TheCleanermember
23 posts

Posted:
I nailed the weave after two days of trying smile. Back, front, and still working on the turn. Now comes the real hard part, I'm sure. How does one go about putting it all together? I can do each move without error but knowing how to form a "set" or show baffles me. I was hoping maybe someone could give me a list of moves to go through (in order). NOT wanting to copy anyones style/set/show ect, just something to work on transitions. Thanks again for all your help.

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Well, if you think about it, if you know N moves, then there are (N^2)-N theoretically possible transitions. It won't really work out that way, but there are *a lot* of possible transitions. And learning a good variety, getting really comfortable with them, is an important part of learning to twirl (I say this as someone who's only been doing this a little while myself). Often when I practice, I spend more time on transitions than moves.It starts getting really fun when you can listen to music while twirling freestyle, and make transitions into moves that actually fit the music. You need a good repertoire of transitions to do this. I'm just barely getting there myself.So basically this is a long and roundabout way of not answering your question, but really--work on as many transition combos as you can.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

TheCleanermember
23 posts

Posted:
I'd like to retract the "i can do EVERY move" statement. Thanks for your answer. I figured that would be the case. I was messing around today and found that time will have to be my teacher on that one. Looking at the video footage of DangerBoy (shameless plug smile)HE'S A MAD MAN!! mind blowing stuff, I can see it's going to take A LOT of time. DB if you read chalk up another "biggest fan".

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
*blush*well, after you've spent six months spinning 10 hours a week at least, you'll be able to do some pretty serious spinning too. Hopefully you'll discover the joy of new toys too. Chains are super cool, but staff and double staff and flags and cross and sword double swords and whips and tables and orangutans and breakfast cereal are all waiting to be spun. Tp paraphrase a soul-crushing corporation, Just spin it.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

TheCleanermember
23 posts

Posted:
he spoke to me!!! just kidding. I'm currently spinning about 5 hours a day 3-6 days a week. Yes I need mental help. My wife makes fun of me because my fingers are actually bleeding. What I lack in skill I will make up for in devotion. I like the idea of spining tables and what not (LMAO). I wanted to do child-Poi (tie my 2 boys on the end)she wasn't haven that, the boys were game. thanks again. OUT.