upupaxBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
i tried and tried and tried!
i don't reach to turn myself in a one hand butterfly! i don't reach to nothing else than do it in front of me! i put two poi in my right hand, the right one on the top of the fist and the left one to the bottom. i try to turn myself but when i turn 180 degree poi cross!
where is the secret?

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Practice.

Practice.

Practice.

And don't do it indoors, you'll smash lightulbs....

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
To turn one handed butterflies there are a few methods. I will describe two of them.

1. Single time butterflies transfer above your head, so as you bring the poi above your head turn and continue the butterfly on the other side.

2. Split time butterflies you turn when the poi are heading towards the side you want to turn. i.e. if they are moving to the left turn to the left.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
A tip: Learn to keep your plains straight first. Look up and see how close the poi are to each others paths (regular time) or to the side (split time). Then follow Jez's advice. You may find yourself hitting yourself. Again, look UP, and it takes away half of your blindness in this move, soyou can better track the plains and learn to not cross them.

I was just outside trying to learn this and this helped me anyway... Cheers!

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
ive seen someone do the one handed butterfly, but WITH their teeth ! and not only that but the would wrap one poi on their left arm, one poi on their right leg. then on the recoil wrap one poi on their right arm and one poi on their left leg. NEVER seen anything like it before !

Power percieved is power achieved.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Theres a video, I think Messy, that shows someone doing a butterfly with their teeth. Ive also seen someone do that at a club with glowstrings. Ive even done it myself once or twice with a practice set.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
reverse one handed butterfly is much much easier