Forums > Social Chat > Living in a circus trade community

Login/Join to Participate

josh1429newbie
11 posts

Posted:
Hi out there!
me and a friend of mine had a nice idea recently.
we thought that it would be nice to start a circus community somewhere on this planet in a nice and warm country where we can live of the land and form a performance group , kind of like a trade community were everybody who lives there helps each other. it starts as an idea but i posted that in many forums all around the world and i got a few nice replies and ideas from the people out there and so i hope that all of you are interested and provide me with ideas on where and how that would be possible. i am not talking about an old-school hippie community no i talk about a modern 21st century community with web-cams summer-camps , sponsoring and performance groups who can practice and go on tour from there. so feel free to join me in the brainstorming and share your ideas with me and the rest who is involved in that already "who knows maybe we get the snowball rolling and we can make that dream real one day"

Your fire addict
Josh juggle

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Sounds good but very vague so far... is there a time scale on this yet?

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ohhh
sounds cool smile

i guess the best option would be to get the title deeds to an island or something smile would be cool

"spinner's fortress" tongue

back

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
I've been toying with a very similar idea...

there is a similar concept already in existance, Zuvuya but it boarders on a "hippy" community.

the initial and difficult part would be to try and be as self sustaining as possible. Generating your own electricity, as well as a sufficient and potable water source.

if you're looking at "high tech" you'll have to set-up a server room, the idea is community. then you'll have to make decissions on what "online" facilities are offered, which would then lead onto ensuring that within the design of each building, provision is made for the offered facilities!

obviously before any of this can be initiated, linden has made a very good point. TITLE DEEDS!

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Seems like a good idea in theory, but would be ridicuously hard to set up. However if it ever looks like working i'll be the first to join in, so long as its in a place without big spiders *shudders*

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
im with Aryth - no big spiders

i suppose as a long term project could work quite well
if you got the group of initial settlers together before and toured raising funds then started it could go well

self sustaining could be hard but the tech is there, as for the location that would be difficult

if you wanted self sustaining power somewhere sunny and preferable near strong running water (for hydro) it couldnt be very far frmo a major population centre to allow net access etc the UK has lots of location that could provide this but is expensive and lacks sun

mediteranien europe would be another option or US

id say the main issue would be the size of the community and its aims

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
And what in the hell is wrong with a hippy commune? ubbrollsmile

Why does it have to be on an island? It doesnt have to be isolated... It might all end up like "The Beach" if you go at it that way... just start up a normal commune shrug Easy smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
but i wanna live on an island :P cost would be cool though -lotsa beach

maybe we can take over the campsite at falmouth and turn that into a commune?

back

10,530 posts

Posted:
What, and have the Daily Mail call us gypsies?

no way smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
who cares about the daily mail anyway tongue
when i say take over i mean buy fool tongue

back

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
yeah man, we can be hippy gypsies, why the devil not??? however remember what else they found on the beach, it couldn't be to bad!!!!

peace

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lol ill take your word for it Aryth having never seen the beach (or read the book)

back

10,530 posts

Posted:
Big weed crops smile

peace

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
A mixture of solar power, small wind turbines and hydroelectric turbines (catching rainwater on it's way down a guttering pipe) would be the way forward for power.
Go for geothermal for heating - you don't have to go deep underground to find temperatures that are warm in winter and cool in summer.

It'd be a hell of a lot of effort to be self sufficient, but it's doable.

The main problem would be internal politics - it wouldn't take much at the start to wind people up, it'd have to be expected that a number of people would get angry enough to leave. Obviously it might not happen, but better to be prepared and have it a nice surprise when everyone gets on with no problems smile

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

josh1429newbie
11 posts

Posted:
Wow thanks for the great response on that as i said it is an open idea and i need all of you to help me with your ideas and dreams and the snowball is rolling since a few month already and people all over the world are interested in the project. i know it is going to be a hard start but if we get people with different skills together and if we start small ..... i think over the next years it is possible to get somthing up and running

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
how about everyone moving to the scilly isles smile

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
im up for it!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
great ideas...

smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

josh1429newbie
11 posts

Posted:
hey cool there are more people out there who have the same dream..... so lets work together and do it