sophiamember
3 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody.I live in San Francisco, and I'm interested in learning fire but don't know where to go. I've heard that there is a gathering at Golden Gate park on Sunday nights...do any of you participate in that? I've been spinning poi for about 5 months now, and I feel like I'm ready to try fire. I would also love to meet some other poi people in the SF area. Thanks ahead of time!-Sophiahttps://www.pixiepaint.com

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
If you're of the gothic persuasion, you can always poke around club Death Guild. I understand they have a few fire performers connected with them.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Please don't anyone call points on this. Tell her where she went wrong = ok.Call points = bad.

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey Sophia,don't ask about the points thing, you just don't wanna know... winkAnother nice SF person has posted a thread here:https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000384.htmlI feel like cupid!!! Hope it all works out...R.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

sophiamember
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks Rozi and SickpuPpy. I appreciate your help!Calling points? Quoi? So I already fucked up with one post?How does that happen?

sophiamember
3 posts

Posted:
Oh, I see. I did a search on calling points, nobody needs to explain it to me. BTW if I seem out of it it's because I do poi in a circus/theatre setting, not a rave/fire setting. This is all new stuff to me.Right now I'm working on a comic dance routine where I'm dressed as a fairy with flower poi balls and my accompanist keeps messing up so I turn from a sweet fairy in a super bitch. Poi balls work well in dramatic and comic settings. They're so versatile...