audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
As an inline skater who has dared to tread on the ground of skate-boarder domain, the skatepark, I have seen and experienced some fairly open and violent animosity between inliners, bikers and boarders.
My Q. is: Has anyone seen experienced or heard of any ill goings on between Staffers Poiers Jugglers etc?
Because it's the stupidest juvenile shit in our wonderful art and I don't like it. How to handle a snooty staffer/poier who won't even talk to you like a person because you do the other?

Before everyone goes off at me in response, This behaviour is far and away the minority case as a lot of twirlers do both and are open minded and not very likely to beat each other with their equipment like skaters may. But sometimes I've had staffers seem to even avoid me because I mostly do poi. What'n'the hell is that about?

UYI wink OLDSKOOL

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I have never experienced this kind of thing, quite the opposite in fact. Fire people are the most friendly, welcoming, willing to share group of folks I have ever had the honour of getting to know.

I am curious though, you say that sometimes there are staffers who even "seem" to avoid you because you mostly do poi, how do you know if that's why they avoid you have you asked them? Maybe that's how it "seems" to you because of your experiences on skate parks.

Onelove, Thistlefirepixie

[ 07 July 2002, 12:11: Message edited by: Thistle ]

Are we nearly there yet?

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
I've never experienced it between twirlers but.... I do remember some very passionate discussion on the board some time ago regarding the animosity many jugglers have towards twirlers.

Can anyone remember the name of that website.... the one that took the piss out of the home of poi and its members in the name of 'satire'?

mwahahaha!

Love and Light,

Finn

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bendy would know but he seems to have wanished again. I reckon the aliens have nabbed him. Flash Fire might remember.

Meh

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
The League Against Poi

Are we nearly there yet?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Or maybe there'll be a sneak attack from Thistle....

I thought you'd gone. You're hiding again aren't you.

Meh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
That's the one... League Against Poi!

teehee!

Well done Thistlefirepixie!

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
not this AGAIN...

Finn Could you check that first post
and replace the word "many" with the words "3 stupid".

If this starts up again, I'll be forced to go search for all the old threads about LAP.

The first one was called "this is bad..." but its a while back. maybe even on the original message board.??

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It wasn't that long ago was it Glass?

Meh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Glass,

'Many'... '3 stupid'.....

Whatever!

I just remember the League Against Poi as being quite a funny thread. Surely the new skool h.o.p'ers deserve a giggle too.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
okay, so i don't get this whole "league against poi" thing....juggling with fire is awesome but can you dance while juggling with fire? I'm sure someone must be able to but it still seems like comparing flaming apples to flaming oranges. Oh well, who gives a shit it's what i think that counts!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
did you read the disclaimer on the League site Nyx? About how people didn't realise it was all a joke and the guy started getting death threats....

Meh

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
la la laaaa.
Yep lets let the newbies have a laugh.
The second (or maybe third) thread about LAP was here " league against poi

It was orignally on lukes site luke burrage as a joke, but I think there were about 3 jugglers who took it seriously.
its not there anymore.
but there is some funny stuff.
also lukes been known to swing poi, and is registered as member #260 Lukas. but I don't think he here too often, he has a very funny sense of humour.

Be cool
Drew

audaxBRONZE Member
freelance bum
286 posts

Posted:
I never expected that! I thought there was a bit of snobbery about but at least it's in good humour.
It's all better than the fisticuffs that sometimes breaks out between Skateboarders/inliners or surfboarders/bodyboarders or snowboarders/skiers etc. Must be something about going sideways/forwards I guess!? We're a fairly peacefull lot when compared with being run over by a surfboard or beaten with a skateboard. Nice

UYI wink OLDSKOOL