Page: ...
robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
ok the plan is to meet up in piccadilly gardedens around 4pm on the 19th of september (the sunday) once we've all meet up we can then decide where to go from there ether the gas works or the cannal front or if someone knows someware better we'll decide on the day if your up for comeing post below so we know whos going to be there and how many see you all there biggrin

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
few replies
andy, no problems with the 'y' thing wink
flash.. i would like some of the glowy ball things too biggrin

Not 100% sure if i can make the 3rd yet, will try and make it tho, the sheffield thing i was talking about was the HOP sphericular day on 30th October.. theres a link somewhere..aha!

https://www.poiinthepark.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=414

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Have almost finished making some black bush style wire wool poi but need more clips to finish the second one off (stupid B&Q not having the things I wanted). Tested the one in my back yard not as good as I had hoped for but still ok. When fully loaded (only put a bit in to test) should give a very long burn (in wire wool standards) but not so sparkly. Will do next test with a touch of paraffin see if that helps. But have an idea for a different design (lots of sparks with short burn like Rob’s ones). Will start work on them as soon as I can get hold of the parts.
Not sure I can do the 2nd bit short notice have things planned. Any chance of a change of date one we are all happy with?????????

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Oh rob who is the music by its kinda cool would love to know who it is so I can go find some other stuff by them

Oh oh this may be supper cheeky but can you post the unedited film on your FTP sight so I can download it if it’s a bit big and will kill your bandwidth any chance you can burn it to cd for me and I will get it of you when we next meet

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Might be a problem getting the glow balls, the shop didnt stock them today, but the trolley dolly said they were still ranged, im going to have a look tomo eve... Keep you posted!

PS any1 object if I put a poster up in my local juggly type shop (Sells fire poi for £50!!!!!!!!!!!) if any other cestrians want to come along....?
EDITED_BY: =FL@5hPoin+= (1095898531)

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
Could one of you help me with my kevar did doesnt seem to be burn right...how much kevar should i have put on?
mike.c

Rules and responsibities:
These are the ties that bind us.
We do what we do,because of who we are.
If we did otherwise,we would not be ourselves.
I will do what i have to do
And i will do what i must..

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
hmmm...doesn't burn right in what way young man? and how did you attach it? with poi for longer burns the more ya put on the longer it lasts but cos staffs spin slightly slower and more kevlar might make em too heavy i'd have thought about half a metre on each end would be ok but i'd check with one of the staff weilders before taking it as gospel! equipment probs are a pain in the arse when all ya wanna do is go out to play so i hope ya sort it soon mate!

It's smashing to be back x

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
I don’t know I find making new equipment is half the fun. Iv spent the last few days working on various different wire wool poi with varying degrees of success some worked ok some where beyond crap. I still haven’t come up with a design to match robs for amount of sparks but still haven’t been able to get any chicken wire yet will keep you posted as to how it goes. I found with my staff I put on as much wick as I felt comfortable spinning with (not to heavy as Andy said) if you can spin heavy put on as much as possible for staff don’t rap it to tight you want relatively large flame the looser the rap the bigger the flame. Like Andy’s poi loosely rapped with huge flame as apposed to my tube core tight rap small flame.

Oh is it pos to have the meet on a sat so I don’t have to leave early to get my bus???

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: robnunchucks

]
it looks like im trying to do firestaff while symultatniously hypnotiseing a badger just out of shot smile

hypnotising it is ok i spose mate....but DONT poke it with a spoon

unless ya got the tee shirt that is!

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
right so many questions mike for you i would recomend puting on the same amount of wick as on my staff while your learning then once your used to it you can increase i would recomend useing 50cm of 2.5inch wide wick the easyist way to explain is the surface area of the wick determins the flame size the amount of wick determins the lenght of burn go with 50cm of 2.5 that gives a good sized flame and a nice lenght burn and is kinda the standard for fire staffs secondly i wouldn't recomend a lose wrap as the wicks will deteriatorate faster use as tight a wrap as posable to ensure the wick lasts and doesn't fall to bits

secondly the song is Von Blondies - C'mon C'mon

and finaly no sorry unforunatly the when the footage comes off the cam its in raw avi format and its huge i think all the raw footage was about 2GB the only way to get it down to size is encode which if im going to do all of it would take about 3-4 hours after which it would probly still be 100mb smile i might be able to fit it on some cds but im going back to uni tomorow so unforutnaly i wont be about till christmass holidays frown so if you can hang on till then i'll sort you out

oh and also what are "black bush style wire wool poi"

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
thank guys..its done now and it burns well.
umm...sat no can do im a barman and getin a sat night off is v.hard
Can we just keep it sunday?not the 3rd but the oe after?
if we keep this a mouthly thing or mybe evan twice a mouth how about we get a wab site goin?
mike.c

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I still like the idea of the 3rd....

Still no sign of the glow balls, damn their eyes...
angry censored mad2 angry censored mad2 angry censored mad2

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
3rd would be the better of the 2 dates for me too tbh smile
I will ask around here see if i can get any more people coming along

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ok ok i will do the 3rd you bullied me into it

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mint Sauce

ok ok i will do the 3rd you bullied me into it

so how many of us will be there?

me me me me me! for one...i had a great time last time, although ALL the things that rob tought me about staff manipulation have gone totally out of my head despite his excellent teaching so i'm gonna be pestering you staff people to gimme some more lessons! hehe

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well not that im any good but ill try if you teach me some poi?
mike.c

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I'll be there but the balls wont.. The shop tell me they wont get anymore before xmas now...

Ive nailed the reverse weave!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
So its still all on? Thank God i was well upset about missing the nineteenth 4 oclock sunday in the gardens?

I've been trying to find chicken wire to make cages but am so struggling, got wool but no cages. Would someone be willing to let me use there cages on sunday if I bring some wire wool?

I'm so excited, honestly it'l be so great to be able to spin with others rather than on my own and having random scallie's watching me do fire poioutside my house

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
ive just finished makein my cage so ill see if i have some spare wire for you to take home..but you can nick mine for sunday.
im gona have to make a new staff as well mine has turned out to be way to heavy u'll c what i mean on sunday.so is anyone up for teachin me some poi?
mike.c

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt exactly say I could teach you poi but seen as your willing to let me use your cages I'll show you what I know.

So want this day to end Fridays in work seem to take ages and ages and ages and ages!

So wish tommorrow was sunday have no other plans for the weekend barring sunday counting down the mins as i type!

See you all there!

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i feel terrible! i was so blooming looking forward to going then stood everyone up! was in a minor car crash...luckily, unhurt but the (thankfully non spinning so it doesn't really matter about her injuries! hehe) driver broke her arm and hurt her neck....didnt get out of hossie til late ish and by then is was scudding down with rain. next time peeps!

by the by....when IS next time.....lets see....last weekend in october is haloween and i'm booked and first weekend in november is bonfire night and i'm booked....we could make it sunday 24th oct unless thats too early for ya all? or hows about 14th november? course....just cos I'M busy is no reason why the rest of ya cant meet up without me so if ya fancy a haloween spin or bonfire spin then feel free to set the date! hehe. splitters!

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Its a damn good reason not to come Andy most people didnt turn up there were 4 of us mostly but we had fun.

Used Mike's Fire staff, thinking I'll be like you wanting to know more staff, its not poi but its Damn good.

So was everyone else scared off by the rain?

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
well lot of people could not make it we all said to do it again next week for the peeps who could not stay or make it down....is that ok for ya?but im glad your ok dude....

is any one up for the sheffield pip this month?i think we should go and show em how its done?
mike.c

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
*crap manchunian accent*

oh aye, poi in the park sounds bonza. us guys should really make the effort to go down and meet up with all the other groups from the area otherwise we'd just be un-sociable. besides there might be some cake... who's with me?

*voices in background*

aye!
aye!

wink

cya there guys!

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Next week is good for me we just need lots of spinning soon!

Deliriummember
8 posts

Posted:
Sorry i couldnt make it this time, I had a busy weekend and actually slept most of sunday.. left it a bit late to get the train up :S

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i'm away at a mates in scunthorpe next weekend...bugger

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
How about a midweek evening meet? It shouldnt interfer with peoples weekend plans this way?

Its up to the majority of course!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
im good with any time next week...then we can wait till the 30th.....i was thinkin we can all go down in a group a pull a all nighter there?
between us take food, cooking stuff, drink, weed and mybe a couple of tents.Any one up for that?
mike.c

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Now thats a good idea!

Problem no tent transport or idea of where shefield is!

loki.c1687SILVER Member
addict
546 posts

Posted:
i lived there for 2 years so i know my way around...as far as transport we can just get the train its about 20 pound there and back...
mike.c

Page: ...