ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
I have 2 dogs and I've observed their individual reactions when I spin fire in the back yard. (don't worry, there is a gate between them and me, I wouldn't want them to ever get hurt)

My Alsation (Buckweed) loves it to bits. He watches me and gets very excited and actually starts barking when I stop and he'll only stop barking when I light up again or explain to him that it's finished (he's a very clever dog).

The other dog (Pokkel) likes to watch, but is a bit more cautious. She'll usually poke her head out from behind the wall and stand looking entranced, but doesn't get as excited as Buckweed.

Does anybody else ever spin in front of their pets and what is your pet's reaction to it?

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I've spun fire in front of mollydog before and she's seemed curious but not too bothered!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
for some reason, when I read "pets and fire", I expected something like that flying hamster explosion story ubblol

the dogs that have walked past me when I was spinning never seemed to bothered. But then I'm not a dog person, maybe they can smell that wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

ZenoophSILVER Member
psychadelic pyro
570 posts

Posted:
I guess Buckweed is an exception then, but he's always been an exception. He's just as crazy as his dad!!!

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Stupid me left my firewater container on the ground when I did an rare and impromptu spin at my bday party. So, my dog decided to taste it. She was ~this close~ to being rushed to the vet; vomiting, drooling, listlessness, shallow breathing. Really scary. Took her 12hrs or so to get over it. My bad. Very bad.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.