Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
On Saturday, my nephew lost a 5-year-long battle with drug addiction and depression and took his own life. He was 21.

The family is in shock, obviously. All deaths are sad, of course, but this death is beyond that: it's tragic. I haven't even seen my sister yet. She took to her bed yesterday and didn't want to be disturbed. Not even my me.

I've been back in Detroit since yesterday morning. I guess that as much as I try to shake this place, I keep coming back. I'm never in town for much more than 24 hours; why would I want to be? This place is like my umbilical cord. It sustained me and kept me alive for my formative years, but now it's nothing to me. Nobody important to me other than my sister lives here anymore. Michigan is the only state left in the U.S. that's still in a recession for the simple fact that nobody wants to live here anymore.

To me, it's nothing now. Except it's a place I remember well.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Condolences

hug

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh sweetheart, Im so sorry to hear of this. I cant even begin to imagine the pain that you and your family are going through.

Regardless of his form of passing, it still makes it so hard to loose someone in your family, even if you havent had the blessing of being there for all of his formative years.

know that your Dad will now be looking after his spirit and helping him to heal.

we all love you doc.
hug hug hug
May he rest in peace.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
hug

... simplify ...

Page: