Forums > Social Chat > yeah, but wjhat else can you do?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
lots of people on this board go on about how they are the best at poi and have everything down after practicing for a few months. well, i've been spinning chains for alomst a year, and i still can;'t do the btb reverse weave, 3 beat or 5 beat. however, what i do spin, i spin like a mean bastard. and i can spin staff. and double staff. and flags. and staff and chain. and staff and flag. and flag and chain. and cross. and single-handed chain. and am working on quadruple chain. and i eat and breath fire and liquid dance with it. but no under the leg chains. not yet anyways. so what else can folk do out there?------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Bunny Farts. Heh Heh Heh !!!

jedimastahmember
97 posts

Posted:
I have many hobbies POI, cooking, biking, rollerblading, percussion, hacky sack, etc, etc, etc. The list goes on forever. I've been doing poi for almost two years now, and been reading all of your topick for months on end. It took me a while to register because I was too busy reading all of your comments and thoughts. But to get to the point everyone has thier own style and transitions. I,ve yet to find any one that is better than me, (no to toot my own horn). I have a group of friends who do poi and we are the best I've ever seen. I think that is so, simply and solely because we share every move we figure out. I'm almost positive that we have several moves that you have never seen or even consieved were possible, and vice versa. The key pull off semi-dificult moves like btb weave, (or what we call it "btb double dutch") is trial and error. It also helps if you have a little direction. From the mind of the Jedimastah smile

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Jedi--If you can brave the I-35 traffic, you and your fire-friends might want to come to the Tuesday-night fire practice at Cafe Mundi. If you need directions, contact me off-list.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
I can blow bubbles tongue

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
spit bubble?!

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
No, I'm not even that talented. tongueI was just talking about blowing bubbles with bubble stuff. It's not exactly the hardest thing to do, but i like bubbles. Theyre very bubbly in their bubbleness.

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
This may be off topic, but I just gave myself an idea! The latest in daytime poi/staff... The Bubble Poi/Staff!! Think about it... you could have a little resevoir leading to a ring of some sort, and as you spin you create lots of cool little bubbles. I think that would be the coolest thing to see, but as I'm fairly lazy and would most likely cut my hand off if i go anywhere near electrical power tools, I expect someone to go and make one, so then If it doesnt work someone else gets the blame grin.By the way, I know this was off topic, so shoot me if you please. But if i were you, i wouldnt shoot me in the groin. Ive hit myself there so many times I have balls of steel! tongue

saffiremember
27 posts

Posted:
Steel Balls are better than crystal Balls!

DONT PANIC
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Doniamember

Posted:
I can, Blow fire, eat fire, transfer, poi, batons, staff, double staff, fingers, fans, sticks, palms, fire jump ropes, swords, flags, bolos, fire sculpture and I have built some awesome flaming costumes as well.Things I am working on learning are.... monkey fists.I teach a fire class every monday and I require my students to learn more than just poi.Donia"Where ther is sorrow, I seek the flame."Rumi

Donia Love
Ignis Devoco Industrial Fire Circus

Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame.
Rumi

philmember

Posted:
I know I can do everything.However I'm still learning!

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
**Marlboro replies telepathically, but problems with the network may slow down responses**:-)~~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I can play video games like its no body's business, i can also reach speeds of 41 mph on my rollerblades (I donno what that is in kph, but its fast) I do staff, some basic contact juggling.I can go this thing with my tounge where I...nevermind. grinI write some pretty good poetry, and I can eat my weight in food in about 36hours.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
ive got a six inch tongue and i can breathe through my ears.hellooooo ladiesLOL

anyone got a light?

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
liar.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Ive been trying to twirl staff, and I can play the Didjeridoo, Thats like a long wooden instrument that makes a low pitch sound, its typical in the outback. Other than that, Oh yeah and me and my brother are learning how to break dance.Later

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I can blow fire out of my butt, just don't try this without cloths on... wink what's that smell? smells like burn't nut hair! frownI play my own music (cause I can't read it), can give an awsome masage (sensual type blush and/or the thereputic kind grin ) I can shoot a gnat off a flea on the hair of a rat's ass at 100 meters with my trusty swedish mauser. Like to paint and draw landscapes too. And I am THE MAN when it comes to flight simulators (shootem up kind) or any other 1st person 3-D shoot'em up games. Of which I've only been beaten once on computer (by a 13 year old kid, but it was his game that is my excuss and I am sticking to it smile ) and once on 007. But I own that game now...It realy sucks to be the best though, can't ever get any descent competition, gets rather boring. frown nobody to give a descent fight.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
liar? try me, ive got gills..

anyone got a light?

