Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
If It wasnt for hop I wouldnt have met my husband.

If it wasnt for hop I wouldnt have my angel of a son.

If it wasnt for hop Flynty wouldnt be napping on my couch right now.

If it wasnt for hop I would have no idea what a wibble is.

If it wasnt for hop I wouldnt have so many friends in all courners of the world.

If it wasnt for hop I wouldnt have amazing plans for our family to visit the Yookay.

If it wasnt for hop I wouldnt have such a skewed view of icecream.

Im so thankful for hop....
There seems to be so much discord about Hop at the moment, and a little bit of Old skool vs New skool... but when its stripped right down and the politics are removed from it, Hop has changed my life in so many positive ways, and Im damn appreciative of it...

This is a thread so that people can tell us about their "if it wasnt for hop" stuff. Please dont bring any politics or rants in here, lets just appreciate the fact that we are lucky to have hop and all the selfless beautiful people who give it to us and work on it on a daily basis.

ubblove

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I would've been very bored for the last 4 or so yearsI wouldn't've met so many beautiful and varied people in and from so many random placesI wouldn't have entries in my phonebook such as Chicken, Troy or Mags (T Jedi)I'd have been home a lot moreI'd never have found out where Taunton isI wouldn't be in a kitchen making tea for a Star biggrin ubblove

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't have been able to get drunk with Cantus.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
IF it wasn't for hop, i wouldn't be using no double negatives

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
if it wasn't for HoP my daughter would not have had such a mad time in UK last year and I wouldn't be leaping off for a trip myself this year!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
If it wasn't for HoP, I would have given up poi a lot sooner.
If it wasn't for HoP, I wouldn't have a huge amount of amazing friends all over the world.
If it wasn't for HoP, Cantus would still hate fireworks wink
If it wasn't for HoP, my phone book would look like normal people's and not have names like "Fire Bunny, Roarfire and Cantus"
If it wasn't for HoP, I'd have done more homework in high school

I know I have more of these, I just can't think of them right now!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmm Cinnamon goodness!!!!

If it wasn't for HoP I'd be even more bored than I am.

If it wasn't for HoP I would be in bed right now.

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't have this freaking ace staff I have right now... and the invoice (4 months later!!!) telling me I owe £12.44 in Import Duty to a company I've never heard of!

I want HoP to be my valentine biggrin ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Wow...

I wouldn't be as passionately in love with Ice Cream as I am.

I wouldn't know and be enarmored of some of the people that I am (so many I can't list but I am sure you know who you are).

I wouldn't know one of my best friends (Malcolm) and some of the people I hold most dear in the world, the mods and Kombi Guy.

My inspiration would have gone in different directions, and I like the direction I am in so it is good.

I honestly don't think I would have recovered mentally or emotionally the way I did from my accident. HoP was pivotal in so many ways to my recovery that I have no words to express it.

I probably have lost days of sleep and years off my life from working here...and I wouldn't change a moment of it for anything! smile

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Written by: Rouge Dragon

If it wasn't for HoP, I would have given up poi a lot sooner.
If it wasn't for HoP, I wouldn't have a huge amount of amazing friends all over the world.
If it wasn't for HoP, Cantus would still hate fireworks wink
If it wasn't for HoP, my phone book would look like normal people's and not have names like "Fire Bunny, Roarfire and Cantus"
If it wasn't for HoP, I'd have done more homework in high school

I know I have more of these, I just can't think of them right now!

Penny - you wouldn't have lesbian lover either wink ubblol
Or a French lunch in the middle of Sheffield city centre.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
i wouldnt know a thing about staff........

i wouldnt have increased the friends i have by over 500% ubblol

i wouldnt have met and been inspired by all you lot, who i find some of the most genuine "strangers" you can meet smile

As for the festival names finding thats the best bit - you spot a poi or a stick and wonder over........

I still remembr the time me and fluff met DJ salinger at glasto..... walking by with a stick singing kum bye ah - quality memories.......and thats another thing i have to thanks HOP for biggrin

Lots more good memories to come i reckon biggrin

ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
If i wasn't for HoP 1 legged men wouldn't be able to move.

if it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't be able to influence the young so badly

And I wouldn't have so many great friends.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
If it wasn't for HoP:

I wouldn't have found the juggling club and would have continued to hardley know anyone in Glasgow, it really did change my life biggrin

I wouldn't be able to juggle, diabolo, be about to learn hat manipulation, and got back in touch with the performer inside me, someone I thought I'd lost as a teen.

I wouldn't have met all the lovely people I met at festivals, conventions and uberpoi, because I wouldn't have known about them in the first place.

Ditto zabaurdachs about people going straight from stranger to someone you already kind of know.

I would have as much confidence approaching people as when I do asking them if they are a hopper.

I wouldn't have given my first paid performance the other week.

I wouldn't be giving poi lessons.

I wouldn't have this smile on my face as I wouldn't have just been reminded of how great people can be and how much I love this place ubblove

biggrin

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Good thing I'm female Doc wink

If it wasn't for HoP, I wouldn't be going to uni in York this fall (This is a twisted and convoluted path, but I promise its true)

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't have Sethis around to help me do that, either

If it wasn't for HoP I would never have gone to london (on the day of the bombings??!)

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't have gone to San Diego years ago either.

And I wouldn't have met (Kinudin).

If it wasn't for HoP I would have less friends in New York. In fact, I'd have one. (From uni).

If it wasn't for HoP maybe I wouldn't be in New York.

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't have Doc Lightning to amuse me. And wouldn't have had him to say random remarks which became/come important years later.

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't realize how scary large groups can be in weird circumstances

If it wasn't for HoP I would not know loads of cool people in the UK whom i intend on hugging next year.

Like linden rathen. Whom I most probably owe a drink to, and such like. Or Mynci. Or Dom, who I owe more like an entire bottle of vodka too. Hmm, that sounds a lot more interesting than it is!

If it wasn't for HoP I would not have discovered a lot of really cool things (like bitters and british pubs, and how much fun it is to relax, and even playing football socially.)

If it wasn't for HoP I would be eating dinner right now!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

JayKittyGOLD Member
Mission: Ignition
534 posts

Posted:
If it wasn't for HoP I'd being doing my English paper

nothing special, but true all the same.

Don't mind me, just passing through.

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
If it wasnt for HoP, I would still be looking at people weirdly when they ask me what my first time was like

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
If it wasn't for HoP, I wouldn't have ever met anyone more random then myself...

bless him, he's also a great philosopher.

yes, one person.

Also a great inspiration, superseded only by a teacher I had at the begining of my uni career. bless his heart, i'm rereading the most recent email he sent he almost every day. (The lecturer-> He also helped me get into york....)

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Tell us who it is damn you! ubblol ubbangel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
if it wasn't for HoP i would never of converced wtih all you wonderfull people.
if it wasn't for HoP i'd be depressed and stressed out
if it wasn't for HoP i would be cryin right now cuz this post is amazingly beutifull i <3 you all redface ubblove hug

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Its simple Sethis.

Who is the most random person on HoP?

If you need help, the good doctor offered some earlier....

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kyrian

Who is the most random person on HoP?

ubblol But there are so many contenders! ubblol

I get your point though wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
if it wasn't for hop, i would have killed my boyfriend
if it wasn't for hop, i would still be on medications for my depression
if it wasn't fror hop, i would never have kept spinning
if it wasn't for hop, i would have continued to think i'm strange. now i know better

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Sethis

If it wasn't for HoP I wouldn't know what "Goldschlager" was biggrin

ubblol and what shall the poisen be this year guys?

i can only really repeat whats been said above, but also i feel thanx to hop i feel i can be more myself without worrying, and that ive learnt so much about life, being happy, karma and accepting others in a unconditional way no matter who they are and that it can be returned.

oh and being able to hug for more than 2seconds without feeling uncomfortable biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Written by: faithinfire

if it wasn't for hop, i would have continued to think i'm strange. now i know better

You probably are strange hun, we all are, spinners and non spinners alike. Everyone on this planet has something strange/different about them. HoPs probably just taught you to know it's alright to be different.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I'm strange, HoP just proved it! wink

ubbloco

bounce

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

Written by: faithinfire

You probably are strange hun, we all are, spinners and non spinners alike. Everyone on this planet has something strange/different about them. HoPs probably just taught you to know it's alright to be different.

in comparison, just a snore and a half biggrin

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
if it wasn't for HoP I would still think an [Old link] was a good thing

I would have met my editing deadline 2 weeks ago and actually earned some money redface

I would have a quiet and orderly homelife wink

I wouldn't have the most amazing network around the world who are awake at my insomniac hours! ubbloco

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: Bubbles

what shall the poisen be this year guys?

Why should it be any different? I love the cinammon goodness! You can't take that away from me! ubblol Except this time I'll buy even MORE of it, cos I know it's gorgeous! rolleyes

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
If it wasnt for HoP, I wouldn't have been able to conduct the philosophical experiment of how long it will take for Flynt to notice that I hid a tin of spaghetti under her pillow ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1140497443)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
If it wasnt for HoP, Dentrassi wouldnt be trying to run weird psychological experiments on me....

gah!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have conversations about people i've never met.

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have believed a world wide bunch of strangers could share so much love, kindness, and compassion.

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't be annoyed with people who have parties on friday nights.

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have anything to do on friday nights when noones having a party.

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have considered being under a bridge in the adelaide parklands with a bunch of hippies late on a friday night was a particularly safe idea. (I now consider it the safest place i could be on a friday night. Even with all the fire.)

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have met my wonderful Rhys (MiG to you guys).

(and for that matter) If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't ever have considered moving back to Whyalla.

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't have ever thought it might be cool to travel the world and crash on strangers spare beds/couches/floors.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

BaccoryBRONZE Member
126 posts

Posted:
I'm a fairly new so i don't have much to say but...

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't of just lost the Game

If it wasn't for HoP i wouldn't waste so much time reading very interesting random stuff

If it wasn't for HoP i'd lose contact with alot of very awesome ppl that i met at uberoz

And while this isn't HoP related if it werent for twirling/spinning i wouldn't of met my wonderfully lovely g/f

Page: