Purple_Hazemember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi im new to these forums and quite new to poi.

ive been doing it around 3 months now and have just got the 5 beat weave sorted wow it rocks

ive also just started to play with fire and would like to meet other ppl in the north london area to have a play with.

if any 1 would b interested in getting a group of ppl to meet every now and again 4 a smoke and a twirl or if any thing like this all ready exists in london give me a shout so i can come and join in

all my best Purps

Purple_Haze@btinternet.com

Smoker live and smokers die,but in the end we all get high,so if in life u dont suceed,say F*ck it all and Smoke some WEED!!!!!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I see. Very good. Welcome and all that. Please put your details in the Roll Call. Thanks.

Meh

miss_rummageSILVER Member
63 posts

Posted:
hey Purps!
welcome to the board. i to am based in north london and the closest poi group is the one in kensal rise on a thursday.
you should have a look at the gatherings discussion board.
Since im a busy girl these days, I dont have much time to cruise down to the brixton and vauxhall meetings.
i havent lit up yet but am planning to very very soon, so if you feel like hooking up for a spin sometime then give me a shout.
where do you normally play with fire in NL?

stay smilin

Maverickmember
8 posts

Posted:
Lo Purps m8e,

Hi all just signed up to the forums. Im a m8 of haze's. We just got back from Sheffield where we met Kato and friends at Planet Zog @ The Arches. It was a great night.
After we went to poi in the park but left early meaning to come back later. Unfortunatly we flaked out (hard night lol).

Purps and I goto the Viaduct on Tuesdays to swing our stuff.

Kealaigh we play with fire out the back of my house in finchley, We may also do it in the park if we can during the weekends.

We also run a Production Group and an internet radio station. Our first night will be soon. Well have a dedicated poi area and fire outside to begin with so ill hope to see lots of you there.

Our site is at Silverwidows Entertainment Group

Mav
(JAY)

[ 23 April 2002, 21:20: Message edited by: Maverick ]

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
you can ride my tail any time Maverick

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Maverickmember
8 posts

Posted:

eheheh

Purple_Hazemember
6 posts

Posted:
as mav said at mo we just go to a small area at back of where he lives but if we can get a group of around 5 to 10 ppl interested and permision from our new friends up north ;P i would like to organize sumthing along the lines of Poi in the Park near us.

we r unsure at mo where is best place to do it but ill b having a look at a few places other the next 2 weeks so any 1 interested in joining us ill stick another post on here with where im going and roughly what times and hopefully loads of ya will turn up

as it stands at mo we have victoria park near us but this closes around the time it gets dark so no good 4 fire but hampstead heath is also close by and plenty of room to light things there

Purps

Smoker live and smokers die,but in the end we all get high,so if in life u dont suceed,say F*ck it all and Smoke some WEED!!!!!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hallo chaps,

Kensal rise is a great night and may not last long, so go while you can!

Hope you can all venture down south for Poi in the Park on the 18th. It's not that far!

If you organise your own outdoor event avoid parks. You can't have any flame in London's parks and as most of them are policed you'll get moved on. So Hampstead Heath sounds a better option. Let us know!

Happy spinning!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
There will definitely be fire spinning in my garden this weekend if you feel like coming along... And likely all forms of juggling in my garden all the rest of sunday (as it happened this past weekend).

I'm in Hendon, 2 minutes from Hendon Central. e-mail me if you wanna come along smoky_dave@hotmail.com

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
wikkaman: You can be my wingman, anytime...

ohh haze an invite to one of daves legendary parties. mmmm. quite an offer, they're the place to be this weekend, great carpets. I left a thread about thier legendary groovyness around here somewhere...

the only downside is that you'll have to meet all us punks.

Smoky I'm coming, but going at about 2:30 and bringing michal so there should be poi and contact a plenty.

Glass

Maverickmember
8 posts

Posted:
Cool we'll come if we can. Email purple_haze@btinternet.com with the details. We'll be along after we do some gardening

well bring some parafin

Mav

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
Last weekend was amazing! Glass gave me the best contact show I've ever seen in my life!

I hope the weather this weekend is as good as the weather was last weekend. We were all out in the garden all day (I got a little burnt by the sun even!!) playing with toys...

63 posts

Posted:
I'm working both saturday and sunday this weekend, but may have some free hours on saturday afternoon. but not too sure yet, depends on work.
But email me details too and i'll try and get my ass and another poi persons butt over there.
im actually working in hendon which is a bloody bonus.

Honestly, there aren't enough hours in the day damn it!

stay smilin

63 posts

Posted:
don't suppose anyone was having a play in hendon park around 5.30ish yesterday?

i was missioning to work and saw a guy playing with a short staff?

just wondering...

stay smilin

Greensmember
4 posts

Posted:
Just sent Haze a mail.

I live Norf London and i'm new to Poi, but interested in meeting up and learning from the rest of you.

I'll even skin up for all you lot while your doing your fancy tricks.

I want to get somegood trix ready for when i go on holiday this year

SmokyDavySILVER Member
394 posts

Posted:
I was at JJ last night, so it definitely wasn't me.. It might've been Moohaha or Plink (Fairy helen) as they're the remainder of the party...

we have a huge garden though, so it would be most likely that they'd just go there.

If you e-mail me at smoky_dave@hotmail.com I'll send you directions..

D