Willaxnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow pyronauts!
When watching my schools fire performance group, I realized that our performances are sadly restricted by gravity. Aside from the occasional flurry of throws, all of our fire spinnings stay on ground level, which in my mind hampers our coolness. I thought that a good way to fix this problem without costly powerrisers or the like would be to put various toys and flaming objects on long poles.
Are pole poi, multi headed pole poi possible, or does it take too much stregnth to spin at the end of a stick? I was thinking to use telescoping pruning saw staves as the basis for my deviancy.

Oye. Thanks alot.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
If you can dream it, you can do it!

Don't forget, there's always staff wink

Let us know how it turns out.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: sparkey!

Don't forget, there's always staff wink

Exactly what I was going to say biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
what a cool idea cool

let us know how it goes...

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
oooh you mean like puppet poi, far above the madding crowd?

ditto wot cole sed

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Willaxnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
yeah like flaming halberds with snakes on them, or something like the windsocks on sticks you see at parades. Thats a sweet idea simian! a set of poi / flammable maniquin/ on a stick that you can manipulate with strings. hmm. that sounds almost feasible too. too bad kevlar and fuel weigh so much- fire kites might be sick too if possible.

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
I do a few throws with both staff and pois. But i gess thats not what u are looking for

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]