fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
Anyone see it on NBC? If your on the west coast its on at 8 pm. Looks like it has some fire hula hooper and a bunch of other random acts.

Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
dang, i must've missed this. what night was it, fieryfiend?

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
It was on Wendesday night. Not a bad show, lots of performance arts. The fire hula hoop girl had 3 hoops (on the arm/waist and leg) with four wicks. It looked like the wicks just wrapped around the hoop, which was crome. Quite impressive. They also had this sword swallower that was a bit shocking. He swallowed a sword while standing in front of a X-ray machine that provided video of the sword going into him . That much radiation doesn't seem like a real good idea, but I was entertained. It also had a bunch of contorsionists and the 'rubber boy' that can fit his body through an unstrung tennis racket.
By far the coolest part was a group of gymnists that had these sort of 'performance stilts' on. They could jump 5-6 feet in the air with these things on . I definantly want a pair of those!

[ 26 October 2002, 11:53: Message edited by: fieryfiend ]

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I always quite wanted a fire hula hoop. However have never done it for a couple of reasons, the first being that I can't hula-hoop and would end up burning my feet when I drop it. The second being that I always figured the aluminium would really heat up & cause a lot of pain. What do you reckon?

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
fieryfiend, didn't know the hula hoopers or if they're from CA?

Rozi, lots of different designs of hula hoops, some had the heads on short supports held outward from the hoop away from the body and conductivity

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

fieryfiendmember
48 posts

Posted:
The hula hooper was on for only a brief amount of time. They didn't say where she was from. They did mention her name, but I dont recall what it was. I want to say it started with a 'D' and had two sylables if they helps at all.
I really dont know if it was metal or not Rozi. It definantly appeared to be which makes no sense to me. Maybe she enjoys pain.

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
first of all, ive toyed with the idea of a flaming hula hoop for a while now, i can hula quite well and asked around a bit for one. i found a place that will make one which is a hoop with a larger hoop of wick that you light around the outside, so its one continuous ring of fire but you dont have to touch it.

secondly: fireyfiend (you stole my msn name!) Juggleart in melbourne make jumping stilts. they are called 'Powerskip', they come in XL, L, M, S, and cost around A$2100 per set, depending on which size you want. normal stilts are about A$550, and you could jump on the backyard trampoline for added excitement...

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I got to see some of it.. unfortunatly the lady friend wasn't intrested and dragged me kicking and screaming away from the TV right after I started screaming about how the fire hoola hooper wasn't wearing natural fibers. I closely study'd her construct.. Bight clean flames.... (white gas *shiver*) No embers so she did have kevlar.. 3 wicks set at equal distances around the shaft of each hoop.. However they might have been set on protutions from the core of the hoop. Would make more sense. There really wasn't any point in giving her more then a minute of airtime.. She had the 3 hoops going well but had no other moves. (mumbles something about a missing saftey and stage curtain comming dangerously close)

Best part of what I saw by far was the guys in the garbage cans.. They sooo rocked!

Worst.. WELL WHERE'S THE POI AT!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC