Forums > Social Chat > My first public appearance!

Login/Join to Participate

Angelmember
10 posts

Posted:
Waaaaaaaaaay cool! Our progressive dance group was hired to dance at the very exclusive Funk e House rave. This rave is a yearly event and tickets are difficult to come by. So it was really awesome that we managed to get a gig there!The venue was stunning and done in neon and UV. I had taken my poi alone (the ones with the neon tails) and after we had warmed up and changed into our uniforms for the night, I hauled them out for a bit of fun before we started. People were arriving rapidly and I took my Poi into the middle of the UV lit dancefloor and swung until my arms were numb!! The crowd loved it and clapped and cheered and whistled! MAN! What a feeling. Granted, I did manage to whack myself in the head at least once (heheheheehe) but the crowd totally forgave that and I just carried on *grynne*Later, I got up onto one of the one storey high podiums erected for us to dance on and swung in front of the packed dance floor! It went down incredibley well! All that practice is paying off smile))YIPPPEEEE!

*HEDONISM*

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Congratulations I am happy for you. smileShine oncassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Congratulations!!!I can't wait until i get my first gig!!Party on Fire_Sistax

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Cool Beans...did you get a rush from it?? a large group of people watching and cheering you on is always a thrillSuper'------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain