Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
https://www.streetwars.net/index.php
eek

Now, Im a little confused. At first I thought that this was a great idea.
What fun you could have pretending to be an assasin and 'killing' your target by shooting them with a water pistol! You could be James Bond.
Your attack could happen at any time, and at any place..

The site gives out your phone number, email address, home address and even your work address, so that your assasin-to-be can find you wherever you are! eek

Which then made me wonder what would happen if a neightbour spotted a man holding what appeared to be a weapon, lurking in the shadows of a garden?
The police would get called, believing incorrectly that the man is armed, not only wasting police time, but also running the risk of shooting the man.

By there way, theres one in London between 4/7 and 25/7 ubbrollsmile

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Certainly a very funny idea, and in all honesty i would probably take part if they did it down here-just for comedy value!

But i do see your point on the police being called thing. Also if it was down here they'd probably get shot for real by some sketchy farmer or something.

I still wanna do it though........ biggrin

icklepurklegirlmember
116 posts

Posted:
that looks like fun! i wanna start a manchester version!

-spinnin' to the rhythm of the new world order-

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
I've heard about these before, pretty dodgy to give out all your info.

My mate in brighton was in a limo for his birthday and had a toy gun and was mucking about with it. The armed police then pinned him down and he got it crazy ammounts of trouble.

But i'd be up for it, sounds fun,

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
was chatting about this at the weekend smile

this does sound very cool but i'm not taking part cos i don't qualify frown going to the ejc ya see...

i don't think there's much risk of armed police problems unless you're silly enough to use a waterpistol that looks like this:

Non-Https Image Link

i reckon using a mortar looks much more fun anyway:

Non-Https Image Link

ubblol

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
i want to do this frown

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Durham has an assassins society.

They used to use toys guns too.

Then somebody got shot by the police when he was pulling his toy gun out to show them it was a fake. True story.

Now they paint all their toys guns VERY bright primary colours.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
the best way to play that would be;

1. unemployed (no work place to attend)
2. get a new sim for your phone, tell your family that you're going on holiday for a few weeks or something
3. live in your car for three weeks (never at home)

damn, i'd so love that game.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i hate to sound zenophobic.............but this seems like a NANG idea cultivated in the US...................try it in england and get shot ubblol

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
not sure about the ethics of this bet but still:

a tenner says no-one actually gets shot ubblol

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
well, not fatally anyway wink

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

Now they paint all their toys guns VERY bright primary colours.

So do criminals for similar reasons. I looked into a few assassin games and almost all them start with "NO GUNS, Not even ones that look like toys"

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

Patriarch917SILVER Member
I make my own people.
607 posts

Posted:
We did something like this at college. We used nerf guns (shooting foam darts).

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
nerf guns would be better, harder to conceal, oviously not real guns, need to aim decently cause you have to reload. and you dont get wet. but then people could claim they didnt get hit....so water is the most acurate way to know.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
confused
Surely it would be paint?
Or simply coloured water dye? umm

But im come on, some of what these "assasins" are doing is totally illegal; breaking and entering, trespassing, assult?, harassment.
shrug

Im quite suprised that the police havent been involved more yet.

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
My gosh that looks tremendously fun. Moreso that paintball and airsoft, because you litterally get to stalk your target. Sounds incredible, although i'd feel a little dodgy about giving all that info out to strangers.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
york has an assasians game (possibly several) but no weapons is a big part of it, and also they set some groundrules for sanity (no causing a ruckus where bystanders could get hurt, no camping inside the shower stall of the bathroom on their floor...)

I think its way more likely someone would get shot doing that in the US than the UK ravehead, but in either case its a bit much imo!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i wouldn't be so sure about that kyrian, the armed responce units in the UK don't have a very good reputation of late ubblol

they shot dead an innocent man after the london tube bombings, and most recently...................250 police, all in chemical/biological protection suits, stormed a house in london, shot the first bloke they came across then dragged the entire family out of the house and arrested the lot of them, sealing off the entire street and i believe the streets either side.

then set them free 4 days later with no charges ubblol

BABYLON!!!!!!!!!

what a joke

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
They had guns when I was there.. bloody terrorists, ruining a good game of killing people...

I got killed by a finger knife... that is to say: A finger with the word 'knife' written on it... rolleyes

But my favourate was the story of the guy that walked up to his target, gave him a story about how his mobile was on th eblink and could he borrow the guys battery for a short call? Target says yes.... Guy borrows phone gives it back, thanks him and walks off. Ten minutes later target gets a call saying 'your dead, look under your battery'. Where there is a small slip of paper saying: "I am a bomb". classic.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I played the assassins at York, and got killed by a letter-bomb the term after the game finished, I hadn't checked my post in that long! ubblol

It is a hell of a lot of fun though, provided you're sensible about it.

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
can somone get me a link to the York Assassins page, or something thats cooler than just using waterguns?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
They're a bit screwed if we have torrential rain for 3 weeks- would that be classed as an airstrike wink ubblol

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

They had guns when I was there.. bloody terrorists, ruining a good game of killing people...

I got killed by a finger knife... that is to say: A finger with the word 'knife' written on it... rolleyes

But my favourate was the story of the guy that walked up to his target, gave him a story about how his mobile was on th eblink and could he borrow the guys battery for a short call? Target says yes.... Guy borrows phone gives it back, thanks him and walks off. Ten minutes later target gets a call saying 'your dead, look under your battery'. Where there is a small slip of paper saying: "I am a bomb". classic.

awesome...i want to play

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
We used to play this at my uni as well. Gets a bit odd when a complete stranger comes up to you in the street and stabs you to death but it did break up the day somewhat!

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
It's the having a weapon tucked into your belt every time you walk out the door that's the interesting part, as well as watching everyone in crowds... avoiding busy areas... the guy I was assigned stopped going to lectures because it was "too predictable".

Majestik: It was run by the University Science Fiction and Fantasy society, it's not a dedicated society.

I managed to set up a very sweet counter-ambush on someone who tried to kill me when I was going to the toilet ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sethis

I managed to set up a very sweet counter-ambush on someone who tried to kill me when I was going to the toilet ubblol

ubblol

oh, i SO want to set up a society to play next year. biggrin

solar_bearSILVER Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

...The site gives out your phone number, email address, home address and even your work address, so that your assasin-to-be can find you wherever you are!

Sounds like Heaven for ID thieves and burglars looking for unoccupied houses to do over during office hours frown

And suppose there was someone out there who (unknown to you) held a grudge against or was stalking you; what then?

It sounds like a great game in principal and I'm probably sounding like an awful killjoy, but the personal security implications of signing up to something like this are just to scary, at least for me to ever consider getting involved.

It may stop, but it never ends.

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Bath Uni had one but it was stopped because people started skipping lectures.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

pitmanSILVER Member
addict
544 posts

Posted:
does any one knoe of something similer in cardiff please please please please let me know i would [censored] love to join in something like this and all my mates would. that my friends is the greatest idea of a game ever

DONT DO DRUGS THERE BAD FOR YOU.
SO GIVE THEM ALL TO ME AND I WILL GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Solar Bear

Sounds like Heaven for ID thieves and burglars looking for unoccupied houses to do over during office hours

Except the organisers have everyones names and address, coupled with who has been assigned to who.
So if anyone did try anything, their victim reports it to the site, the site give the police the name and address of the person who was assigned to the victim, and then the police go round and pick them up.

What I was thining, is that, after watching the videos on the main site, people are already doing illegal things to get access to their targets (breaking in to someones house and waiting 4 hours for them to return is just plain wrong!)
Then againm, I suppose if you sign up to this game, you know what you are letting yourself in for, so wont press charges against your "assassin" anyways.
Whether the police take up civil action is another thing though, and I dont think the defence of "Its a game" is going to stand up very well in court shrug

Page: