The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
ok so huricane charlie is heading right for my town (tampa) and all i can think is "man it would be cool to spin glow-stick or tailed poi in that storm!" so am i completely ubbloco or does that sound cool to any one else confused

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm.....
Yup, I think you're completely ubbloco
ubblol
I'd be heading straight outta there! But then again, I'm a Brit who'd be terrified if a hurricane started heading this way (Houston).

Well, my experiences of spinning tails in just a fairly light wind are... they suck. Big time! You just end up flappy material getting wrapped round your head.

So what are you thinking will look cool about it?
Spinning in the wind?
Spinning under stormy, angry looking skies?
Or spinning whilst cars get rolled down the street towards you?! ubblol

When's the hurricane forcast to hit, and how big is it?

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

1,489 posts

Posted:
its going to hit tomarrow (8-13-04) and its about 109 mpr winds.......and its not so much the look that i think would be cool, as much as the FEELING of bing out in something as strong and natural as this storm.........spiritual stuff......

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
well, I can tell you that you will probably have a difficult time just standing up in said storm, let alone trying to spin anything. I remember walking around last year the morning after a hurricane hit in the middle of the night about 45 minutes from me. The winds were horrible, and I had a hard time just getting from one building to another. I usually walk to work, but that day I had to drive - a whole 5 blocks because the winds were still so strong (5 or so hours later).

I'd suggest playing it safe. If you are on the wet side of the hurricane, you will get pelted by the rain, and it won't be pleasant cuz the stuff will hurt when it comes down.

1,489 posts

Posted:
ok im not actualy going to do it, my wife would kill me, i just THINK it would be cool.........im not that crazy...........yet

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
just keep replying to threads on HoP and im sure you'll be out that door faster then saying "corkscrew"

in state of metamorphosis

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I was too amazed to spin when I was out on the street when Juan went right over Halifax and Dartmouth (class 2 storm, but the damage of a class 3!) Totally mad energy that was... Wasn't getting blown down, but I was only out there for a few minutes, and was totally drenched in rain... I'll spin the next time I'm in a hurricane!! tongue

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
Good weather for kites. bounce2 bounce
*Books flight to Tampa*

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

psycho44BRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
I also live in pinellas county and well i burned on my way out. I had to evacuate so i had to burn once before I left. As it turns out however the storm was coming straight at us and then nothing we had more rain last week with no hurricane.So back at home grateful to be spared the wrath of Charley.

*PiPeR*stranger
38 posts

Posted:
It would be tough twirling, but I know what you mean... it's a crazy thought, and in a crazy world where it was safe and all it's be 100% trippy... pity we're in reality *sigh* rolleyes

~*PiPeR*~

stiksBRONZE Member
35 posts

Posted:
*grumblebloodystormmakingweathernastysoIcan'tgoflyinggrumble* angry

-No future in it-

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
hope everyone's ok, altho some arent-people are dying out there! as far as i know, its sweep into the sea, where it should pick up more strength, then return inland towards georgia way...
stay safe

in state of metamorphosis