Forums > Social Chat > Old at poi, new to other people...

Login/Join to Participate

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
I have been spinning now for almost three years, but only recently realized that there were other people out there who take it more seriously than just a cool light show. I have been trying to read some of the boards on new moves, but I have no idea what the abreviations are. If someone could give me a list, or a little help please? Also does anyone know if there is going to be another competition soon? And id so how do I get my web cam to capture it without is looking so jumpy the fluidity is lost?------------------

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Welcome to HoP , Strings !!! smileAbout the abbreviations, they relate to the poi lesson's videoBTB : behind the backTTN : thread the needle (see poi lessons)etc... if that is not enough, maybe you can be a bit more specific on what exactly you do not understand and people here will be more than happy to help.The competition just ended and Malcolm (who runs the site, hurray for Malcolm!!!)said there should be another one around March/April 2002.Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
OK thanks a lot. I will be sure to check out the abreviations. And stick around for the next competition smile.

Never get over confidant... That is when your chains wrap and you hit yourself in the face.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Strings, well- you better have a really top of the line webcam to record poi. Honestly a webcam just doesn't have the flexability that a cam-corder does, especially the digital ones (wow are they cool) unless like I said its the Uber-Bad-Ass webcam, then i think its just a matter of seting the right recording speed, and I think that is adjustable in the high end models. But if that kind a power is beyond your reach, find a buddy with a digital cam corder, that should solve your problems.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
welcome strings, where are you from? this is the best web site to meet people in your area to hook up with to spin, go to "meet others" at the top and search for your area, i'm sure you will be amazed at how many are there with you. maybe if you are by me then we could meet. ------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Stringsmember
25 posts

Posted:
I live in Wilmington NC, but am moving to New Orleans in a few weeks for school. So NY is probably out for a while. But I love to travel so I always wind up traveling to party's around where I live. So if there is anyone from New Orleans or the area let me know, I need to find the cool places to go down there.