MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Went for a walk through the foothills behind Stanford yesterday with an old friend after having had a cup of tea. Um...special tea. Very special.

Ah wow...a trip through the astral planes while overlooking the San Francisco Bay Area. Life does not get much better than that....

I haven't done that in a good six months. But I've noticed something. Every time I do them, it gets harder and harder. This time, I actually had to make the tea because the idea of eating the nasty things made me want to wretch. It was hard enough to drink the tea.

Is this eventually going to get impossible?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

halfabikemember
55 posts

Posted:
haha if you have any trouble eating any you just let me know and ill take care of them for you!!!

excuse me, santa, have you seen half a bike?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yeah, well I'm out now and I have no idea where to get more...

Might be for the best, though. I'm not going to have that much spare time for a long while now.

-Mike

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Desiccate em until they become like potato crisps/chips. Chewy, but with little taste .

Make some blue honey or steep em in alcohol.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Want to know why it gets harder to eat them?
It's because syllicyban is a poison. That is why you get the euphoria and hillucinations, it is actually a byproduct of you body's process for expelling the poison. So not only does it taste bad, but your body knows that it is a poison and therefor doesn't want it anymore. So it begins to take some will power after a while. I used to put them on pizza, or in spaghetti sauce. You could try that, but on the down side sometimes they come back up and bring whatever else is in your stomach with them.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Try Nutella instead ... it's safer

::runs away before Mike kicks her bottom::

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Actually, the reason that you get the hallucinations and effects is because sillycybin is a molecular mimic for serotonin. Serotonin is used to turn different parts of your brain on. Well, sillycybin makes them all turn on at once, so here are neurons thinking that another neuron is talking to them when nobody actually is. Hence, hallucinations.

Serotonin is also involved in the movement of your gut, which is why it makes you feel a bit ill.

-Mike

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
hehehehehe if you cant eat them mike try yajea, or if you want ot exercise wilths looking for a fix.
SCREAMS:
CHASE A TOAD AND LICK IT

or walk to any golf course they ave em
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
SHROOMS ARE FUN
trip u all later

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Try putting them in a big pan of water, put da lid on, and boil the feck out of 'em. After an hour or so (or longer if u can stand the anticipation), strain the liquid into a mug with your favorite herbal tea and some sugar/honey.

No slimy bits to swallow, but all da good juices.
Sorted

xxx

Az abouve, So below...

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Raw and by the hundreds. Come on, are you a man or a mouse!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
shroom tacos

i'd recommend NOT heating them up for a long period of time, as i've HEARD (from 2-3 well known sillysybin growing sites) that heat can break down the psilocybin.

I think the best way i did it:
get a strawberry bannana slushy
finely chop the goodies
take a sip of the slushy
put some of the goodies in your mouth
take another sip, and swallow whole

took me 10 min to eat an 1/8 (10-15 of em)
but i never felt sick, never tasted them

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
oh, they are REALLY fun to grow too, if you have time time and patience!

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
lol coming from the state that grows some of the most potent shrooms on the planet..

Yes, heat kills the two active ingredients. So does leaving it "out to dry" for too long. There are two ways I'd recommend processing them to avoid the taste. The first way is the more common in this area..especially for all the people who have never done it before. Boil em over for 20-30mins TOPS, and dont boil on a high boil, just a medium bubbling boil. Using some sort of utensil, while they are boiling, squish them against the sides of the pan. After the 30mins of boiling is up, run them through a strainer, and again, squish them against the strainer. Then with the dark colored water, just add sugar and grape koolaid and you NEVER taste it.

If you have a little more time on your hands, I'd recommend fan drying for 1-2days(under a high powered fan)..I usually put them on chicken wire..(same stuff I made my sparkly poi out of..lol)..so that all sides of them are accessible to air. After 1-2 days, I put them in a tupperware, with dessicant(Damprid...used for drying out rooms for painting). I let them completely dry up for another day or so, till the stems break with a snap, and they are dry. Then I chop them up in a food processor(a mortar and pestal works too), to make dust. I call it magic plury dust. lol Anyway, the dust can be stored literally for years if stored correctly and barely looses any potency if dried and stored correctly. The dust can be added to any drink, or food, or even a gelcap. The upside to doing it this way, is since you turn it to dust and mix it up, the potency should be about the same throughout your whole amount of dust. Just make sure not to take too much, I made that mistake this past weekend and went on a trip I wish I didn't.

Hope this helps someone out there..

plurr
CrD
I'm glad they are plentyful here..hehe

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
This is interesting. Erowid claims that psylocybin is not heat-sensitive but that psylocin is. Now, I'm no organic chemist, but I have taken organic chemistry and seeing as how the only difference is a phosphate group, I'd imagine that psylocin would be more stable than psylocybin. But then again, psylocybin would simply be expected to degrade to psylocin when left in water.

*shrugs*

-Mike

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGinny:
This is interesting. Erowid claims that psylocybin is not heat-sensitive but that psylocin is. Now, I'm no organic chemist, but I have taken organic chemistry and seeing as how the only difference is a phosphate group, I'd imagine that psylocin would be more stable than psylocybin. But then again, psylocybin would simply be expected to degrade to psylocin when left in water.

*shrugs*

You wouldn't be this confused if you stuck to synthetics.

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Like plastic bags y'mean?

Meh

AardvarkOnAcidmember
92 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by C@ntus:
Like plastic bags y'mean?
Course. What did you think I meant?

Is that all life comes down to? To be lying face down with an overenthusiastic guy in pink pin-striped pants sitting on top of you and grunting? -- Random MusingsSex, Drugs and Psytrance.

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
when ingested psilocybin turns into psilocin in your body, which is responsible for the hallucinatory effects. heat destroys both compounds, so the blue honey tip is recommended. dry them, stick them in honey and let them sit for a while until the honey turns blue. this effect is caused by the psilocin/cybin. you notice that when you bruise a sillycybin shroom, it begins to blue, this is from those chemicals. but not all blue-ing mushrooms are silly shrooms, so that is not a sure-fire indicator.

you can grind them into a fine powder and take the equivalent dose in any food. just add them as a sprinkle, or mix with a cold spread on a piece of bread...

Wow