PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thoughts to concider as sent to me by a friend....and I normally wouldn't post them here at all, except I think that in lew of alot of what went on here in the past two weeks, some of these hold very true.Cheers! grin WORDS OF WISDOM.19 THINGS THAT IT TOOK ME 50 YEARS TO LEARN by Dave Barry1. Never under any circumstances take a sleepingpill and a laxative on the same night.2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that wordwould be "meetings."3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.5. And when God, who created the entire universewith all its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.6. You should not confuse your career with your life.7. No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.8. When trouble arises and things look bad,there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Veryoften, that individual is crazy.9. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Justget up and dance.10. Never lick a steak knife.11. Take out the fortune before you eat the cookie.12. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.13. You will never find anybody who can give youa clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.14. You should never say anything to a womanthat even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emergingfrom her at that moment.15. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.16. The one thing that unites all Americans,regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside,we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.17. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.18. A person who is nice to you, but rude to thewaiter, is not a nice person.19. Your friends love you anyway.Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I agree with that last one. When do you think they'll do a big movie about the ark? Will Leo be Noah?...Nomad

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
hehe! wink i'm lovin' the list Pele. I especially liked 7 wink , 9, and 11. smile I always liked the one though, Man who run infront of car get tired, man that run in back of car get exhuasted! grin just wanted to share. grin peace------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!