Forums > Help! > Need ideas for a costume

Login/Join to Participate

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
OK, I did a search, but didnt come up with any useful results, so if anyone who is better at searching wants to have a try, go ahead.

OK, onto the thread.

Next year I am hopfully *crosses fingers* participating in a hike, Hoadley Hide for any Venturers.
Each Hoadley has a theme, this year it was Ships and Ports, next year it is Jungle Lost.
We didnt dress up this year, but I wish we had have... so I am trying to persuade people to dress up next year.
My problem is though, what can we dress up as? There's probably heaps of ideas that you can do for Jungle Lost, but I can't think of any, which is where you beautiful people come in.

What can we dress up as? we will have a team of at least 4 people, and they have to be able to be hiked in with a pack on our backs.
Any ideas anyone?

StephenMmember
34 posts

Posted:
Dress up like arnold in the film "predator" or as myan jungle people with feathers and straw cloths covering your sensitive bits, thats what i would do smile

You became the light on the dark side of me...

Raromember
97 posts

Posted:
dress up like a tree then you will blend in and you wont be attacked by the Great Mole Rat or the notorious Drop Bear
safety is No.1 concern

The Salmon moose!

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Loincloth

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
Gorilla suits are good, but yu might have to be a shot gorilla-zombie gorilla!-to get the suit perforated and cool enough for hiking. Of course if any of you are going the Tarzan or similar like is described above you then if the gorilla gets too hot he or she can just change costrumes with someone else, possibly wearing one of their own underneath the for and latex.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
If there are four of you one or two of you could dress up as wild animals (mainly a good face paint with a little fur and stuff in the right places, maybie a fake claw or something) and the other two could dress up as jungle natives? lol One could even dress up as one of those hunting english Victorian Hunts men from the 1900's, handle bar mustache, fake elephant riffle, maybie a bubble pipe too lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
some good ideas are coming up here guys... thanks...

as for dressing up as animals... I suppose we wouldnt need a costume, just face paint, maybe some ears... not a good idea hiking in animal costumes... other than cost...

But thanks for the ideas guys, if anyone has anymore, would be appreciated