Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > double-sticking one-handed???

Login/Join to Participate

stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
now, ive basically gotten most things down with the single and i can do double, but double in one hand is just impossible eek anyone got any tips on how to begin/hold them/spin?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i am a wuss - my favourite pair of doubles is only 17mm guage (thickness)
it's all about what you feel comfortable with!
thin doubles allout you to handle two sticks in one hand with a grasp that is not that dissimilar to holding two juggling clubs.
i like yoo!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

howwowardGOLD Member
73 posts

Posted:

you could take a look at knox's vids (knoxious-doubles)
on www.soton-firespinning.co.uk
for good examples of one handed double stickin!

Sometimes, you just have to believe.

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
I agree with bender there, i like thin doubles too - they warp a bit but they're nicer for one-handed stuff. wave

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Or u can ask one Blue cattie smile (Blucat)

POI THEO(R)IST

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Just hold the two staves in a cross formation. then you can spin them like that or throw from one hand to the other- Doing moves like the corkscrew look amazing like that : )

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

580 posts

Posted:
you dont tie them together do you.. ? that would sorta ruin the purpose of using two..

580 posts

Posted:
hey howwaward
i tried to open the link but it says im trying to enter a restricted area.. probly have to sign up first huh?

try it later :P

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: I know-it-all-except-most-of-it

probly have to sign up first huh?

Im afraid so - but it only takes a minute and thats all we ask for - mailny coz of the amount of effort and time that goes into getting vids up there - but for 5 mins and a screen name - it will be worth it - The knox vid will show you lots of stuff to do with doubles crosses and Ben has some up there two biggrin

Personally ive been playing with bigger sticks 1" dia and have been doing some parrallel spinning from two hands to one hand and back again, crosses are a bit more difficult mind - but like the peeps here say thinner sticks will probably be easier biggrin

Hope the vids help you out weavesmiley

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

howwowardGOLD Member
73 posts

Posted:
yeah, ya gotta sign up, but like Strugz says, it will be worth it - those Southampton spinners have it goin' on!

Sometimes, you just have to believe.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
You don't tie them together at all : )
just hold the two, crossed loosely in your hand and close your fingers over the sticks. You do need quite thin staves but it looks pretty neat : )

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

DragenWulfBRONZE Member
25 posts

Posted:
Crazy