Forums > Social Chat > No spining for a month :(

Login/Join to Participate

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
last week i broke my right hand hand and now i am in a cast. It's a very lovely day today and i wanna spin.I broke my fifth metacarpel in my right hand so i have a cast that goes from the middle of my fore arm to around my ring and pinky finger.The doctor say's i have to wear it for a month.I wish i could take the thing off. my arm itches. sorry, i just realized i was ranting. I'm just bumed and bored. maybe i could take up whip chain or something else that i would only need one hand to do. Anyone have any good ideas?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol aww thats real bad luck. I cant think of any one handed poi-type things. Oh actualy you could swing a single poi one handed, hardly the same but its...erm half of your old hobby? lol lame idea sorry

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
i thought of that. tried it to, but felt kind of stupid swinging only one poi.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Get a broom handle - weight the ends - teach yourself to do one handed staff tricks (fishtails, finger spins, palm spins etc). Juggle 2 balls in one hand.

It'll improve your left handed coordinationand strength. Then when you can spin again you'll be as competant with your left hand as your right (this is assuming that you are right handed of course).

You may already be able to do these things. Then I'd be stuck for one handed spinny things to suggest confused

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
well, i spin staff but not thast often and my right hand is my leed hand. it might be a good time to get better with my left.

-Albert Einstein-

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
How did you brake your hand anyway? I guess once you can pick up poi with both hands you will be even more enthusiastic about it hehe

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
i fell and strait armed a wall trying to catch myself. i didn't get my hand open in time, so basicly i hit a wall while falling.

-Albert Einstein-

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Owch frown get better and get poi'ing soon

Find the video of 'Lola Going Crazy' that will cheer you up lol, nearly wet myself laughing

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
that was great! thanks, i needed that.

-Albert Einstein-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Violently Tame

The doctor say's i have to wear it for a month.I wish i could take the thing off.

I'm watching you...
umm

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
take care of yourself violently tame. Watch out for those walls in the future heh? ubblol

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Written by:

I'm watching you...

Oh, realy...... wink ubblol hey, doc? is it normal for the hand to swell inside the cast?

-Albert Einstein-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yes. Quite. As long as the fingers aren't turning white and pulseless...

If that happens, back to the hospital. IMMEDIATELY

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
thankies doc! my fingers are fine. i just wish i could stop my arm from sweating when i get hot. it makes my cast feel nasty wich makes my skin crawl.

-Albert Einstein-

Xopher (aka Mr. Clean)enthusiast
456 posts

Posted:
Try spinning two sock poi in one hand. It's hard even right handed.

The other thing is: work your planes and your position control on that side. If you're right-handed, this is an opportunity to help catch up your off hand.

"If you didn't like something the first time, the cud won't be any good either." --Elsie the Cow, Ruminations

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Update: I had to get my cast replaced today because yesterday I was working out in the sun and the cotton padding inside the cast got wet from sweating. This morning i noticed a raw spot on one of my fingers in the cast and realized i was getting"boot rot" of the hand. my hand stayed wet so long that the skin at the base of my ring finger just rubbed off.now i'm bummed out because i can't go outside at help out my platoon do work.

-Albert Einstein-