Forums > Social Chat > Where I can do fire poi?

Login/Join to Participate

SeventyMilesBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
hey isnt fire poi illegal if you just do it on the street? well where are some places I can do it legally???

"A beautiful day. When it ends nothing remains the way it was..."

FireByNiteSILVER Member
Are you up for it??
349 posts

Posted:
check with your local council.

Are you up for it?
wink;)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Do you have a back yard? Thats allways a good place you shouldnt have any problem there, just as long as you dont have any very dry and very flamable things lyring around at the time.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
heres what i know accrording to the fire training video u should check for a fire ban even when doing it in street i guess (i think these r an american thing cos i never heard of em)
and in the book poi spinning by micheal kahn he says u should have third-party entertainment insurance for public shows (which would count as ur street even if u didnt have an audience although i cant work out if its jus implied that u should get it as a good idea or whether its requierd by law)
i belive that u could spin anywhere as long as you alert ur local police that ur gonna be doing it and tell them how ur gonna be making it safe just in case they get any calls but im in england so i have no idea of the law systems over there i shall be asking my bro in the police force for mre info on the british laws surrounding it :-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
loads of peeps dont have third party insurance. Um, you can happily spin in your back garden, i do, or the front, or down the road. You tend to find more ppl watch you spin rather than call the police or wat not.

Ummmm i did however hear a story about someone who did a wire wool spin for the first time, and the police and fir brigade turned up becos someone foned saying they saw devil worshippers or sumthing. LOL ubblol

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
*hip thrusts* rolleyes

There are lots of threads like this. Search before posting please, it's located to the top and slightly right of the page.

Take Care weavesmiley

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
have asked bro he will get back soon

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry pratchett

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
To perform on the street you will most likely need several things, firstly is it on a main street with cars or a private road? If it is on a main street you will most likely need permission from the council and should check out local regualtions, there is a law that state that you cannot have a fire within so many feet of a road. Also you will most likely need performers insurance, although this isnt totally legally necessary your unlikely to get any kind of permission without it. Try either your backyard or a park

Secondly note to Crowley2, maybe you should read that book a bit more and would notice not only is it spelt Michal but he is actually a girl wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

crowley2BRONZE Member
official hop cutie
272 posts

Posted:
really? dammit
y did i think i saw a guy there???

klodeoBRONZE Member
24 posts

Posted:
i think its probably technically illegal to spin fire on the street in most places, but ive still got a job doing it once a week in front of a club in leeds... just in the middle of town like. get talked to by cops all the time, but the most any of them has ever done is radio in central and ask if it was legal, to which they said i was ok to do it as long as something was kinda stopping people from walking right into it (i use signs advertising the club for this)... my advice: just try, chances are the worst theyll do is ask you to stop (as long as you dont give em attitude i assume)

even if you win the race, you're still a rat...