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I can do a 5 beat weave after 2 weeks of poi'ing! WOO-HOO!!!!!!------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
What I think would be really kewl to use for Bubble staf spinning would be this ...https://www.teknobubbles.com/Their bubbles that GLOW under a Black Light. I'm thinking of taking a clear lexan staff that I have and filling it with the stuff just to see what I can do. Might be kewl, or I might just spray everyone in a 15' circle with soap bubbles. smileAs a side note has anyone ever used lexan staff filled with glowsticks for spinning?I bought a lexan staff/tube just to try this out. Just wanted some feedback before I made an ass out of my self.------------------Blessings to all, Peter "There is a rhythm that unites us with the natural world. The more we learnto feel that rhythm and get it into the mainstream of our lives, thestronger can be our spirit."--- Robert Rodale

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I don't know what lexan is, but we used some semitransparent plastic hot water pipe (milky white) with glow sticks in it and it worked realy good.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Lexan? Sounds like something from Farscape...oh wait...he's a Luxan..... blush

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
pozee -- ahah! You are shawk!! You fishy bastawd!! Yes, it was unwise of you to expose yourself to the poi swingers of the world. Some of us are members of the SHC, and we don't tolerate slit neck chum guzzlers like you!! You have dranken your last thermos of chum you ass biter! Be prepared to be gutted out and have your carcass thrown into the bay!And for all of you non-educated/non-chum guzzlin` poi swingers out there remember this: Beware, beware... shawks are everywhere...https://www.shawks.com

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Ok, Ok I'll resurrect this post coz Flash wants someone too winkI can dislocate my elbow and then do staff moves...And that's probably it.------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
heh, you know that thing, where you can make fart noises by putting your hand under your armpit, and moving you arm up and down, yeah? i can do that with my neck with no handsits damn impressive...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Lately I have been practicing a lot of ground work moves, lunges and stuff like that.Heather Feather has nicknamed them "fire slut" moves. I do believe the term originates with Flash and the rest of the wickeffect crew.And I am pretty sure Flashy is pretty fond of these moves too. Although I have to say I think it needs a more politically correct name winkLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
damn you! I'm the fire slut! sure, you can lunge, but have you got the pout right?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
C'mon Flashy...you know no one can get the pout right quite like you. You're the Queen !!I don't have the pout. I just have the vague Kate look that I get when I twirl. Or the Woops, that almost set my hair on fire, out of control look.As for other tools I can use....I can use long staff, short staff, Poi and 1 staff, doubles (although I haven't lit up still working on that) and I can use flags. Also am quite good at one poi, but I much prefer two. Poi are my favourite toy. I can also use devil sticks a bit, and juggle a bit and contact juggle a bit too. But not much still practicing all of these.As for strange things I can do...Hmm I can make a croaking sound from the back of my throat without even thinking about it, I make many other strange noises too. I am incredibly dexterous with my toes, not that I have tried twirling with them, but I was attempting too the other day, for a joke. I can dislocate my hip. I can almost do the front and side splits. I can touch my feet to my head while laying on my belly and arching my back, although this in on a good flexible day. I can do hand-springs, and forward and backward walkovers. Numerous types of cartwheels and handstands, round-offs etc. And I can drink Whiskey straight with out pulling a face. Although that was a long time ago now.Yep that’s about all I can think of for now smileLove and Light------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~[This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 11 January 2002).]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Oh man don't get me started!pozee - funny grinWhiffleSqueek - One day I found out that I can do that noise with my hand in 11 different places on my head alone! (2x eye socket, 2x under jaw, 2x temples, 2x ears - so quiet only I could hear, 2x cheeks, forehead)I am double jointed and flexible (hence the username) and I think I have a relatively high pain threshold. This is a dangerous combination that gets me into all sorts of trouble.Oh and I can lick my elbow (the outside not the inside). Pozee with your 6" tongue I doubt even you can do that.Tell me - why does a dog lick his balls? (heh heh before you ask never tried it never will!!)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Ever wonder how people figure out they can do the freaky shit they can do? I swear there are some realllllllllly bored people in the world! tongueI can flip coins by doing a belly roll...but only if I am laying down and I can hook my foot behind my head.Oh sure...I do ground work ages ago and do I get called a fire slut? Noooooooooo! I feel so left out. *sigh* frown wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bendy only does it to impress his mum.Oh and he designs tattoos too. And some of his are pretty cool grin

Meh

Page: