PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
1. 2nd degree Sunburns and hot water don't mix...at all.2. You know that old wives tale about tea taking the sting out of burns? It's a myth. (hey I am desperate here smile)3. Practicing fire, with that wonderful radiating heat, is NOT a good idea when sporting said sunburns.4. Metal chains, when spinning them about said burnt body, are better off dropped than careening into delicate flesh.Damn my addiction to the great outdoors and poi! grin ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i can see Pele on one of those Gatorade commercials, where they shows all the atheletes and their various sport related injusries...right after the guy with the skinned up knee...You see Pele standing there with his just put out smoking po at his sides, with half of his hair cinged off, and 1st degree burns on his chest and face..shirt still smoldering at the tips around the burnholes.....sweating green sweat or something..but with a sloppy little grin of satisfaction on his face.we all aspire to be..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
I think Pele's gonna get pissed if she continues to reffered to in the masculine nomenclature.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I see it more like this:pele stands there with HER smoking poi, each gently swinging back and forth, steadying to a stop. SHE bends down, placing poi on ground. We see HER shoulders, bright red from sunburn and with a few nice wealts with imprint of chain across HER shoulders and upper arms. SHE is sweating the blue drink (gatorade, powerade whatever) and droplets of such line HER forehead and exposed, steaming flesh. Pele stands, Xena style (camera kinda angled upward at HER), and takes a large gulp of more blue liquid. The steaming flesh stops steaming and the wealts disappear. <> Pele picks up HER poi, wipes HER forehead with a too-white towel, chucks the towel to the side, raises the poi to infront of HER face and blows fire, igniting the poi. SHE then starts fire dancing routine.Oh yeah, for all those that don't know: Pele do be woman!! wink------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
um superman,Almost all of the best poi twirlers I know of are female. You'd better get used to it dude!Josh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I love you guys/gals. You make me laugh, which then hurts my face...ahh the vicious cirlce!! grin *LMAO*Which one of you is ganna be my agent? I think that'd be an awesome commercial!!!! smileI am beginning to think that Super has some kind of complex when it comes to women! winkI am woman...hear my fire roar!!
Non-Https Image Link
Thanks for the cheer ya'all!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
heeeeeeeheeeeelol!so have the mental imagE!but instead of tossing the towel aside she has to do the 'ripping the towel to shreds to be made into wicks' hargh! thing smilePere[This message has been edited by Peregrine (edited 01 May 2001).]

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
use a tub full of baking soda for burnsit sooths it. And i know first hand, it worked for me when i got burnt last summer.

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Lynnie,The first time I saw your handle I thought you were a guy too, mostly because of the fu'tball player Pele. Had I thought of the volcano godess that would things would have been different. But I bet most guys think that you're a guy. Its like in the movie HACKERS when Lord Nikion says to dade, "you're ZERO COOL, dude I thought you were black?!"Anyway, hope you heal fast. As for the burns, my mother is an herbalist- ALOE lots of aloe.N8 ------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
LOL, so I just re- read my post and realized my grammar was a little, humm, what's the right word... Horrible grin yeah that's better.What I meant to say was had I thought of the Volcano Godess rather that the fu'tball player I would have definately thought you were a woman, thankfully the question of gender was cleared up in our emails to eachother so i didn't make the same mistake as super, Sorry big guy... you are a guy right??(Heeheehee) grin------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...