MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, I know it's obvious, but I just wanted to say it. This place rocks my world. I mean, really. I can't wait until New Year's this year. Why? Because I am going to be partying in SoCal with the SoCal crew! Would this have happened without HOP? No way!

See, one of the great things about the Web in general is that no matter what your random, freaky hobby or interest may be, just start a website and like-minded people will fly out of the woodwork and it will be the most fun you've ever had! Don't believe me? www.airliners.net

There's a crazy hobby, and thousands of people who love it, anyways.

And here we are! Some of the people on this site are truely good friends of mine, and that's not something I say lightly about people. I've got lots of friends, but very few good ones and the fact that some of them are on this site is really amazing!

So, to Malcolm, thank you for making HOP, and to the mods for helping to keep it running. Just think of a world without HOP...I sure am glad that world no longer exists.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hmmmmm this sounds vaguely familiar.
Thanks Mike, and I couldn't agree more! I find more magic in my world comes from HoP day by day, and I am sooooo thankful for it!
Here's a round on me!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I agree!
I Love this place, No where elts can you talk to fire spinners from all over the world so easily!

Thank you so much!!

~fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I really dig this board because, for the most part, the people here are not stuck up. I occasionally post on other boards and with out fail within four or five posts I am confronted with some dickhead's ego or pretention. Some asshole who thinks he knows everything about anything giving an unsolicited $1.50 (as opposed to two cents) and then going on some sort of personal attack against my charactor.

In the case of HOP, I can only think of one case off hand of any one pissing me off since I have been a member of this board. It is comforting to me to know that there is at least one place that I can post about things like spirituality, religion, random thoughts, and simple questions where people will actually try to be helpfull rather than search for a sign of weakness to exploit to make themselves feel supirior.

In fairness I am a little drunk at this point, so I may be getting a bit mushier than I normally would, but I feel much more comfortable posting here than pretty much anywhere else on the web.

Jesus helps me trick people.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I love HOP Though I feel kind of mundane here, I mean everybodies like all exotic and stuff. *looks down at toes* I mean, people are like, I'm british or whatnot and I'm like, I live in Minnesota. WAHOOO! Wasn't born here, but it has been my home for like 85% of my life. So yeah, maybe I should pick up a dutch accent and call myself Johan from now on

*le sigh* the dutch rock, I want to live in the netherlands

But back to the topic, I love HOP!!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Why would you want to be someone other than who you are? Do you suppose that being British or Dutch will make you some sort of uber man?

[ 16. December 2002, 10:36: Message edited by: SickpuPpy ]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I'm just a small town boy with big town dreams

I wasn't terribly serious about that last statement, I mean yes I do love aspects of urban life and long to live in cities such as London or Amsterdam, but overall I'm fairly comfortable with who I am and how my future is shapeing up. Not completely comfortable, I have yet to grow into my own skin. I'm just in a liminal state, I still have that "Anywhere but here" mentality, I don't want to be defined by where my parents live, I want to strick out on my own. So yeah

But the I love HOP statement still stands

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Great to hear, Jello.

One thing you might not have realised is that people in London or Amsterdam probably think where they live is boring, and would love to live in Canada or the States... (the grass is always greener)

Back to the threads topic, now.

Without HoP I may not have married the love of my life, become a fulltime performer or even kept going with with firearts.

I basically owe my entire life as it stands to this awesome Bulletin Board!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ahem, yeah, back to the topic Sorry MikeGinny!

HOP has definitly helped me to expand my horizons with my poi, what with butterfly combinations and many other things. While I've practiced and learned most things on my own, it's always been nice to have a reference to look at when you hit a wall. I'm pretty sure my poi fascination wouldn't have lasted this long had there been no HOP. Bravo HOP!

And this is a cool place to meet people, if not just on the net and not in real life. It would be cool to meet that special someone, like you Charles, and to poi off into the sunset

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Hop bought me my soulmate....and many twinsoul friends.... to you all

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
I agree i love hop !!!!!

It's all good

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I think that this fits in well with Malcolms vision for HOP....

Non-Https Image Link

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"