics...not until I see it live from all angles. Stuff like that.

There are alot of variables, and it sometimes sucks knowing people with the Center for Inquiry (who research paranormal phenomenon) because then I get to find/figure out how many things are explained away and no longer mysterious.

Happy Hauntings wink
Pele

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i believe in the possibility of anything. i don't believe it truly exists until i have personal evidence.

like i believe aliens can possibly exist, but i have never seen anything that would prove it to me. i have, however, seen the workings of a ghost so i do believe they exist.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I believe in the "unbelievable"

We used to have a ghost in our old house.. i grew up with him. My mum saw him, and so did my dad, although he rarely mentioned him.
He was a friendly one, but sometimes moved things around. For instance i remember this time when everyone was out at work, and i left the house to go to a friends, then came back before anyone else had and a whole pile of books had moved from one room to anouther!
My mum said he used to keep her company when she was working at home, he never said anything for such but she said she felt reassured by his presence.

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...