Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
When i was on the bus today i had such a nice feeling come to me.

I was sitting by myself, listening to my music (if i remember correctly i think the Pixies were on) and i just smiled the whole journey. I felt so content with life and such.

Not everything is 100% perfect, there's a lot of things i need to make my life "perfect", yet i am so happy.

It was such a nice feeling, i have never had before. biggrin Thought i would share it, hug

Anyone else feeling happy? ubbrollsmile

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Happy Happy Joy Joy! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile hug hug hug hug hug hug hug ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
peace

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
I know what you mean... Sometimes it just needs the smallest things: maybe music you like, a ray of sunlight stroking your cheek through the bus window and a handsome guy smiling at you (or even less) and you feel all good an content even though you think your life is a mess at the moment and you are actually not happy with your life.
I had that last week: A nice long chat with a guy I really like and later on, on my way home in the car, 8 (!) guys passing my car, waving, winking and smiling at me. I felt really good... wink

"I see," said the blind man.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It's probably because the Pixies rule.

As do the Violent Femmes, but they're more suited for summer.

I'm not drunk

Honest

*hic*

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that is the purpose of life.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
you got what my (not religous) friend calls a hug from God...

yay!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
i think ive had that afore, but ive generally been around people...i think it was yesterday actually, and you have to tell them too.

in state of metamorphosis

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i felt like that at moonfest the other night!!! ubblove weavesmiley

it was just a lovely friendly fun night!!!

bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I used to feel that way a lot more than recently... recently I haven't been content with life for ages in the way that makes me smile at the little things... I don't know why maybe it's cause I'm more busy and I'm beginning to accept the world as is. BUT I don't want to!!!!
I question, I do not accept. But I'm gullible as hell....

Or maybe I smile at all the little things all the time now that it just comes naturally to me, I have been smiling a lot more recently... who knows????

Keep smiling Alice smile smile smile smile

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
i call those "life is good" moments and i dont have to many or them

one time i was on the second floor/balcony of my favorite book store sitting on a bench reading a book id been waiting for for a long time an i just looked up and a really beautiful jazz piece was playing and it was raining outside and the store was full or people and for some reason it was simply perfect

im not a particuraly positive or overly happy person, but in that moment life was good

peace

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

kitemanFlying high!
245 posts

Posted:
It's nice when you get that little buzz from inside your body. There are times I just sit and smile to myself. thinking of the fun times I've had, and the people I have met on my way. It's what makes life so worth while.
I wouldn't change it for a thing.
grouphug

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
:insert beaming face here:

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

284 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kit

you got what my (not religous) friend calls a hug from God...

yay!

I think that's a very lovely way to describe it smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I had a moment like this at Womad this year. I had gone to my tent with a headache on the thursday night in the hope of sleeping it off. At 3 am I woke up feeling really sick. My niece had got in the tent after me and was sleeping in the way of the flap. I lay still for ages thinking I was dying (as you do when you try hard to stop yourself from vomiting). In the end I had no choice and got up, climbed over the sleeping niece and made a dash for the toilets. I was sick for a long time. It was dawn...very cold and a bit damp when I came out of the chemi loo (phew yes it and I smelt bad!). I saw one of the security people sitting wrapped in a blanket at the top of a tower. He smiled and asked if I was ok. I smiled back and said I was fine and indeed for 30 seconds I did feel elated. Then I promptly threw up again. For some strange reason between vomiting sessions a stupid song came into my head and I had to sing it.

https://www.netlaughter.com/kittyhiphop/kittyhiphop.cfm

In hindsight I guess the security guard had heard me singing and thats why he asked. This song for me will now be forever linked to chemi loos.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
I love those moments, I find that there's a really good mental state for it that lies somewhere between daydreaming and sharp observant... Just to wander and observe and be closed off from the world, yet totally there with it!? Noticing little quirks of the world.... I like the hug from god analogy, that describes it really well actually smile

Listening to music as well, always helps me reach that state, I've had a couple of moments whilst listening to the Pixies too! Also Jane's Addiction... i don't think i've ever been so content than last summer with kettle whistle on permanent rotation... and the only drugs involved where those taken by band members during recording... biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

284 posts

Posted:
*note to self - buy Pixies CD*

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
ubblove
I love those moments! And they are often when I am listening to music too, and usually when by myself - but often when loads of people are around me.
Like on the London Underground, I love rushing about between all the people in my own little world with my own purpose so different from everybody else's (usually!), and looking round wondering where everyone else is going - who is excited about where they are going, who is nervous, who is sad... and sometimes I just get these little sort of adrenaline rushes from being amongst so many people with different purposes. I can't explain it very well but I get that 'happy feeling' at odd times sometimes.

My favourite one of this year while I was travelling would have to be having a night-time swim in the pool at the Treehouse in Mission Beach, QLD.. floating on my back looking at the stars and being overcome by the fact that I was in the middle of the rainforest so many miles from any worries, and that for everyone at home it was a wednesday lunchtime so they would be having a break from work and looking forward to the weekend.. Oh that was just THE best feeling ever! biggrin

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fräulein

I know what you mean... Sometimes it just needs the smallest things: maybe music you like, a ray of sunlight stroking your cheek through the bus window and a handsome guy smiling at you (or even less) and you feel all good an content even though you think your life is a mess at the moment and you are actually not happy with your life.
I had that last week: A nice long chat with a guy I really like and later on, on my way home in the car, 8 (!) guys passing my car, waving, winking and smiling at me. I felt really good... wink

i feel the same lass!! i'm an old git for this here forum (37) and i still stop in the street to look at a lovely tree or a ladybird or something.

i think if MORE people stopped to appreciate the beauty of the world around em more often....then we'd all be a lot happier, a lot friendlier, and more content. viva la (very very very peaceful) revolution!

It's smashing to be back x

284 posts

Posted:
I assume nearly everyone has seen American Beauty. It's one of my favorite movies not only because it is such an honest and at the same time ironical portrayal of suburban life. It also tells us to "look closer" (the movie's tagline) and enjoy and find the beauty in the smallest and simplest things.

Quotes:
"For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." (Lester Burnham, "American Beauty")

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." (Ricky Fitts, "American Beauty")

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
ah...not seen that...must fish it out

It's smashing to be back x

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Dr. Langstroms Happiness Virus perhaps.

biggrin

jigglybumballetboinewbie
13 posts

Posted:
Aw, you guys, you're making feel all tree-huggy hug

Speaking of which, have any of you done that? I did it with a big tree, it was just wonderful to be dwarfed by something so huge and powerful.

I felt this great admiration, and some sort of peer-based connection, like we're all life-forms just sharing the space, the surface, but having fond recognition of other species and respect for them.

Anyone with me here?

peace

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy
~ Jack Nicholson

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
When my Nieces and nephews were small we used to go to the park to hug trees. Because their arm span was so small we used to all link hands and give the tree a good old squeeze between us. My sister in law is a childminder and all of her minded kids and our kids friends did it too. There is a whole village in the south of Wales where children under the age of 11 have been raised hugging trees as a group activity thanks to my family! We get some odd looks when I still make them do it now... biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!