Forums > Social Chat > Heroes -- the new show about superpowers *possible SPOILERS*

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I've completely gotten obsessed with the new show Heroes, about ordinary people (like junkies and webcam strippers ubblol) who develop superpowers. It's kind of a cross between X-Men and Lost. There've only been three episodes but I'm hooked, hooked, hooked. Anyone else seen it and want to geek out? Has it even aired outside the States yet?
EDITED_BY: _khan_ (1162506395)

taken out of context i must seem so strange
~ ani di franco

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

"You flying man.... WHOOSH!"

"Will you keep it down!"

"Oh..whoosh."

ubblol

I loved that moment too Pele! I really like the dynamic between Nathan & Hiro. It softens Nathan up a bit, and he seems open to talking about "hero stuff" with Hiro in a way that he isn't with his brother.

Overall I really appreciated the developments in this one...but Niki's storyline is getting pretty bleak isn't it? (I have to say I really thought Ali Larter did a great acting job in that scene with the lawyer in the interrogation room.) And what do she and her family have to do with all the rest of it!!!? I really hope they tie it it in at some point.

~ ani di franco

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
Who will Claire's father turn out to be? From the clip in the promo I thought it looked like it could be Nathan (although we never saw the guy's face). I'm just going by the clothes and the watch.

I'm psyched that she has managed to rekindle the friendship with Zach.

Also I'm glad that Micah found a...productive use for his talents. ubblol

And I don't trust Claude one bit.

~ ani di franco

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
so now we have Sulu and the former incarnation of the Doctor...interesting choices. my prediction... Shatner is Lindermann ubblol

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
How about Linderman as Claire's father?

Far fetched but meh....Claire seems to be the only one so far with no connection to Linderman (or maybe I forgot something!)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
My first thought was Nathan as the dad too!

I liked how Micah used his powers. The only thing that really irked me in the last one was how DL was able to phase into Nicki/Jessi's room. There are cameras in those cells, and the solitairy patients are watched. There is no way in hell he would've gotten away with it.

I loved getting a bit more info on the haitian.

We were discussing here how some of the storylines are already a bore. The Nicki/Jessie-DL-Micah line is less than intriguing. The cop storyline really is dieing a slow, painful death. However, it is nice to see other ones pick up and become even more intense.
And I agree with the Claire-Zach thing. Now I wonder what else will go wrong with them.

Let me also say I LOVE Claude, the invisible guy (not to mention that actor, Christopher Eckleston, freakin' rocks!)

I saw George Takai in the credits for the last one and was very excited about it, even before I saw him. lol

Gonna be interested to see what happens tonight!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
I think that it will turn out that Hiro will turn out to be the samurai in ancient times.

And maybe claire's father too? *suspicious*

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
First: Happy Birthday Mand! (don't know if you will see this while it's still your day).

They really kicked up Nicki/Jessica's story a notch, eh? I liked Sulu (excuse me, George Takei) as Hiro's Dad, but that whole series of scenes seemed a bit anticlimactic to me.

As far as the other developments...I am repressing my super-spoiler-power until others have chimed in. ubbangel

Oh and Pele, I'm with you on Christopher Eccleston! I didn't like the character at first, but I quite enjoy him now. And the roof scene with Peter! That was rather exciting. As was what happened when they were back on the ground.

~ ani di franco

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
so....that revelation really makes you think don't it... wink

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Thanks Khan hug

I don't know why, but Nathan being Clares dad completely threw me for six. I really wasn't expecting it... but at the same time I knew there was a twist to things somewhere that would have him involved.

I agree that some of the storylines are starting to get a bit monotonous, but I'm hoping that Nicki/ Jessica line might pick up now that Jessica seems to have taken over. Fingers crossed, because it does have the potential to be good if they play it right.

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
This one is for the ubergeeks:

The license plate on Hiro's father's car is: NCC-1701. Which is the serial number of the starship Enterprise.

~ ani di franco

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
oh jeez...

the sad thing is i know the number but it didn't occur to me redface

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
don't feel bad fNi, some would say the sad thing is I *did* notice.

~ ani di franco

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
lol - I looked at the plate and thought "Bugger me if I don't know that from somewhere...."

This show is still awesome. Nikki/Jessica and Telepathy cop's story lines don't bother me so much. Sure they seem COMPLETELY unrelated at this point but hey, the job of the producers is to get 20+ episodes out so I don't mind some side tracking.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I love what they did with Peter!!!!! YAY for progress. Yay for Claude! His approach is so awesome, so very sink or swim. I really dig that they have to have him recall it and that he is not just a mimic. He is kind of like Sylar, only "good".

We noticed that about the car too Khan, so don't feel bad. PWB said "Oh, the guy who put that car together was a Star Trek fan." and I said "Duh, Sulu is in it."
I'm such a fem-geek! lol

Ooooohhhhh...fNi, that would be awesome if Hiro is the samurai. I also love the way he manipulated his father to stay, and the way Ando hit on Hiro's sister. lol

Problem is, there is only a touch of mystery. It's starting to get predictable. We knew Jessie was going to take over. A bunch of us figured Nathan as the daddy, etc...
I need a good jolt or I'll lose interest. Though, Peters line still has me stuck, and Hiro is *very* endearing so that's good.

May I also say that I think Sylar is wonderfully horrible. I love the fact that he is the one I can't figure what he'll do next. I'm anxiously awaiting when he and Peter meet again.

So, is Jessie the 2nd anti-hero now? She had purpose before (protecting Micah and Nicki) and that is shot, so it'll be interesting to see her motivations... I hope.

Pele

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
peter needs to stop taking his family's powers

DravenGOLD Member
4 posts

Posted:
i love where the story is going... especially with peter... i love hiro though... he is so cute, especilly the way he talks about his mission!!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright, speculations on tonite?

Does Jessie kill the cop? What does he hear in her head?
And what will Peter figure out he can do next?

Pele

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
Or will the cop be able to Nicki back out?
Will Nathan fly over to Texas?

Or will Mohinder and Claire's father look at the list together and see that Nathan's her father?

Maybe its just my recall but last episode was particularly Mohinder-light.

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
I'm happy to see more of the characters intersecting now e.g., Mohinder/Sylar, Jessica/Matt, Claire's connection to Nathan. It was cool how Matt could hear Niki...but I hope the choice he made re: the diamonds doesn't come back to haunt him. I understand why he did it, but still. Poor guy...nobody believes in him!

It did seem clear that Jessica was going to take over, but I wonder if Niki at some point will be able to regain control and access the powers. It seems like they really need to resolve that conflict somehow.

But can I say I was sooooo annoyed when Ando saw the crying showgirl and asked what was wrong, can they help, etc., etc. That was a suspension of disbelief I just couldn't make. That whole tangent seems like such a distraction right now...I hope there's a payoff of some kind but right now I don't see it.

And did anybody else notice the episode was directed by Roxann Dawson, the actress who played Be'lana Torres on Star Trek Voyager?
EDITED_BY: _khan_ (1171399674)

~ ani di franco

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _khan_

And did anybody else notice the episode was directed by Roxann Dawson, the actress who played Be'lana Torres on Star Trek Voyager?

Yup, which was funny because before it came on I was arguing with someone about the fact that she *has* done stuff other than Voyager. Dieing a squishy death in 13 Ghosts, for example. LeVar Burton was supposed to direct some episodes as well, I read somewhere, but has been busy directing Gilmore Girls.

I had *alot* of suspension of belief issue with this one. So many of the characters acted against their established characters.

The Ando line. I can kind of understand it, him wanting to be a hero, but it went too far.

The Claire bit. She's balsy. She would've walked up to Nathan, not thrown a rock and run away.

The Matt thing. I love how he heard Nicki, yup..but I don't believe for one instant he would have kept the diamonds. Nope.

The Mohinder line. When you know there are ones out there trying to cause harm, literally hunting others, you would not agree to a random, complete stranger helping out. There is no way he is that stupid.

Even comics have a bit more sense than that.

Pele

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
man, i wish i wasn't working and my friends or family had a way to record it or i had computer access...stupid life
really levar burton is doing gilmore girls?
missing that and house tonight...my tv life sucks

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
still entertaining. But then again, I always favored BSG to heroes tongue

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Is there not enough room in your life for both? tongue

I was actually hoping that Claude (so hope that's not his real name) would be Clare's father...

Is it just me who finds Sylar strangely attractive? ubblove

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Is it just me who finds Sylar strangely attractive? ubblove

No, I think he's kind of hot too. I so love brainsuckers. ubblol

~ ani di franco

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yeah, he has the same creepy appeal as Eugene Tooms from 'The X-Files' ubblove

(Imagine him when he was naked and covered in yellow goo...) ubblove

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

psycotic_furbyBRONZE Member
Hehe, you said 'Member'
105 posts

Posted:
No! Bad Dave! Sylar has a monobrow, and therefore is NOT at all attractive in an odd, odd way...

Not at all.

Eww, Liza Minelli...

The communists gave my mother a job, teaching sculpture to limbless children.

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
any predictions for tonight?

pythonjoshmember
34 posts

Posted:
I can't wait to download it when I get home in the mornin. Then transfer it to my PS2 so I can watch it on the tv with surround smile

_khan_SILVER Member
old hand
768 posts

Posted:
okay last night's episode totally erased my disappointment with the previous week's. I still feel like Hiro's story was needlessly sidetracked as they could have accomplished Hiro's realization another way, but that's a minor quibble at this point.

Peter's story...powers, Isaac, Simone... eek. His & Claude's escape off the roof was awesome.

Claire standing up to Mr. Bennett was quite satisfying also.

I like the way the online comics tie-in to the story, but you really need to have been keeping up with them to understand Hannah and what she has to do with anything.

Looks like some revelations are in store during next week's showdown with Matt & Ted and the Bennett family. Can't wait!!

~ ani di franco

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
I agree, great episode, but I'm annoyed at Mohinder's lack of intelligence

Page: ...