Forums > Social Chat > Not In Our Name (War protests etc. in the States)

Login/Join to Participate

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Who's going to the events this weekend for Not In Our Name?

more info here

Also, what is is going on locally to you that is anti-war in Iraq? Santa Cruz (University) has a few rallies/protests going on soon and a walk-out protest... planning a walk out protest if we bomb anywhere... and san francisco of course is getting more and more protests.

Just curious what's going on where you are.

And also if anyone has a ride to San Fran for me for the anti-war march on Oct 26th?

Peace & Love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Kyri,

have a great protest! i'll be still home out of da public, doc's orders, but might get out Wed night to meet The Great Lix of Fire Fabulon/ Detroit + The Crispy Family Circus/ Denver while she's in town here, with a few of us.

funny, i just posted the LA Times article on the Sat 28th London demo championing Not In Our Name in the Dont Attak Iraq Demo!! thread, which is where you should go to link up to this new thread of yours & also find active people on this topic. . . on all sides. in fact, for a while i thought i got called

quote:
[deleted post]
except, after investigation, that was certainly meant for someone else, and da honorable poster's political position, which i did not remember, sorry, until researching, turns out to be pro-demonstration!

sorry for even wondering if a fire-friend was expressing strong opinions & feelings to another in a political conversation . . . & if the poster prefers it deleted now, oddly enough, i say it was ok for me. . . but i'm a radical, & while words hurt as much as devil sticks & poi-stones, no words or sounds really bother me from others in the fierce flares of meaningful, all-in convos. not condoning any ill-will ever; yet quickly forgiving & understanding of stray expressions. . . it's like something for the English linguistics thread, just something like unusual grammar now & then, no biggee.

Santa Cruz not enough popular anarchy for ya, gurl, you taking over San Francisco now, too!

whooooo, you're sooooooo. . .(* hug *)

and that's certainly not specifically for politics.

~ Mikie

[ 02 October 2002, 05:12: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
^ woops, that post got deleted by the poster, whose name i've left anonymous.

but hey, whether it was meant for me or another which others have guessed (the target's kinda anonymous too, like often in a thread!) vive la pluralisme!

[ 02 October 2002, 04:51: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
quote:
Fire Fabulon
unusual name for a troupe - is is just aussies who consider fabulon to be an ironing aid

[ 01 October 2002, 17:28: Message edited by: Ade ]

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
damn damn double damn. I'm gonna be in the bay area that weekend too, BUT I CANT GO!!! cause instead I'm gonna be promoting peace in my own way, at goa gil's birthday party. really wish I could go, cause I've been wanting to make it to one of their demonstrations.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by master sodium:
damn damn double damn. I'm gonna be in the bay area that weekend too, BUT I CANT GO!!! cause instead I'm gonna be promoting peace in my own way, at goa gil's birthday party. really wish I could go, cause I've been wanting to make it to one of their demonstrations.
Ahh.... you will be at gil's party? =) Small fucking world. Interesting......

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Cool! Have a good protest

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by AardvarkOnAcid:
[QUOTE]Ahh.... you will be at gil's party? =) Small fucking world. Interesting......
Grrrrrr....I want to be in SF...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
hey kyri!
have I just been missing your posts on here, or have you not been around for a while?
goog to see you sista! have a great protest!

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
MASTER SODIUM, GOA GIL, REALLY?

you must PM Kinudin, i just introduced him to goa by a long AIM conversation where i used my best storytelling skills to tell him How Goa was Invented. . .

and my pulmonary doc for my recent firepneumonia is from a Goa family, by way of Zimbabwe where i grew up, he's excellent, so this is more wonderful kismet. gotta post up some fire story in his honor soon on our site (once i finish a look re-do takin some days) & now you're gonna party with Gil. . . WILL YOU BE LIGHTING UP? WILL YOU TAKE PIX? it's all such a big possible rush, this has got to be a major fire story to share with everyone by the time we're done!

hit me! hit me! (* no, not slap me, "shut tf up!", i said hit me up! *)

~
Ade, really, Ade, an Aid

for ironing? never heard that. will ask The Great Lix if she knows.

Kyri, love

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yo ALL EARLIER READERS, please read ^ my revised notes on the quote from someone else i put in my first Iraq Attack post (post #2 in this thread)

thanx, givin love to all, & credit where due -- always

~ Mike

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I actually don't think i can go this weekend.... even if i'm not doing anything else i'll have no ride on sunday. which reminds me-aardvrak, whats da word on da party as applies to me?

and master sodium, if i'm there, we should meet up. but aardvark is right, the world is small.

i'll be in frisco on teh 26th tho, and of course monday is ucsc's first organized event that i know of... apologies for giving this a seperate thread, i didn't haev time to read all of don't attack iraq.....

and paddy, i think i've made under ten posts in the last three weeks- school and not having a pc for the first two- i promise to write up an update soon-

peace & love, kyri

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
They have a bus going from my school to NYC for a protest on Sunday, but I'm rather broke and that's just too much work for me to do on a Sunday! Anyways its Hampshire College - protest mecca of western Massachusettes. If there's something to protest, it'll be up somewhere on my campus.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
really, Kali? that many active radicals? how bout da other colleges around ya?

(speakin of which, your sig's "Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions. - Salvador Dali". . .he would, tho he's got some of the grains there too. hey, i had lunch once with an old Disney animator who knew him during his trip here, and loved to tell those eccentric tales of what Dali was like, believing that scrap paper in the gutter is alive. ahh, his divine Muse's diabolic gift of some grains. . .)

do you like Rainer Maria Rilke? Willie B? Artie R? Hildie of B?

hey, is Mass about to have its first female gov, Shannon O'Brien, i think?

[ 02 October 2002, 10:07: Message edited by: FireMike ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Master Sodium if I go we should meet.

I dunno if i'm gonna make it tho. depends if i cna get a ride.

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah