And all that's jazzBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody,

Now that I'm back at Sydney Uni for the semester and within easy travelling distance of poi spins in Glebe (and have got to some small standard of competence), I'm looking to buy a set of fire poi. I've heard on the grapevine (what I was doing there will not here be elucidated) that there is a poi and staff store somewhere in Newtown (Sydney, Australia) and wass wondering if any local spinners would be able to give me the address, or some directions. I've roamed along King St. as far as the station but haven't been able to find it. Please help the navigationally challenged,

Jazz

C8H18 + 12.5O2 ---------> 8CO2 + 9H2O + you know what

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Try Happy Herbal Highs. They have fire gear, although I don't have any experience of using the stuff they make, and don't know who the supplier is. This means I can't say either way on the quality.

Or in Glebe try InDenial or Sid's juggling stall at the markets. Sid supplies InDenial, and the stuff is quite good, if a little light on the wicking. There is a supplier around the markets who has a bit of a bad rep in the industry, whether justified or not. So spend some time talking to the person selling the stuff and make sure you are happy with the quality.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Further to Rozi's spot-on post, HHH is located on the northern bit of the southern part of king st. biggrin

Walk out of train station. Turn left. Cross road (make sure you're still on King, not Enmore Rd) and you'll find it before too long.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
HHH has a few different manufacturers.... they always have such pretty stuff in there....

that's where I get my fuel from too... devil

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
I've made to to Sydney and my brother has told me to find a shop called Sideways in Newtown. It's one of his friends knows the owners and said they'd be nice to me. Things is he has no idea where it is other than being in Sydney - he doesn't even know what kind of shop it is. He said knowing this person it's probably dodgey but should be interesting.

So as another navigationally challenged hopper, any help?

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Surprise surprise, I know it. Will tell you about it later today.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...