Ianddmember
39 posts

Posted:
None of you lot ever mention split timing or direction, just do whatever you do together but split it. dif= chasing the sun and windmill, you get the idea, same move but different. Also you can windmill between the legs no problem and as you swing both down by your side tigether type thing just take them through the legs one at a time. Easy.Fountains! Opposite directions by your sides so the poi are coming up as they are in front of you and then take it up up up up up to spin behind your head then your back then again etc but doing them in split timing , looks amazing. And finally, what's all this 5 beat weave your talking about, what'sa abeat to you lot? I can probably do it but have no idea what you mean.Think about what mustard (butterfly) looks like with the Fiery Wings Of Death!I

soup!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i alternate my corkscrews and windmills between split time and same time. it does give agreat effect epsecially when done to music..
quote:
Fountains! Opposite directions by your sides so the poi are coming up as they are in front of you and then take it up up up up up to spin behind your head then your back then again etc but doing them in split timing , looks amazing.
ok try this one..do the same but reverse in split time, & while behind your head..go into a butterfly behind your head, then bring the butterfly back infront. The timming is hard toget down, but when you do...its awesome..Every swing is a beat..a 5 beat weave has the two POI combining for 5 beats on one side of your body, then to the other.You have a four beat, and the standard 3 beat which i think most every one can do..throw some more ideas..i love hearing fresh stuff!!Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown[This message has been edited by Superman (edited 05 April 2001).]

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Me To! smile Love the Idea of the fountain, but it is a given that everyone does split timming. (the old 1-2 smile) Im intrested in your under the legs windmill? Is it like a stall? or do you lift your legs some how? With chasing the sun W/ the Windmill you can open it up into a strech windmill to change it up, it also looks good if you turn 180 so instead of changing direction behind your head you change low at your waist. then try diong the windmill at your waist, (im shure it has a name) it looks like a figure 8 at your waist. I do a few split rotations like this, then go chasing the sun, up and around, back into the figure 8. People seem to like it alot! smile Try it, it's simple, and it pleases!

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!