Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I followed the link that was posted under the thread "electric glowsticks" to the company that manufacters the Bladelights Pro Poi. I read that we were awaiting some modifications to be made(battery compartment that doesn't fly off, and overall more structural integrity), their website says they sell a "Pro" version that has an extra casing around it..specifically for Poi. Has anyone used this particular version of their product? I am highly interested in purchasing a set of the bladelights(as a friend of mine bought the regular glowstick ones...they are neato!!). I can't wait to swing around something blinky! =)------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
hmmm. Wow..very interesting. smile Thanks for the info Malcolm. What is the difference between Comet and Zuni?You just made my mind up BTW on the Bladespinners..I think I'll wait till they come up with the next version that doesn't break. I still knock my poi together a lot. I'd hate to see them go to waste(or break) because I suck. smile (Putting it bluntly.)I'm either going to order Zuni, or the DIY kit....or maybe both. smile We'll see in a few days when I get paid. (I also have to finish my plans for my styrofoam ball beaming poi set.) Thanks for the info though..very interesting to know..I thought fire poi were significantly heavier than regular poi. Mine weigh in about 1oz so I know that I'm at least in the ballpark. smile------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Malcom, are the weights for those fire poi before or after they're soaked in fuel?

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
So Comet Poi = Ultimate Poi ???I didn't see it specifically stated anywhere..maybe I missed it..?------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
"Comet Poi" is their term to describe the type of poi. Locally, we use the term "streamer poi" to refer to anything with a tail.The only *real* difference between the "Standard Comet Poi" and the "Ultimate Comet Poi" is the type of nylon the streamers are made from. The Standard versions use a vairly silky materal, much like a lightweight nylon jacket. The Ultimate versions use a very stiff and crinkley material that makes a *great* sound when spinning them.The Zuni poi use a material that is somewhere inbetween the Standard and Ultimate Comet poi. The problem with the Zuni's is that the loop on the poi head tears out quite quickly.You will need to re-stitch them on a regular basis. Next time mine need repair, I'm going to sew in a piece of leather instead and tack a grommet through it.It is also important to note that the Zuni's are *much* heavier than the Comets. I can spin the Comets all afternoon w/o getting tired. I'll be ripped if I do the same with Zuni's. If you are getting ready to move from streamers to fire, be sure to practice with your fire wicks before setting them on fire!Also note that there are some *major* differences in the weight of fire poi. Accordian poi with cable are about the same weight as Zuni's. Tube-core poi with a chain weight about three times as much! Heavy poi are a *great* workout, but you don't want to discover this the first time you set them on fire!-p.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the clarifcations. That was EXACTLY what I wanted to know. =)------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-