Forums > Help! > Help with mobile phones

Login/Join to Participate

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Im putting up this thread for anyone who needs help or advice with their current or new mobiles because i couldnt find a previously done thread.

my contract runs out soon, and ive had a couple of phone calls on behalf of orange for upgrades. ive done the checks on the costs of the new phone, i.e the package and what i get in comparison to my current phone etc. ill end up paying a few quid extra but the phone offered me seems to be the best on the market, top notch and expensive. my problem is though, i dont know what the phone is like, i cant find review etc.

the ones offered to me is a nokia 6250i and a motorola v545.
im not to sure about the motorola one, but i like the sound of the nokia but i cant find info or pics of it anywhere on the net!

does anyone here know anything about it or where i could find info? even just a picture would be a big help. does anyone here have one or knows anyone with one?
im going to go to an orange shop if i can get the time but i dont really, and they should be ringing me back sometime.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
sure it wasn't a 6230i?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
yeah my bad lol, they just rang back. i now got me a 6230i, its a 24 months contract which i can change the bundles after 6months.
im paying £27 for the package (400mins for the first 6 months) then it goes to 200 after that.(theyre doing a double offer)
£8 for 240 txt messages
and £5 insurance (which they are paying for the first 6 months)

does this sound wrong to anyone? ill be paying about £40 a month(£35 in the first 6months), which is more than my last phone but im quiet happy with that.

im just checking though just in case this seems to be majorly different from what other people pay.

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
thought so lol
I'm on a 200 deal - its a 18month contract which is nearly over but they said they will let me keep the special offers if i renew every year - 200 free minutes any network per month plus 500free texts per month - i've connected my nephews pay as you go account to mine so his top-up is billed to me and i now get 100 extra minutes free too - while he gets 50 free texts per month. all for £35 including insurance.

jammie cow aint I lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
doesnt sound bad at all lol, what phone do you have? i could have still just renewd my contract and had the same deal as before which was a students package- motorola v220, 1000 txt a months, 200mins and insurance, payed an average of £30 which wasnt bad, but me likes the sound of a fancy phone lol, at least then i can film poi stuff too.

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
mines a nokia 6230 - always being pointed at my 5month old.

her first word will be

No-ki-a ubblol

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol always a good start in life
that was one of the phones they actually mentioned to me, ah well

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I want a sony walkman phone - they sound megatastical

JhingeBRONZE Member
110 posts

Posted:
Hi i work in a mobile phone shop what info is that you after

i dont get paid to belive i get paid to destroy things

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
If you tell them your going to cancel your contract they will offer you a much better deal to keep you as one of their customers.
Also depending on what free stuff you want I'm pretty sure you'd be able to pick up a better deal than what they offered. I get 200 free anytime any network minutes, 500 txts and insurance for £35 a month. Thats with o2 online.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: noodles

Also depending on what free stuff you want I'm pretty sure you'd be able to pick up a better deal than what they offered. I get 200 free anytime any network minutes, 500 txts and insurance for £35 a month. Thats with o2 online.

sounds like they've matched orange's talk 200 plan

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
I think it was orange that matched up because I was looking at going back over to orange a while ago and they didn't have a plan I liked but o2 did and i've had this plan for about 2 yrs now. Saying that tho most companies have similar plans these days.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
i have had my plan 17 months - they are always in competition - i had an 02 genie sim three years ago, the one with 400 free texts a month and free unlimited wap for topping up £10 each month. They took genie sims of the market as people were taking liberties with the wap access (like me lol) those were the days..... *sigh*

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I have a 6230i. Brilliant phone, i love it. First one i've had that was more than just a phone and sms ubblol Last one i had was an 1100 - black and white, single nav. button, mono tones, flashlight. good phone, though tongue

something it took me a while to figure out with the 6230i though, is that you can change the camera settings (quality, size etc) if you hit options when in camera mode, then go to settings. you can also set it to save to your memory card from there, which is coolness. Uhm, otherwise, do you know about the fact you can get to messages, camera and calendar from idle, using the directional pad? up for cam, left for msg, right for calendar. Push and hold the red button in idle to turn off your music if it's playing.

if you haven't, invest in a thingy to send stuff to/from your computer. seriously.

