2 posts

Posted:
Name: Laura

Hometown: Warrnambool

Birthday (sign?): August 7th, Leo, Year of the Rooster

Occupation(s): IT worker/Computer Tech

Favourite Food(s): Sushi

Favourite Colour(s): The combination of black and lime green

What is the wing speed of an unladen swallow? African or European?

Toys: Poi (Fabric, LED, and Fire) and Staff (just a practise one for now)

Hobbies other than the obvious: Linguistics. Weird hobby, but languages are kinda my thing.

Favourite Book(s): Temeraire

Favourite Movie(s): The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Star Wars, Lion King, Paulie, Wizard of Oz

Favourite TV Show(s): Stargate: SG1, Stargate: Atlantis, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Danny Phantom, YuYu Hakusho, Criminal Minds, Grimm

Godzilla vs. a Star Wars Star Destroyer. Who wins? Why? The Star Destroyer. Blow up the planet that Godzilla's standing on.

Plans for life in general: (i.e. what you want to do when you grow up) I'm an adult and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm working with a friend of mine to create video games, I'd like to publish my writings on the new form of English that's appearing, I'd like to continue my fire spinning and improve more, and I'd love for my medical issues to be resolved.

Favourite Music Artists/Composers: Wagner, Amon Amarth, Disney

Do you think these pants make my butt look too big? I'd really have to see your butt without them to make an honest comparision ;-)

Favourite ice cream flavour(s): Mango, ginger, strawberry

Pets: I have pet rats who are all trained. One is my Hearing Rat, who alerts me to the door being knocked-at, the smoke alarm, and my phone alarm (used as an oven/appointment reminder). One is trained to help with anxiety and panic attacks from PTSD. And one is used as an Ambassador Rat, to teach people that pet rats are very different from wild ones, she's trained in more traditional tricks, like standing upright, spinning in a circle, jumping, shaking hands, etc.
All of them come to their name, climb on/off my hand on command, and use a litter tray.

Marmite, Vegemite, or Nutella? Vegemite, no contest. And I will fight anyone who disagrees. (disclaimer: a nut allergy means I actually have never had Nutella and therefore cannot comment on its taste. I'm comparing the amazing Vegemite to the vastly-inferior Marmite)