Kristy-Leemember
26 posts

Posted:
Hiya,
I'm fresh from Aussie land and have no-where as yet to set my fire free!!
Any groups out there, in the Kent area?? And also looking for some cheap fire equiptment...I had to leave my stick in the Melbourne airport for some reason they refused to let me travel with it, I would have held it tight!!
Anyhow let me know if you have any ideas.
(I'd love a group like the one in Sydney, down Glebe Pt road....)
Happy twirling xxoo

shadsmember
36 posts

Posted:
You couldn't take your staff on the flight for reasons that it held carbon compounds (or something like that). Even after burning all fuel off wicks they are still classified as flammable if they have been burnt even just once. So when travelling, like your trip to england, take new stuff everytime or plan on buying it where ever you go. I'm making up new toys to bring to London with me in a few weeks, means I don't have to deal with customs hassles, and I don't have to hang out to get new ones when I get there.

Felicity

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
arse. i'm off to canada tomorrow but it sounds like unless i have new wicks (which i don't) i should leave my fire poi (foi?) @ home?

thats quite annoying to say the least - fire on a snowy mountain has been a dream of mine since last year

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I wasn't even able to take my unburn't wick on the plane . Luckily they didn't see my used wick or whip or poi.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

berbmember
1 post

Posted:
erm

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Have you had a look in the meet others section yet? I'm sure there must be loads of spinners in Kent.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Kristy Lee - if you can make it up to London on Sat 15th Feb there is going to be a Poi in the Park on Clapham Common. Go to the Events section for more info. The topic says 16th Feb, but I think it's been changed to Sat instead. PM me if you want more details.

Hels
x

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Hope you are happly spinning now kristy-lee.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk