Forums > Help! > Chain leashes for glowbugs?

Login/Join to Participate

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
Somebody here mentioned attaching their glowbug poi to regular chain handles..How can I do this?
I don't want anything flying apart on me afterward.

I like the feel of my chains much better than the cord handles on the glowbugs- more weight, and they wrap better, as well as not tangling as much.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

poiromaniacBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
i just got my globugs and was thinking the very same thing. think i might try to leave a small loop of the rope on the ends and then put a split ring onto that small rope loop, then chain onto the ring? cant think of anyother way? have u tried anything else?

* people who dont like cats were probably mice in an earlier life *

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I won't need a split ring- the quick links that came with my fuzzy poi chain handles should do..I was thinking something similar, I just wanted to be sure it was safe to do this.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Tower Cranes, for you are soft and would look better when squashed by a full concrete bucket"

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
i've done it with my glowpoi but they are ballz u like ones and they actually have a metal loop attached to them, but they've been fine. So long as the loop attached to the actual glowing bit is strong enough, i don't see why it should fall apart.

quicklinks are better than the split rings though because the twisting of the poi meant that the loops kept working their way out of the ring...

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

AmanitaSILVER Member
157 posts

Posted:
I've got the glowbugs, the ones that come with cord handles, no metal loop. Somebody here was saying he cut most of the cord handle off, leaving only a small loop of cord, and he fastened them to his quicklinks like that. Sounds like a good idea, I just don't want to mess up my glowbugs in case it doesn't work..Maybe I should get a length of cord from the fabric store and try it out before cutting up the cords that came with my glowbugs..