Forums > Other Toys > balancing a devil stick on end

Login/Join to Participate

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
I did it... I learned how to catch the devil stick and balance it on end on one of the hand sticks. it's crazy, you should try it. I'm right handed, so I do it with the right stick. toss it up off the center of the devil stick so the rotaion will be slow. you do this with the right stick so that if you didnt throw it into the air, it would fall to the outside of your sticks. and well... you catch it softly. if only I could do this with my fire sticks without melting them...

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

tonguedancenewbie
7 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to do that for like year! I get so frustrated that I have to stop for a few weeks before I try again! AHH.... mad But that's cool that you can do it. My friend and I have been trying to learn how to do the waiter serve with the devilsticks. Something our boyfriends can do but we can't.

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Whats the waiter serve? I hate balance moves, i get bored too easily. I've been learning fishtails, Hand stickflips, and stupid 3Club wristraps for the last couple of years so my balances are really crappy. I'm ok at the cigar box tricks tho, i find they work really well as a contrast to a propellor routine or wristrap routine because of the contrast in speed and controll. Woops yeah whats the waiter serve?

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jaero

if only I could do this with my fire sticks without melting them...

Have you ever tried? You'd be amazed at how heat resistant silicone is.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
yet and how hard it is to clean all the filthy soot off!

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?