Um, i can't really think of any other cool features, cos i don't know who knows what...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
I have been on O2 for ages but they were crap so i phoned them up and let them know exactly how i felt about paying £35 for 200 mins and 500 texts and insurance, and never ever getting through to them on the phone (a 15 min wait to b*****k them). Anyway back to the point i told them i was leaving at the end of the month to go to Vodaphone cause i reckoned that even though they sponsor Man U they couldn't be any worse than them.

To cut a long story short however after a few minutes of them offering me deals and me saying no i'm now still with them paying £30 for 400 anytime any network mins 500 texts and insurance, plus a spangly new sonyericsson k750i for free. How the hell i managed to pay a fiver less for this i have no idea, but my advice is say your leaving and refuse everything they offer you to a point.

This leads me onto something else which prob doesn't belong here but how much money must these robbing gits be making if they can afford to give me that deal after charging me more money for less everyhting else previously. Can't wait until my contract runs out and i threaten the same thing again ubblol

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
well, after getting that phone, realising id been used by the company, its been sent back (so i dont get 2 bills!) spoke to orange, and now at the end of this contract (october) will be recieving the 6230i, the same bill as now, so approx £30, 1000txt and 250mins anyphone etc and getting free insurance so will be getting £5 the above bill cost for the next year biggrin

so in short all the above for £25 a month

i love orange ubblove

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
Do what I do! Use someone elses! *teehee*

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ok so its getting near to that time of year again ubbangel

had a couple of calls from 'where on behalf of orange' cheats saying im due for an upgrade, so i rang orange (which of course they confirmed that it wasnt them calling me!) and they said yes, i can upgrade soon if i want to.

so, does anyone know whats the best phone on the market i could upgrade to? the lady said a lot of them arent on the orange shop which doesnt help. i want something which is good for pictures and videos, including a big memory card if possible. maybe even one thats good for net access but im not too fussed about that. any tips, hints or clues??? biggrin

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'm in love with samsungs at the moment, try a Z400 (Slide open) or a Z500 (flip open)

I have both biggrin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol howd i know youd post in this thread wink tongue

but what features does it have...?

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I upgraded to the Z400 today actually lol

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
bubbles ive just upgraded, how much are you payinga month now? the best phone available right now is without a doubt the sony ericcsoon k800i, it aonly came out two weeks ago and has a 3.2 megapixel camera on it, jsut got it, its ana amzing phone, you can get it free on o2, 35 pound a month will get you 750 texts and 750 amnytime any network mins. Also you can use your pic messages as your allowance, only it uses 4 texts messages up, so u can send lots of pics messages too

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
that sounds wicked will! and a lot cheaper than i pay now redface ill look into it.

tickle - it doesnt gimme much info on features frown you got any info?

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
i only just got it errr *looks in manual*

3G vd calling
picture - 2 mega pix camera,
video - 3gp and mp4 video
music - plays mp3, aac. wav, 3ga, m4a
voice recorder
bluetooth
web browser
java games
organiser,
calculater,
converter for currency, weights and measures,

thats about it, on top of text, mms and voice calling stuff

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
oh aye and its on the £30 a month / free broadband deal from Orange!

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
how on earth do i transfer data other than photos, i.e. messages onto the computer from a motorola V547 ?

there must be a way, as the mopogo dongle i have can transfer photos.

the only help i can find on the motorola website suggests i BUY a softwar cd with a data cable. but i dont need a data cable, i have a working dongle grr rolleyes
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1156008217)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
have you tried accesing your phone through windows explorer when your phones connected to the net? thats how i do mine. i also have a nokia disc that lets me backup my phone... does that help? ill add more when im at work smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
ooh thanks hun, ive tried explorer, but it comes up as the bluetooth exchange folder, i managed to "move" photos to it and thats all. it tries to do an OBEX file transfer, but seems to crash trying (one of those errors that you can notyfy microsoft about)

i have tried looking for free software but none seem to be able to transfer or move text messages,but they have no problem with contacts, ringtones and images

i have found that i probably need to buy the motorola phone tools cd that you can only buy, it seems, with a data cable umm for £20, there are a few on ebay cheaper though ubblol

i tried it all while my phone was on 02 wap gsm, and it managed to transfer a business card that i couldn't do before confused

Never assume
Always Acknowledge