Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London: Poi in the Park down south, 5/10/02 big gathering

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
www.poiinthepark.co.uk entertainment group (Chairman Mr PK)
in association with Summer Spinning Promotions Inc. (President Mr Dom)
and Glass (just jugglers crew)
Are proud to announce another all time

TOP SWINGING EVENT
The end of summer poi 'n' staff 'n' Juggling 'n' Stuff monster gathering
To celebrate the end of summer

On Clapham common
From 2pm till late o'clock
Saturday the 5th October 2002

There might be cake.

Bring if you can:
Picnic Food
Blankets for sitting
Toys for playing and
More fluffy people

If anyone can help with:
-Tea making, Biscuits
Music playing things
Flyers and telling people (dom?)
Cake and General Tom Foolery
Would be much appreciated.

Even got a super rain plan, will post it soon
Thanks Kat for reminding us to make another one happen.

Lots of gloves
Drew, PK and Dom

[ 04 October 2002, 07:51: Message edited by: glass ]

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
wahoo!!

Thank you everybody for much fun and frolicks on the common and around the capital. Special hugs to

Nancy & PK Yippeeeeeee!(Nancy - remember the bush . PK - cheers for the new moves. You'd better remember my small offerings when you put your butterfly list together too )
Jez, Pink Poi, Pink Flags + 'fluffy' for making us so welcome and being very funny indeed
Small Boy for letting us crash on Sun + feeding us, being lovely....etc...
Dom & Glass - thank you generally.(especially for the rug, glass) *hugs*
Noona (awwwww - how happy did you look you crazy cake eating suitcase hugging stilty person!) hopefully see you soon.....
Bovril - sorry we didn't get to chat. We'll try again next time
Same to BamBam methinks - I was admiring that double staffing, girl
Stix, Strugs, Noodle - was great to see you all again. Such fun! woopie......keep in touch
Mark P - good to finally meet you! cheers for the melon!

I should stop now or this post'll go on for ever! Just had a great day. Phew!

must go do some work..........

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
yey!! was a wicked weekend... twas great to finally meet some of u realy cool people! thanks for making me welcome! ]

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
Soooo sorry and annoyed I didn't make it. Grrrr. Was all ill and stuff.

Just have to make sure I'm at every single one next year

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Did CPG make it in the end? Didn't see anyone who might've been her.

Bam Bam and Drome Pixie, you two are awesome spinners. I was muchly amazed.

Amy K, very impressed by your spinning style. Slightly scared by your not spinning off excess fuel though. I was excited to meet you at long last - Thanx for the PM. Check your inbox.

Small Boy - quite possibly the hairiest dwarf at the barbeque - thanks for chips and beds and pies and tea and occasionally bothering to wear clothes.

Bovril, we should come up with a nw topic on conversation for next time. We've discussed your hand twice now.

UCOF, calm down a bit.

PK, I'll stop keeping it a secret then shall I? Congrats n stuff. Do me and she get invited to the big day? You're definitely invited to ours.

Glass, didn't get much spinning done. Spent much of the day policing your snow leopard. Stopping people from treading on it.

Pink Poi. I had no part in wrapping you and Justine up. I just balanced stuff on you every now and then.

Noona, sorry i didn't get to say goodbye properly but you'd gone off to partake of shroomage when Ros and I left in the end.

Havoc, saw you but didn't get round to saying hi.

Knoxious, nice spinning. I'd have bought some flags from you but my time machine refused to go get cash for me from the future. Any chance of a discount?

Ok I'll end this here cos I'm just gonna keep going all night if I'm not careful.

It was really great seeing everyone.
I wish i'd spun more etc. But nay mind. There's always next time . . .

