ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i like it i like it lots ive been playing with both going reverse lots and also started playing with one forward and one reverse while trying to keep them parallel oooooooooh its so hard buuuuuuut ive found that the trick to them is to practise infront of a mirror its greeeeeeeeeat you get to watch yourself and spin biggrin ive also found that exagerated flowy body movements so the arm positions are 90 degreesish from each other helps loads tis great for trying to become more aware of your whole body

dual fishy trick family type thing

both sticks in front wall plane

both backwards fishtailing totally out of time (pretty move allows lots of body movement)

both backwards fishtailing half out of time (gives a parallelish effect)

both backwards fishtailing in time to get a butterfly like effect (i cant make it pretty yet the body shape for it is just wrong)

one forwards and one backward to give a parrallel effect the whole time (very pretty very very hard)

both sticks in wheel plane

yay tim smile

inside the body fish tails (hope i can explain them better then i can do them)

As the name suggests you need to have staffs short enough to spin them inside your body i.e. like a buzz saw type thing

theres acutually 16 vairatations possible but i recokon only five worth learning

one inside out ouside same direction: both staffs spinning in the same direction (i reommend backwards) and have the timeing so when one's inside the body the others is outside.

both inside, both out side same direction: simalar to the last one but different timeing.

cross formation: both staffs spinning same direction but the timing is half way between to last two which should mean you gat a nice fishtail buzzsaw cross thing going (well that's the theroy anyway).

one inside one outside opposite directions: the clues in the name

both inside, both outside opposite directon: if anyone's up for a challenge try to swap the staffs over when there both on the inside

the other type which i haven't mentions are the spit time ones and all the reverses

as an insentive for people to pratices themam going to offer a prizes of 10 snails to the first person who gets 20 beats of each type

EDITED_BY: ben-ja-men (1101476901)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i always use my shadow to praice.....cant do it in the house.Thanks for the tips im tryin really hard with my staff(s) at the mo.
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
inside the body fish tails (hope i can explain them better then i can do them)

As the name suggests you need to have staffs short enough to spin them inside your body i.e. like a buzz saw type thing

theres acutually 16 vairatations possible but i recokon only five worth learning

one inside out ouside same direction: both staffs spinning in the same direction (i reommend backwards) and have the timeing so when one's inside the body the others is outside.

both inside, both out side same direction: simalar to the last one but different timeing.

cross formation: both staffs spinning same direction but the timing is half way between to last two which should mean you gat a nice fishtail buzzsaw cross thing going (well that's the theroy anyway).

one inside one outside opposite directions: the clues in the name

both inside, both outside opposite directon: if anyone's up for a challenge try to swap the staffs over when there both on the inside

the other type which i haven't mentions are the spit time ones and all the reverses

as an insentive for people to pratices themam going to offer a prizes of 10 snails to the first person who gets 20 beats of each type

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Double Fishtails can be found on Blackandbluepart2 with is on the Poi in the Park site.

smile

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
saexy ass moves there guys

damn i wish could do fishtails.

after six months im still nowhere near getting more than two beats frown

Love is the law.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You must be doing somehting wrong then wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
tell me about it. no other move has frustrated me this much mad

Love is the law.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ado-p a tip to learning fishtails

1. start with doing back hand to back hand passes

make sure you have it slow (push your hands together when passing from one to the other to act like a break) , consistant and controlled before going to step 2

2. to learn reverse fishtails on your right hand spin the staff anticlockwise when you are looking at it, when the staff has been passed from left hand onto right hand and is roughly horizontal pivot on your left leg and bring your right leg round behind you so that you spin 180 degrees. then go back into back hand passings this will let you experience the feeling of the fishtail path. adjust your hand movement until you can do this movement without the staff falling off. You now have the first half of the fishtail

3. do the same movement in reverse carrying the staff back on the same hand.

4. once u have both halfs down dont do the passing inbetween just switch between each half continuously

5. to learn forwards do the same with the staff spining the opposite way

general tips - be very aware of the staff when learning backwards fishtails as the staff is coming at your head, if you think its going to hit you in the head dont stop and freeze becos then it will instead finish the movement and drop it, its less painful.

if this way doesnt float your boat go to www.poiinthepark.net theres a different way to learn them that i wrote ages ago on there

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
sweetness,

I never would have considered using a method like that.

thankee muchly smile

Love is the law.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
most staff movements can be broken into parts to be learned seperately then recombined into a whole