Forums > Social Chat

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,484    Replies: 5
"Could have 2 yo's, throw them both out and make them sleep hard, then spin them into a standard weave, then come out and bring them back up?just wondering if anyone has tried it."S""
Last Reply by
Views: 2,867    Replies: 15
"I'm curious to know what people who use fire poi think of those who use glowsticks. Are the people who use glowsticks looked "down upon"? Are the people who use glowsticks viewed as n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,581    Replies: 2
"My friend was spinning a wick he said he got from some place or website that was not made of kevlar but was made of some type of fiber like fiberglass. It had a screw through it and wa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,015    Replies: 3
"Since last summer I've been teaching myself poi with the help of H.O.P. and am quite proud that I can do all the moves shown here. Now that I did several shows on parties and in disco's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,438    Replies: 7
"Malcolm and I were talking earlier about why people become publically presented artists.It is really easy to keep spinning for the joy in your back yard and at friends parties.Recently ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,611    Replies: 5
"Hey all,Just did a search and couldn't find this one so apologies if it's been discussed before.I just did a show for a friend's wedding and as payment had accomodation for 3 night at t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,048    Replies: 3
"I have a question, what was the COL2 video edited with? It looked great and everything sounded great, but I keep on hearing about editing time. I'm a very pro mac person and one of th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,152    Replies: 2
"What are some of the common...or not so common...injuries you suffer as a result of spinning poi, using staffs, etc?I use glowsticks. I shave my head completely bald. As a result, I h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,543    Replies: 4
"You've been contracted to perform in a variety show. Part of your contract says that you A) will be notified if another act uses fire, which is good because you can touch base, make sur..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,241    Replies: 19
"I was telling Charles the other day that one of the things I really admire about him is the fact that he is sooooo incredibly and openly in love with his soon to be wife.I spent some ti..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,966    Replies: 36
"I got my first piercing saturday night. I got my left brow done. My mom flipped out, but she can kiss off, cause i love it! hehehe."
Views: 1,105    Replies: 2
"If anyone else in hobart is looking for kevlar go to The Fibreglass shop 202 Argyle st. It is bout 6$ per meter &lbr;This message has been edited by M@T (edited 05 February 2002).&rbr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,010    Replies: 44
"I searched the forum and found a never ending story sarting in a thread by some troll...Anyway, I thought I'd just re-introduce it. Because I love them. (if you don't mind! )So let's..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,180    Replies: 18
"What would you buy in the HoP store? List your personal wishlist here.Beaming Poi (chain like thingy)1 x Pair 2.5inch (65mm) tube core chain Fire PoiPure Flame 3 piece Staff with 4inch ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,365    Replies: 62
"ooooh! I stay away for a month (been too busy working) and come back only to find the new vid's done and dusted! Obviously I ordered it straight away, then came over to the forum to hea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,830    Replies: 1
"i have been swinging poi now for just over a year and a half. through that amount of time i have used various styles of poi and twirly things. all of my own though have been home-made. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,028    Replies: 4
"If HoP had a "Wish List" facility, like Amazon and others have, would you use it?...And what would be on it?...And Malcolm, would you consider doing it? And would it be hard to do?For ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,270    Replies: 5
"Ok, I was sitting in a lecture daydreaming about whatever to avoid paying attention, when all of a sudden, it hit me. Poi On Ice. That would seriously kick booty. I mean, I thought o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,347    Replies: 6
"So I have been working on getting dilegently this gig for the past two weeks. It is a permanent performance gig with a travelling dinner theater show from a highly recognised production..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,141    Replies: 4
"Well, not much to say really heading says it all.So anyone who wants to be part of the 2000th thread...Post away.And wow that was my 250ith post. Wow an exciting day I have to say ----..."
Views: 1,851    Replies: 3
"Check this guy out:http://www.arfarfarf.com/pyroboy/I saw him on a Nova documentary the other night about fireworks and he does some pretty dazzling performances with Cirque de Flambe. ..."
Views: 2,408    Replies: 5
"I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I have to know...If I were to send in a tape for the poi competition, could I use unconventional spins, i.e. wraps and homemade moves? Nearly ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,208    Replies: 4
"anybody looking for a housemate????im looking for somewhere to stay in freo (long term sorta thing) while i go to tafe etc. hehe i know this is completely unrelated to firetwirling but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,458    Replies: 2
"I have recently joined a troupe that plans on doing shows and events. The main problem we're having is trying to figure out how much to charge for performances. Between the lot of us,..."
Views: 3,008    Replies: 16
"I have had some troubles with clubowners/partyorganizers due to safety concerns. it turns out last time(s) they had fire at their party fuel got sprayedall over the crowd or the abulan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,419    Replies: 3
"Interesting article for those that are tempted to use stuff on clothes and so on.... Also goes to show that just because something is safe today, doesn't mean it's going to be safe tomo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,585    Replies: 16
"He guys, I've been meaning to mention this for ages but keep forgetting.My mum's husband gave me this awesome little doohicky for xmas.It's a giant piece of machined flint, with a small..."
Views: 598    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,990    Replies: 12
"My son is really into reading. My mom got him a Harry Potter toothbrush and toothpaste set. He had me read the words he could not on the back of the toothpaste, including a warning that..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,243    Replies: 5
"So I was looking at my 'Far Side' calendar today and it said that today- January 26 is Australia Day. So to all the Aussies on the board, Have a safe and merry Australia Day. Maybe nex..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,364    Replies: 13
"What type of performance will you not do?Personally, I want to keep as far away from Timmy's 5th birthday party, and the like, as I can.And strip clubs, simply because I don't feel I ha..."
Views: 4,594    Replies: 3
"Okay, so it's not the Pele we know and love. But I thought it was funny to see first thing in the morning.Here's the article as it was at http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20020129/od/vi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,462    Replies: 26
"So, what's the most interesting thing you've used as a staff or as poi when you didn't have your normal toys with you (or you did, you just wanted to try something new)?Or, if you'd rat..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,617    Replies: 12
"All right so I just took a while to respond to Dicy's thread about Moderators... and it got me thinking !!!I am not a real "old timer" here, i know, but I've been here long enough to se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,843    Replies: 7
"Ok; this might sound REALLY far out to some people, but on the contrary, might be quite familiar to some..Out of the top ten wierdest experiences I've EVER had, the one I had at Headcha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,593    Replies: 5
"Hey, I'm new, to this site and twirling in general. I started only a couple weeks ago when a girl offered her glowsticks to me at a party. After the bleeding stopped I found that I ac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,624    Replies: 12
"It's a product that you put in your hair that gives it this grainy texture and it holds shapes really well. Similar to what Angelina Jolie had in her hair in "Gone in 60 Seconds". Anyon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,445    Replies: 7
"Unfortunately, more often than not lately when I come across a fabric I wish to make a costume from it is not cotton, or it is a cotton blend. I am tired of having to find the perfect c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,351    Replies: 6
"ive noticed that the mods of these boards have come under a bit of flak lately, and id just like to share my appreciation of them with everyone, the jobs the do are incredible, and the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,352    Replies: 32
"Hiya. There has been alot of talk recently about fuel. What is safe, what is good. I use parrafin (Kerosene) for poi, staff and breathing but as everyone knows it tastes terrible and is..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,102    Replies: 34
"Hello all,I am just curious to know what sort of animals you all keep at home?I ask this because pets can relate to the type of person you are and what type of life style you have, and ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,416    Replies: 23
"Does anyone know of any good creams or ointment thats heal cuts or bruises really quick. I don't mean 2 weeks quick,, i mean 1-3 days quick. Some one was telling me about some sorta t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,434    Replies: 1
"seems here in green bay wisconsin...the laws on fire usage are....very...tight...after talking to a lieutant, he was required to actually refer a report to juevenile services...he aksed..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,236    Replies: 6
"WOW! what a day today has been for animosity towards moderators, misundertsandings and a few more serious issues.I'm not here to attack defend or do anything to get me flamed anymore ..."
Views: 1,248    Replies: 0
"hey guys have a look at this site.its an outdoor party in february of each year and it is held near auckland.Could be cool if people want to taste a 3 day 2 night festival in nz.its got..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,425    Replies: 4
"how do people feel about the use of high tech materials in the production and use of comet products. the use of kevlar, i don't know how they make it but i can't imagine it the most env..."
Last Reply by
Views: 999    Replies: 2
"Just wondering:Any chance of an instructional staff video similar to art of poi?Ive been doing staff for about a year now and even got bec and elkes book, but i learn better from vids t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,167    Replies: 15
"go on, what did you wear? who did you take?did it involve big, ugly, princess Di dresses, or did you not go at all?just curious."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,807    Replies: 27
"As part of our French exam we've got to spend 15 minutes speaking french to an examiner. The idea is that we can bring in a picture of a hobby or something to talk about. Surprisingly i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,254    Replies: 2
"Well, actually a song by Natalie Merchant...but I love the words...Anyone care to offer a meaning?(Please excuse me if some of the words are wrong...)Thick as Thieves – Natalie Mercha..."

HOP kreisförmig

Melden Sie sich an, um die neuesten Informationen zu Verkäufen, Neuerscheinungen und mehr zu erhalten ...