Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > btl moves - can anyone help me?

Login/Join to Participate

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
ok guys im sorry if there has already been a thread on this, i did look but chances are that i read every one except for the one that answers my question...sorry in advance if this is the case, you may fell free to inflict upon me that punishment which you see suitable.
ok, on with it...
i really really really wanna get the whole 'between the legs' thing going, i didnt even know it was possible until i met some people a few weeks ago who did it...i was amazed!! so anyway, i didnt have enough time for them to teach me properly and when i got home and tried...well lets just say that my efforts didnt quite produce the desired effect i would be soooo grateful to anyone who could help me out with how to get started. thank you beautifuls
love, kisses and magikal wishes, sam

--*SaM*--

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
1)Forward spinning
2)Aim poi between legs
3)on up swing between legs turn 180
4)direct out of legs

experiment

This is for between the legs moves with both feet planted on the ground btw.

[ 27 April 2002, 18:48: Message edited by: p h u n k y ]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I assume thats with drastically shortened poi (about forearm length)?

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
thanx p h u n k y, i'll give it a go

masterna, i assumed youd have to use shortened poi too, but the people who i met were doing normal length ones and said that it doesnt make that much difference oh well, i'll try them again with normal length but i think i might end up shortening them just to learn with...i already beat my legs enough learning btb so im gonna do whateva i can to give them a bit of a break.

ok, thanx again 4 the help

love, kisses and magikal wishes, sam

--*SaM*--

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
doesn't matter how long your poi are.

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Dude welll no it doesnt matter how long yer strings are... i though the same of you but then phunky helped me... and told me the trick...
at least when you doing BTL move you gotta move like 180 degreess while you do it so they pois can go out(its just an easier way... you can do it without the 180 turn i guess..)
the idea is moving yer legs in a way the pois can get out too....

if you dont get what i mean phunky is yer guy bug him till he tell ya the tricks for it mwuahahaha ;P

hey thanks phunky for helped me in that BTL moves!

What other new moves you got for us besides btl lalalala

[ 28 April 2002, 10:41: Message edited by: NightShade1 ]

Dance like if noone were watching you

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
oh dear another thing i simply HAVE to try out..
i mean it's not as if butterfly weren't my one and only move oh no....sigh with all the cool stuff i read about in here it is getting kinda hard to decide what to learn next gah
Morgy

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey,

The easiest BTL moves are very much like doing a low turn, ie you stick the poi up between your legs as you turn (instead of up behind your back = a real low turn).

And - like a Low turn the smoothest BTL is achieved by turning right through the move, so that you reach 90 degrees body angle as the poi reach the top of their swing BTL, then you keep turning, as the poi are about to exit you reach 180 degrees body angle.

I find they are really nice in combination with high turns, ie you do a high turn and then straight into a BTL (turn) instead of the high turn --> low turn combo ppl do a lot.

There is a bunch of different ways to enter and exit BTL moves eg one in, both in, in-time, split time, etc - you should do a search on...you guessed it...BTL.

HTH (HOPE THAT HELPS - Phunky ),

Josh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
DNFA ( Damn New Fangled Acronyms - Josh)

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
wow - i think i'm gonna give some of this stuff a go. Sounds good. yay

*skips off with poi swinging happily at her sides*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank