Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
hey folks just wondered now that summers nearly here and the weather is getting better i started to think how does the weather affect your perfomance and when does it stop you completley?

right im off to play with my ball of pink fluff

ChorinBRONZE Member
217 posts

Posted:
if it looks even a little bit like it's gonna rain then I normally don't bother - but that's cus I is a lazy bum

Dilbert's Words of Wisdom -
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow is not looking good either!
You are slower than a herd of turtles stampedeing through peanut butter!

Oh yeah.... Don't tell the ants

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
i know exactley what you mean but do you ever stop because of the wind

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I have personally never been stopped by the wind. Now, when I do staff and it is really windy, I won't do tosses because I know they will wind up on the ground instead of my hand due to the wind blowing them one way or the other. The only thing that slows me down some is the heat. Houston gets really hot and humid during the summer. I tend to get hot rather quickly, and thus won't spin as often as when the weather is cooler.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
oh man - if it's warm rain.. I love to spin in the rain.. it's so calming and clearing for me..

At Xmas when I was out with my parents, we had lots of thunder storms - warm rain... mmmm it's like having a shower and doing your exercises all at once..

The only reason I don't spin is if it's raining droplets of ice or ones the size of small seedless grapes.. anything smaller than seedless grapes is bearable Anything larger tend to hurt.. I've got home after happy thursday's before when it's been bitterly cold.. and still carried on... my flat mate came home to find me spinning with frosty ice bits on my fingerless gloves.. couldn't actually feel my fingers anymore..(bit silly really coz of frost bite and stuff) I spin when the mood takes me - and sometimes the mood takes me at silly times..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
wind has stopped me attempting to juggle clubs a few times.
wind had also annoyed me with poi once or twice, but never really stopped me.

rain stops fire plans, whereas snow encourages them.

sun makes everything seem more worthwhile.

if its just cold, there's no excuse

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Fluffy poimember
38 posts

Posted:
thanxs for your views i really appriciate it i have always seen the weather as a barrier when it comes to tale but i guess when it comes to wind poi without tails are probably easier

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Last night, the wind and rain were so strong that it sounded like someone was spraying my window with a garden hose from a couple of meters away. The wind was so strong that at times, it was actually raining UP (i.e. the wind would blow the raindrops up away from the ground during some gusts). The house was groaning and creaking and I was really concerned that we were going to lose our roof. Amazingly, we didn't lose power.

This morning, the town is a mess. Downed trees, branches, leaves, etc. Everyone's flowers have been completely destroyed: there will be no May Flowers in Ann Arbor this year.

The good news is that the hornets nest in our neighbor's tree came down last night and there are no hornets to be seen around the wreckage of the nest. I think they came out and swarmed and were all blown off in the storm.

The amazing thing is that there was no thunder or lightning. A storm of that strength without thunder or lightning (or tornadoes) almost never happens around here.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
A few months ago we were getting gusts of wind about 60 miles an hour for 4 days, and I got tired of not being able to spin

So I made a new pair Extra heavy, and tailless.

Now rain... we don't get much of that in san diego.
Snow? What's that?