Geoff_RoseboroughSILVER Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
Ok, so, I recently discovered the beauty of the pendulum in spinning, and overall, I absolutely LOVE the way it feels when spinning. It's kind of different than usual when I throw in pendulums.

Anyways, I was just curious what your favorite thing to do is pendulum-wise, seeing as there's loads of different ways to play around with them. smile

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I like pendulum weaves with the one doing the extension switched to the other side... I also like doing a kind of line isolation which is a horizontal stall to each side (making the top one a pendulum. grin )

Switching between different modes with stalls and whatnot is fun, too without breaking the pendulum.

hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I need to play with this more, but my control is not as good as it should be yet.

Hints for that? Just in general that is....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... try picturing the different ways in which different movements relate to one another... Pendulum + point isolation = line isolation.

2 stalls of a certain kind = pendulum.

Also try just swinging your hands back and forth with your poi to make pendulums... then with one try dropping it in a wall plane behind your head and out the other side.

If you can do the 1.5 weave try it with the other hand on top. (extension on top, pendulum on the bottom)

This is something from my early pendulum experimentation...

not too spesh, but worth a look, I guess.
EDITED_BY: Mother_Natures_Son (1227444963)

hug

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I quite like these too, but I use them more as a tool for discovering different ways of moving about with my poi than anything that would be suited to advanced poi moves.

I like pretend I'm in the military for a few seconds by marching forward for a couple of steps, throwing in a salute ( leading to a stunted pendulum ) turning 90 degrees and swinging them in wall plane. It's fun, you can work in all that ramrod posture and foot stomping stuff.

russtafaristranger
16 posts

Posted:
loads of nice stuff you can do with pendulums... i love doing them in thread the needle, where you pendulum one poi over the top and then 'thread' the other one through the pendulum.
1.5 weaves with a tangle through the middle, so you 'catch' the pendulum as its coming back down, then pop the other poi straight out into a pendulum on the other side.
or just doing 1 rep of a 1.5 in wall plane, double wrist bounce, and the same thing in reverse..

Geoff_RoseboroughSILVER Member
stranger
14 posts

Posted:
at the moment, I really enjoy the feeling of this one.
(My camera is about 300 miles away from me at the moment, so here's somebody elses video of it haha)

at 5:19

credit to Vulcan Crew

russtafaristranger
16 posts

Posted:
a video tells a thousand words... here's those 3 i mentioned smile

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
Will play after exams. smile

Like the idea of stomping around though. tongue2

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Russtafari: Sweet moves!

FYI yall, here is how you would link straight to Jordan's Pendulum thing @5:19 in Vulcan Tech Blog #1:

#t=5m19s

Here are a few of Drex's Tech blogs about pendulums and 1.5s

-Alien Jon

+Alien Jon

russtafaristranger
16 posts

Posted:
cheers alien grin been lurking on here long enough i thought it was about time to post a few moves.
now if i can just nail that hybrid from your profile pic....

astonSILVER Member
4,061 posts

Posted:
AlienJon: Not seeing any thing after "Here are a few of Drex's Tech blogs about pendulums and 1.5s"

Might be the uni firewall or something, but I have not had problems before....

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
russtafari, I posted a nice and easy way to get into that hybrid on youtube.

Its not even a real tutorial... despite the fact that I called it that. Its really just an easy way to slip into it... and a TTN isn't even required for the direction change... it just tends to make it easier.

:Offtopic: Though it is similar to the pendulum thing I did in the other video I posted in here. tongue2

hug

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonAlienJon: Not seeing any thing after "Here are a few of Drex's Tech blogs about pendulums and 1.5s"

Might be the uni firewall or something, but I have not had problems before....

Erm, I see the 2 embeded youtube vids just fine. Here are the links if you want:

+Alien Jon

kdldamnSILVER Member
stranger
23 posts

Posted:
A lot of the pendulums Felixwah demonstrates are fun to do.
It's also nice to throw in extensions, anti-spins, cateyes, and isolations into them. I haven't tried it yet, but I think a pendulum crosser might be interesting, it's definitely possible though.

So, what's up?