[ 14 October 2002, 09:48: Message edited by: C@ntus ]

Meh

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
(reading this whole thread made my entire night, and i can use the positive charge, i've much webfixing next.

this is how a burn should be.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
C@ntus, agreed. Hopefully, next time, I won't be such a coward and be scared to talk to people I already know are fantastic people.
But if I am, I'll try to burn off all my hair, so we've got a new conversation starter

edit... Oh, and I'll probably have more burns under my belt (I don't get to burn much here, since I don't know anyone who can act as a safety and not get really bored), so I'm not as likely to be distracted as easily

[ 10 October 2002, 22:38: Message edited by: TheBovrilMonkey ]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Yeh, sorry c@ntus...I had waaaaaaaay too much energy that night...didnt sleep untill 4 days later...lol

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
oh - and Bovril - they be dreads, not braids

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
oops, sorry, since you had them tied back and I'm not really an authority on these things, I wasn't sure.
Nice dreads by the way

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Bov - Safety??? - hahahahaha

UCOF - u alwayz have 2 much NRG

Ros/C@ntus - Luvly seein u 2 again as always
Oh & Clothes are for those who don't have to wear kiddies sizes - hehehe

Big hugz to everyone else and especially those that went to infected

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Ok had a wicked time got some awesome pictures and made a bunch of new friends. What more can you ask for one day sitting in the park!!

Cantus/Ros - You are both awesome and welcome round mine anytime. Sorry about the stripper and the mad party! Oh and sorry for the amount of computer games we forced you to watch/play!

The rest of ya (You know who you are!!!) Cheers for making it a day to remember.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Thanks all for another excellent gathering. Special thanks to Bovril for the bubble warp :-) Appolagies to The United Chains of Fire for the slightly premature explosion from the mark 1 Lemon Launcher (tm). 100psi proved a bit much for the lemonade bottle cap. I'll try and remember more advanced hydro-lemon rocket technology for next time :-)

Pics here:
https://wood2.woodyland.org/pics/poi/poi_in_the_park-london-05102002/page.shtml

Slight chaos followed Poi in the Park. In the absense of Infected Mushrooom tickets, we headed for a free party by Reading. Only to find that it had moved to junction 6 on the M40, loads of piss poor navigating (by Burns) and general stonned ness eventually got us to the new site, only to find it being busted by the police. A quick regrouping in a layby after the police told us to go home, and Burns, MarkP and I head for a party we know of in Bristol. Arrive there about 5am and get right on with partying until sometime Sunday afternoon. sweet, though going straight to Bristol would have been the best idea :-)

The Universe laughs at plans.

Party pics:
https://wood2.woodyland.org/pics/parties/free_party-Bristol-05102002/page.shtml

Thanks again to all involved in an excellent weekend.

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Jez I'm not in sheffield this month. But if you feel like going then i can hook you up with THE best place to stay.

Let me know and i'll sort it.

Meh

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Fab photos Woody! Great ones of steel wool poi! Does anyone have a photo of the three in a row?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i only got it on cam... but no way i can upload though as my crap pc wont run my tvcard. shame i got some good footage.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
wicked pics woody but the last one on there did you have to take evidence of that rotton tree that just broke in my hands? wasnt my fault i tell ya. i will plant another in its absence. i love trees

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Shame we can't see your footage, but we have the photo evidence of you destroying Clapham Common - naughty naughty

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Was it the dead tree that someone thought would make a good hammock hangerer?

Meh

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Ah the tree destroyer was you Poi'd and insane! I was wondering who would own up ;-) Luckily it's look quite dead. No photos of Lemon launching unfortunatly :-(

It's a pitty we can't get your footage online. maybe a visit to someone with a good enough puter or copying it to VHS and sending it to someone?

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
maybe glass might do it for us?... erm
glass you alive bro?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
ok mark
I'm on the case, I've got a 5 sec clip of it comming your way, next time I get a break, couple of days or so.
noo problem.
mark, I'll need your e-mail addr

Been busy learning video editing recently.
Got something I'll post next week thats a bit sticky.

Drew

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
hey just thought I would pop in and give qa big hug to everyone that I met down in london.

needed a bit of a friendly hug

M

Page: ...